It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My brain + Your Body = Dumb Math + Dumber Subject

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
So, I was thinking the other day, about what would happen if we transplanted my brain into somebody else's body. Would that person be me? Or would that person still be the same person they were before? Or would they be a different person altogether? (please let's try not to get into the issue of whether it can or cannot be done at the current time.) It seems to me that...well, it's hard for me to picture waking up one day and I'm in a different body, but that's seems more plausible than that the person stays the same as if it were a normal organ transplant. If you are what your brain retains, then that may be a potential way to live forever, if you just kept retransplanting your brain in newer, younger bodies, correct?

[edit on 27-11-2004 by an3rkist]

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
You would be dead. Medical science simply does not allow the transpher of the brain at this time.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
an3rkist,
No dis', but how do you propose medico's connect the spinal cord?

Sanc'.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Okay, I guess I worded it all wrong because so far the only two replies did exactly what I requested nobody does.
I guess what I want to know is if people think who we are is stored in our brains to the extent that IF, in the HYOPTHETICAL, THEORETICAL, AND PROBABLY COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE situation where one did a brain transplant, would the person BE the person they were in their original form, or would they be the person who was...that originally had the brain?

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I think they'd be confused. Personally, I'd like to see an uber homophobe havehis brain put into a woman's body. First off, so that men could understand what we go through (hell yeah!) and then see whether this uber homophobe would turn gay in his body and straight in his mind (be with women) or gay in his mind and straight in his body (be with men).

It's kind of like the experiment where you put equal quantities of food in between a dog at equal distances, does it choose or starve to death

new topics

top topics

join