It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help about creating Apps

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Okay, so I have this very revolutionary idea that I am certain will change the way cell phones are used. I have this idea, but I do NOT know what steps to take, who to talk to. I just wanted to get some advice from my comrades here on ATS. I will not reveal anything about the nature of the App, but as I said before, I am very very certain its application will be limitless.
edit on 15-4-2014 by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS

There are a lot of sites that can help you build an app with no coding knowledge such as App Architect.

You will need to be sure you understand the conditions that Apple and Google will let you build an app, In general, you can't build an app that duplicates a feature, or will duplicate an upcoming feature. You should also know that when future iterations of iOS and Android appear, they simply adopt features created by 3rd party apps.

Good luck.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Toromos

Thank you so much for the rapid feedback. I really appreciate it.
I'd really like to have a conversation with someone from like Google. I know i'm kinda reaching, but I know the impact this could have on people. Plus i'm broke lol.
edit on 15-4-2014 by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS because: addition

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS

Just be careful who you share this idea with, people can be snakes. I too have a list of apps I want to create and was thinking about posting an add to partner with whoever can help me build them. Like you I have no idea how to go about it. I am going to check out the build your own apps things but the downfall is they are limited and require original artwork amd stuff to stand out.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Learn C#, buy Xamarin, do all the Apple and Android apps you want.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Best thing to do honestly is to learn a programming language (though it will take some time). I am currently learning Java in order to get into app development for Androids (ava is mainly for Android Apps).

If you really are interested in learning a programming language and app development, check out thenewboston.org as a quick starter. After that, use all the resources around the web to build your knowledge.

Androids are also very flexible and open source.

edit on 16-4-2014 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Kuroodo
Best thing to do honestly is to learn a programming language (though it will take some time). I am currently learning Java in order to get into app development for Androids (ava is mainly for Android Apps).

If you really are interested in learning a programming language and app development, check out thenewboston.org as a quick starter. After that, use all the resources around the web to build your knowledge.

I agree about thenewboston.org, great reference. Xamarin kicks ass, though. I wasn't being sarcastic. You can do a LOT with it, I haven't yet found a bug (can't say the same about VS) and not only can you write an app really fast in C#, you can port it to Android, Mac, the IPhone and iPad with few mods, it's fairly straightforward to port it to Visual Studio.

With Xamarin in hand, you have a pretty clear path to using 3D Unity for game writing, which also kicks ass.

(yes, we write games in our spare time...won't say which. Even MIC guys have weird hobbies...)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Never really heard of Xamarin. Checking it out right now

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Kuroodo
reply to post by Bedlam

Never really heard of Xamarin. Checking it out right now

Xamarin's like visual studio for phones and pads. You can even do really sweet stuff like debugging your app in real time over the USB link. Not just a simulator, although they do that as well. You can actually run the app on the phone and set checkpoints and the like on the development system.

top topics

join