It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The USA is the Only Country on Earth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Yep some of those are old but not all of them and there is more of not so old stupid laws. The problem with justice system seems to be that any judge can "write " a new law as a result of court verdict. Whatever citizen of USA does might turn to be illegal. 25% of world´s prisoners are in USA when USA has 5% of the world´s population. The system punishes poor and economically disadvantaged people for example when a parent is unemployed and unable to pay child support he/she might get jail time for that. Many people suffers of arbitrary of state/goverment and justice system..

Prisoners are cheap labour. But does it really save US from economical meltdown ( cheap domestic labour ) when people are repressed economically and mentally ?

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

SLAYER69

Meanwhile, those who are born here that self hate and glamorize everywhere else are free to leave.

not quite so 'free to leave'. the countries I wish to move to will not accept Americans. They all freely shower people from Africa with every benefit possible. But Americans can not near as easily go there.

In no order, New Zealand, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Denmark, Belgium, Netherlands, Finland, England, Ireland, Scotland, etc.

They must have some kind of deals with America to not make it easy for the people to become citizens there.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
A great, just what we needed another E-penis contest. Honestly I understand what OP is trying to explain but these threads always end up the same.

Work from your own backyard, fix your problems first, don't try to persuade people that your problems are their problems.

edit on thAmerica/Chicago416000000k2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

MrSpad
Ah yes another we the USA is no longer free as it was threads. You know back in the good old days when you could own slaves, you put Japanese people in camps, you could be put in jail under sedition laws for taking bad about the government, you could have a town bad you from bringing in your gun, you could only vote if you were a white male who owned land, you could be jailed and harassed for just knowing a communist, you could beat your wife and it was ok. Of those were some good free times alright. I swear it is like nobody has any clue about American History anymore.

No the USA is not some 3rd world opressive hell hole.

But it pisses the rest of the civilized world off when the USA acts likes its the only first world free country when it neither leads the world on freedom or standard of living.

Rankings:
Economic Freedom: 1) HongKong USA: 12
Freedom of press: 1)Finland USA 32
Overall Freedom: 1) New Zealand USA:7
Healthcare: 1) Hong Kong USA:46
Education: 1) Finland USA:17
standard of living 1) Norway USA:3

Ok so what does the USA lead at?
Military spending
Debt
Incarceration rates

Ok the USA is not the worst place in the world to live, infact it dam lot better than most. But calling itself the "land of the free" or the best place in the world to live in, is certainly up for debate.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Normally I would avoid these kinds of threads like the plague.. Nothing good ever seems to come from them.

I would call where I live inside the US the land of the free... but it's just a small forgotten corner of the country (thankfully) that no one pays attention to (thankfully) or gives a second thought about (thankfully again)..

I dare say that I have a level of freedom here that almost no American (Sadly) has ever experienced...

That said....The USA is not the greatest country on earth... far from it... but it has its moments...
edit on 16-4-2014 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

DaMod

That said....The USA is not the greatest country on earth... far from it... but it has its moments...
edit on 16-4-2014 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

I agree, like most developed country's it has it up points.

Guess its down to individual tastes more than anything.

What I like about the USA:
Cheap food
Lots of empty space
Lots of interesting land scapes
Lots of variation.
edit on 16-4-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I weigh this country, nation, corporation, enterprize what have you?
On one main scale above all others. The weight of those who made
the ultimate sacrifice in the past, to secure freedom. I feel they must
always be remembered in any attempt to reconsider those liberties in
the present. That their sacrifices may never end up being in vain.
And presently, I wonder if their not all rolling over in their graves.
edit on Rpm41614v522014u40 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join