It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Plane in Tehran?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: youdidntseeme

If it's owned by the bank, but operated by another company, then it will be registered under the bank, as the trustee (as it currently is). You'll see it with airlines sometimes, when they don't own the aircraft they use. For example, American ends their registration in AA (N475AA), but if they're leasing an aircraft through a second party (say the Utah bank), then the registration will be something different, and not necessarily end in AA.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

But if it was a simple emergency landing, why would airport officials in Iran not simply say that?

Though as the article points out, I doubt this is anything covert through the US government. I would expect undercover things to be carried out with a plane not marked with the American flag and so easily identified.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: jrflipjr
The Mormons are in Iran trying to spread the gospel of John Smith!

No but really why is there a plane owned by a US bank in Iran? Violation of banking regulations!!

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: InvisibleOwl

I only raised that as one possibility. But the last time there was an emergency landing there, it was hard to get any information about it.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidLucinda

Not if it's operated by a mining company in Ghana.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

OK fair enough. I suppose Iran may for whatever reason may not want to admit that American planes would land there at all.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

So even though the bank owns the plane the mining company can fly it to Iran? Interesting, thanks for the info.
What's the mining company doing in Iran, that's the question.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

As someone else said, think of it as your car. You can drive it wherever you want, and are responsible for all the maintenance, gas, etc, but when you look at the title, the bank name appears on the title with yours.

The company in question is from Ghana, which still has dealings with Iran on various things.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Ah, makes total sense now, thanks for clearing that up.
I was thinking the bank owned it but was letting this other company use it. Duh!
That's why I am loving ATS, so many knowledgeable members

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

They own it in trust for the mining company. It's a little more confusing than the car analogy, but that works as an easy explanation.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya
a reply to: HardCorps
That really depends on whether or not you trust the Iranian media (not that I trust any media)

Interesting that the US foreign assets department refused to comment...

THIS.
Who can you trust? The answer is yourself.
I personally believe there's a shadow operation afoot here. I've felt this way since the Iran-P5+1 talks went so suspiciously well. How is it all of a sudden 'A-OK'? Israel's been suspected of working with Saudi Arabia. WTF is going on here? The world is going to total # and the US is aiding our enemies...

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

HA! Good one!

Anyone trying to spread the word of that cult is misinformed as to the history and beliefs of Islam. Then again, Jim Jones was a pretty popular guy too...

Ima gonna fly my plane over there and find out!

Dang it!
edit on 4-19-2014 by jrflipjr because: Sanity and color

top topics

<< 1   >>

join