It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Loon...it it does have a base in Nevada

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
This may be stretching the bounds of Area 51 and other Facilities, but Google Loon does have a base in Nevada, and we all know Google is a bunch of spooks. For those that don't remember what Google Loon is, this link will explain the project again and it also goes into the next phase, namely LTE instead of just wifi.

Google Loon testing in Nevada

The FCC documents list the location and frequencies use, though much else is redacted. Remember, Google spies on you, but you don't get to spy on Google.
Google Loon document on the FCC website

The frequencies used correspond to T-Mobile LTE, which uses band 4. The nominal location is n40 25 26.1 w116 16 39.8 with a range of 100 miles. Presumably there are ground units in area. I would expect to see cards on 50 and I-80 checking out the signal.

If you have a mode-s receiver, the Google balloons use the callsign HIBAL. HIBAL23 was seen yesterday.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Sounds like an article about Facebook sending drones to Africa for wifi.
I don't like either idea.
Bad for our health, animals health, the invisible and can spy on you in many ways.
You don't need a lens or a microphone to look and hear through walls, so the unwise can use this to dictate your every movement.
edit on 18-4-2014 by oneoneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: oneoneone
How is expanding a wireless (whether true WiFi or via LTE) affecting anyone's health?

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: parad0x122
a reply to: oneoneone
How is expanding a wireless (whether true WiFi or via LTE) affecting anyone's health?

Google "wifi health risks" ...

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Certain body parts, including the skin, use electricity to communicate. The same effect from a transmitting mobile phone to a device (noise) applies from any transmitter to the human body, disturbing information required to keep the body intact. In a test where a house telephone station was put next to a bee hive, closer and closer, the bees never came back or died. Of course it also makes indirect mind transfer and keeping nature up to date pretty hard.

Cables already have magnetic fields, too. For whatever reason the cables are chosen to vary in frequency so quickly that a lot of frequencies are covered, even though the main inventor of electronics, who knew a lot about electronics and health, wanted it to be one directional and constant.
Air energy cables have a measurable field of 50m.
By the way, I can hear magnetic fields, but they're just annoying and distracting beeps from all sides, because the signal is too fast. Sadly my mind can't go web surfing.

Sorry, but I cannot give more information, as it can be abused.
edit on 18-4-2014 by oneoneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: hana1

I already have. Turns out there are basically 0 health risks regarding WiFi, unless you sit on top of your router all day. And since Loon is a project design to increase the WiFi bubble via high-altitude balloons, I'm going to go out on a limb and disregard any "health risks" that this could potentially cause..

That is of course if you'd like to take these guys' word for it, who just so happen to sell "ground breaking technology" to prevent said "health risks."
edit on 18-4-2014 by parad0x122 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I think Loon and Facebooks drone idea is stupid. I have a much better idea. I will be putting it up on my websites in the near future (copyright purposes) but the last thing the world needs is more online crime. I know for a fact that the internet will be regulated internationally someday, its the only logical option

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: concernedviccitizen
I think Loon and Facebooks drone idea is stupid. I have a much better idea. I will be putting it up on my websites in the near future (copyright purposes) but the last thing the world needs is more online crime. I know for a fact that the internet will be regulated internationally someday, its the only logical option

If you have an idea, it is generally a patent, not a copyright. Further, presenting the idea in public can cause it to be open source.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I wonder if this fat military guy knows anything about it?
Hint: this has something to do with "balloons".
More details soon...

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: FosterVS

Looks like a horn antenna. If it is a horn antenna, size would be around 10GHz or higher. The FAA has one on Booker Mountain.

I didn't post it on ATS, and probably not related to this photo, but the FAA is upgrading the backhaul between their various facilities in Central Nevada, including the TTR.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Sorry, but I cannot give more information, as it can be abused.

You have already said too much!

Star for you

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Looks for Hibal 10 (twice) and Hibal 189. They used two fake mode-s codes for Hibal 10 (700020 and 700022). Hibal 189 mode-S is 700019.

HIBAL

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: gariac

Looks like a horn antenna. If it is a horn antenna, size would be around 10GHz or higher. The FAA has one on Booker Mountain.

Nice... I was wondering who if anyone would equate the feedhorn size to a frequency. One of the things I pondered was, as these feedhorn were pointed at somewhere that had me and my holiday trailer sort of in the path - since they are just feedhorns and not a reflector dish, are they transmitting or receiving? I assume they know what they are doing, and wouldn't be transmitting a high level microwave signal at or near me in a public area - and fat boy did walk in front of them numerous times.

The answer to the hint - these were at a rest stop between Wendover and Salt Lake City. Pointed at one of the blimps that is regularly tethered north of the freeway. I made a trip right to the border where these are, more info and pictures to follow.

I was kind of wondering if they were doing some type of GPS jamming, i.e. they run a "balloon" up a tether , and activate a localized GPS jammer. As my GPS worked fine, I am guessing no.

edit on 2-5-2014 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

For what they call aperture antennas in the microwave region, you basically have horns and dishes. [Dishes can be fed from horns.] If you look at the horn equations, there is a diminishing return on gain as you make it bigger. That is, you make the horn larger, but you really aren't getting that much gain for a bulky device, so you go to a dish, which has more aperture. So you can kind of judge the size of the horn relative to the frequency. But 10GHz versus 15GHZ would be hard to tell, or it could be a really low gain horn at say 5GHz.

I haven't been out to Wendover for a while, so I don't know the balloon project, but the Google balloons are very high. They are UFO sighting generators. Tethered balloons are called aerostats.
Aerostat

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I haven't been out to Wendover for a while, so I don't know the balloon project, but the Google balloons are very high. They are UFO sighting generators. Tethered balloons are called aerostats.
Aerostat

Was gonna post a lengthy replay, but I'll start a new thread. Since I hijacked this one.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
It appears that one of the Google Loon balloons has gone rogue and wandered into Canada.

Link to track Google Loon project on flightradar24

Here is a screenshot.
Google Loon in Canada

It hasn't crashed yet, but if the altitude is correct on the mode-s receiver, it is an aviation hazard.

edit on 9-5-2014 by gariac because: added screen capture

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Geez, wish it weren't cloudy, that's right over our head here in dinosaur country. Wonder how far it will get.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluetwo
Geez, wish it weren't cloudy, that's right over our head here in dinosaur country. Wonder how far it will get.

You want to make the news? Track it on a cellphone and when it hits the ground, grab it. (Well a cellphone with flash.) Or get their app.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluetwo

You want to make the news? Track it on a cellphone and when it hits the ground, grab it. (Well a cellphone with flash.) Or get their app.

Holy crap, that's headed towards me!
(Well, 358 miles SE of me)
Looks like it is drifting SE.

edit on 9-5-2014 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
All three Loons seem to be at a low altitude. Maybe this is a bug in the flightradar24 system.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join