It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Torture and Suffering.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Let us gather here and reflect on the suffering and torment that people have gone through. Jesus is a famous one. We could pause and mediate on his suffering. But we must not diminish the sufferings of others. Maybe you could describe your favourite torture method here. I heard this one yesterday.

They put you in a pot of oil and heat it up. Then when you start screaming enough they cool it down then they heat it up again.

Jesus Christ had was whipped and beaten then had to carry his cross for a while. Then his hands and feet were nailed to the cross where you slowly suffocate, a spear was jabbed into his side. But this is just in text. What does this really mean. Such great suffering. What does it accomplish. What does other people suffering accomplish. What do you believe.

Maybe you could tell the story of others who have suffered immense amounts. I don't really know others who have suffered other than Jesus. I hear about the masses but individual cases I can't seem to recall in terms of great suffering. I've never been taught names of great sufferers or heard their stories.

Are you ready to suffer yourself? I was hoping the world would learn from suffering and move away from it. But in the worlds naivety and lack of knowledge people are still subjugated to suffering and torture. If you are hurting people then you run a great risk of getting hurt yourself.

Revelation 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

That's the bibles view on what's going to happen. What do you believe? Will someones suffering work for good? I can't see suffering working for good as long as you are a prisoner then death is the only escape.

Death is the easy way out. It's much harder to continue on in life with suffering than it is to just give up and die. Most people see death as an escape from their current problems and pain.

Torture is probably more advanced today than it has ever been. Everything goes out the window once you start suffering. Nothing that you had before seems to work but you will try and maybe hover round.

What thoughts do you have on people that have suffered ever so much? What can you say? Reflect here on what people during the ages have suffered. What have they achieved.

Jesus is probably the most famous sufferer. He bought the Church with his suffering. What have others bought with there suffering. Is there like a secret initiate with sufferers.

What does it take to share in the sufferings of Christ and therefore share in his glory. Or is this just a myth.

Basically what are your thoughts, preparations and mediations any opinion or tributes onfor suffering?

Leeda

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Good grief, with my depression and anxiety, the last thing I want to focus on is torture and suffering. I don't see any good from it.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I don't feel for those in the spotlight. I don't feel for prophets or messiahs. I feel for the faceless in the crowd. The numerous untold horrors in the crowd outweigh a single persons experience.

There's always someone worse off.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by leeda

LOTS of people have been tortured, suffered, and died throughout history.

Some eras were worse, others better, but people can be really inhuman to each other.

Heck, we even have torture schools, some teach you to be tortured, others to do the torturing part. It's a government specialty.

Torture sucks. Me, I can't watch it. It doesn't bother other people. I understand both sides. But I can't watch it, myself. I don't hold to the theory you never get information that way. You do. It's noisy, and there's lots of bad data. But it's useful if you have other info to weigh it against. And, of course, there's lots of ways to torment people. It's not just soldering irons up the ass. You can cut people loose from their community really easily. That's torture, too, in its own way, and that works a lot of times better than breaking toes or faux shoving people out of helicopters.

edit on 16-4-2014 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
leeda,

At Mass last Sunday, traditionally, the Passion is read on Palm Sunday. The first reading was from Isaiah. I noticed one verse, oh My Dear Lord, it confirms prophecy or should I say prophecy confirms the written Word. The words in Isaiah prefigure some Our Lord's suffering, His torture during the Passion.

Look at this....

Isaiah 50:6
I have given my body to the strikers, and my cheeks to them that plucked them: I have not turned away my face from them that rebuked me, and spit upon me.

Our Lord reveals in prophecy (private revelation) more explicitly fifteen of the tortures He went through. In a message given a holy sister, Sister Mary Magdalen:

# 12. For shame and affliction, they drove needles into the holes of My uprooted beard. They tied my hands behind My back and led Me walking out of prison with strikes and blows.

www.thesacredheart.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by leeda

was was a thread about this posted a few days ago ...odd ,why all the recent fascination with Torture? ....not a good sign

top topics

join