It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have Apple's maps found the Loch Ness Monster?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Lol, that does sounds dirty doesn't it

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Lemmin, why you gotta post my thoughts before I can... I agree, it's a photoshopped out boat. Also you do realize you're posting things from Daily Mail, right? They are nothing but a tabloid...

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
i see a large boat barge or dock inside the symmetric wake.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: seabhac-rua
Whatever it is it's the size of a couple of football pitches, Nessie has never been reported to be that big.

I think it is a Scottish Navy Destroyer that has been sloppily obscured by photoshop for security reasons.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Erm....you guys do know that Loch Ness is a dormant super volcano don't you? It sits on the great Glenn fault line.
Going by the following report, may be a super sized algae eater is not so far fetched...

Professor Tom Plume PhD (51) of the EU Volcanic Research Committee has warned that the famous fault-line, known as the Great Glen, may be about to rip apart as a result of a Super Volcano, which has lain dormant for millions of years.

What we found shocked us: nematode worms and zooplankton the size of a human fist that seem to be feeding on thermal vents."

"We found a very active thermal rupture in the sub-base of the loch", said Professor Plume,

Professor Plume cautiously suggests that Nessie may have managed to survive the ice age by swimming around the warm volcanic vents and feeding on the monster sized sulphur feeding worms and plankton. The volcano may be a relic from the time this area was part of the super-sized continent Pangea.

www.lochness.co.uk...

Some more geology stuff here...
www.lochnessproject.org...

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
It's photoshopped. You can tell by looking at the pixels inside and outside of the red circle.
edit on 18-4-2014 by TheProphetMark because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

I unwillingly call BS on it. Its a boat. If you look just pass the wake and slightly to the left you'lll see where the boat was removed anda attempted to be covered up. What we're looking at is a typical wake.

:-(

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
It looks like a really big catfish at first glance.

Interesting!

s&f for weirdness!

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

2nd post busted the op.. Not much
"have at it" there old bean!

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe
Lol, it does!

It's hard to tell from that distance what it is, but it looks similar to a wake from a small boat.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

The wake, if that is what it is, looks like something a large barge would cause.
At least that is my guess as to what could cause that kind of wake.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I did a google earth look at Lock Ness and found this boat...

I think the wake is almost identical.
edit on 18-4-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71
Too bad it's just a boat, it would be so awesome if it was Nessie, the Loch Ness Monster!
You found Nessie, lol

edit on 18-4-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: added comment

edit on 18-4-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: Nessie not Nelly, doi

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

Yes it would be.

Nessie is out there somewhere!

I believe!

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I also see a boat.If you zoom in on the pic,you can see the triangular shape of the front seating area.

Edit:The more I look at it,the more it looks like one of those high speed rafts that the S.E.A.L. teams use.
edit on 18-4-2014 by crazyeddie68 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyeddie68

Though the photoshopping is pretty evident, I had always wondered why some claimed o be able to see it on the apple maps originally. This may be the best explanation why. It was probably a military barge/boat that was scrubbed for security reasons.

edit on 18-4-2014 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I stay in Inverness and happen to work in the aquaculture industry. I'm pretty sure it looks like a boat that has been photoshopped out. However a local firm offers tours of the loch here are their photographs, lengths and weight to compare to the photo in the OP.

Jacobite Queen

Gross Tonnage: 121.59
Length Overall: 22.86 M
Service Speed: 11 knots

Jacobite Legend

Gross Tonnage: 26.27
Length Overall: 18.64 M
Service Speed: 9 knots

Jacobite Warrior

Gross Tonnage: 140.81
Length Overall: 24.5 M
Service Speed: 12 knots

or it is a huge Greenland shark

PS. i dont know why or how to get the pics embedded in the post instead of links without added them to my libary
forgive me

edit on 18.4.2014 by Scotscorps84 because: pics not embedded

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Scotscorps84

Do those ferries come out of the north end of the lake?
That is where the original picture is from and also where I found the other one with almost the exact same wake pattern.

And as far as I know, I don't think there is a way to embed a photo without uploading it to your account.
If I am wrong someone please tell me how to do it...lol
edit on 18-4-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

Actually, they look like a common plecostomus from above. If you have an aquarium with one, that's a familiar profile to see.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Yes, they depart from Clansman Harbour in the north end of loch ness and cruise south to Urquhart Castle

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join