It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Official. GMO is Banned.....in Russia.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I guess the rest of us will still have to keep on fighting....

If the Americans like to eat GMO products, let them eat it then. We don’t need to do that; we have enough space and opportunities to produce organic food - PM Medvedev

Link

the turnover of GMO seeds amounted to about $50 billion. The main holder of the right was the United States

Link

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
[sarcasm]
oh yeah, well guess what buddy
GMO warning labels are banned in the US
it called democracy - we voted to be poisoned to death
see thats the difference between the us and russia
in the us you have a choice...
and thats why the us is better
[/sarcasm off]

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Putin must be driving the $$ people in the US nuts .You have to hand it to him , he makes some very smart moves both for his people and his country .Heck he is even making good moves in Ukraine just by doing nothing .Got to love it . :>)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Danbones
[sarcasm]
oh yeah, well guess what buddy
GMO warning labels are banned in the US
it called democracy - we voted to be poisoned to death
see thats the difference between the us and russia
in the us you have a choice...
and thats why the us is better
[/sarcasm off]

True, but I think the only ones who voted for it are the ones that profit from it ,you know we never get a say in anything that actually benefits us in any way.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Kurius

That's great news!
Congratulations Russia on a wise decision - lets hope the rest of the world follows suit soon!

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Probably has little to do with health and more with cutting off revenue for US/NATO corporations. It would be amazing if the rest of the world followed in banning these horrible experiments, but that won’t happen unless they’re an uprising. Far too much corruption around in the West. If the BioTech companies don’t want their own stuff labelled and spend millions upon millions to defeat the bill, shouldn’t the people take it as a hint that GMO is toxic?

The US’ sanctions on Russia are laughable. This is Putin’s way of imposing sanctions on the West.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by JHumm

yeah, sad but true - I left out the vote machine hacking chimpanzes because i didn't want to complicate my post.
many readers are on antidepressants and I didn't want to make it a difficult read

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Kurius

Would I be wrong if I said the U.S. needs a thorough cleansing?
Even the rest of the world can see it. Not only that but they take precautions themselves to not fall victim to what's being pushed on U.S. citizens like that country down in South America (can't think of which one right now) that has banned the McDonalds chain. Time for us to get with the program and topple this debilitating structure that's crippling us more and more as each day passes.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Good for the World that Russia is standing up to the US oligarchs. I think that people all over the world are waking up too.

GMO

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by kloejen

Many nations in the world are forced to follow the US GMO lead fearing economic retaliation from the biggest bully in the universe. Russia isn't one that can be intimidated easily. It has been suspending some GMO imports since 2012, i think.
Unless America bans GMO, I don't see a flood of other nations following suit. The head of the snake needs to be cut off (Sorry, snakes...just a figure of speech).

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Here we go again down with the GMO's! *raises pitch fork*

On ATS the motto is 'deny ignorance' yes?

Well i hate to say it but it seems to me the majority of members on ATS are damn right ignorant when it comes to GMO's.

We live in a forever changing environment and without drastically changing our agriculture systems real soon, millions more are looking at starvation. For the record i study Biology a subject of which is Biotechnology.

The main research is involved in drought and pest resistant crops, two major issues the world faces.

It seems as though everyone has their focus on EVIL MONSANTO instead of the real benefits GM crops can bring. Yes, there has been 10's of failed projects, yes there is big money to be made by sometimes greedy people but don't tell me the 1000's of good people working on GM around the world are only in it for the (often very little) money.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MongusePro

As I have highlighted in the past, most are not comfortable with having a handful of corporations dictating the food that we consume especially when those corporations also have control over the very institution that is suppose to watch over food safety. Thank you very much for highlighting our "ignorance". Such arrogance...shhheeeesh.

edit on 16-4-2014 by Kurius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Even if GMO's are safe which I think they are not, I am still against Monsanto and their policies that would create a monopoly on the food supply. People are losing faith in corporations because all the corruption and greed that we see happen when people have too much power and influence.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Agreed and agreed, However

This is the way of the world today. Corps control every last detail of your day to day life, unless you live in the woods with a log stove (ahhh the dream,)

and yes ignorant! people need to be reminded of that sometimes.

I'm all for going down another path but how do you suggest we even begin let alone get there? Science and technology have been hijacked.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

alomaha
Good for the World that Russia is standing up to the US oligarchs. I think that people all over the world are waking up too.
GMO

People in Europe are sick and tired over what the USA is doing in the Ukraine but you won't find any politician who will stand up and say so because they are all being bribed, threatned or blackamailed.

We don't want GMO, We don't want Fracking and we don't want war with Russia and it is time we closed all the US military bases over here and see if they dare shoot us when we do.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
GMO is in everything in order to get "banned".

Banning GMO means, countless day to day product getting pulled off the shelves.

There is no GMO product, everything has a bit of GMO in it.

If the product is processed/manufactured, it means highly likly GMO is involved.

Getting rid of the GMO is impossible unless someone plan to start a revolution.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Those crazy Russians did it again! Even though it's pretty obvious why they choose to do it now, it's a still huge victory for everyone who fights to stop GMO( ordinary people ) .

Let's hope other governments will follow.
edit on 16-4-2014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
So when should we expect a terrorist attack in Russia? Tomorrow, the next day??

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

luciddream
GMO is in everything in order to get "banned".

Banning GMO means, countless day to day product getting pulled off the shelves.

There is no GMO product, everything has a bit of GMO in it.

If the product is processed/manufactured, it means highly likly GMO is involved.

Yeap. Russia practically banning the entire food imports from the US. But as Putin noted, they "cannot 100 percent say what a volume enters [the] market."

In a way the ban helps their local food manufacturers and if US food manufacturers hope to get a slice of the market there, they will have to lobby their own government to promote more non-GMO's ingredients (or face the burden of importing them) or insist in the government conducting an intensive independent, public-funded long-term study on the GMO impacts. In a way, Russia is helping the rest of us. Let's hope China and India get on board soon.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Never mind all the other problems that GMO can give birth to, lets just use our short sighted vision goggles and endorse it with a smile and an erection!!!

Have you ever worked in a restaurant? Do you know how much food is wasted? Do you know how many humans die of over eating? Do you know what pesticides and herbicides do to the soil and other members of the ecosystem that cannot be patented or replaced?

They want to replace the honey bee with a robot. Do you want to live in a world where robots are replacing insects because GMO is convenient?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join