It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incorrect Information - Reported as Ukrainian Helicopter Shot Down (Actually happened in Syria)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
This was misidentified after an English translation of a Russian YT post claimed that this was a Ukrainian helicopter was shot down.

Please refer to CE's thread that has more reliable information. Click Here

Original OP Below:

ETA: As pointed out below, this was from a Syrian incursion. So much disinformation it's hard to sift through.

Special thanks to TheOneElectric for the additional information.

www.theguardian.com...

ETA: I'm trying to verify that this occured today and that it wasn't just uploaded today.

Translated from Russian to English:

Pro-Russian activists stormed shooting military airfield in Kramatorsk .

Ukrainian Air Force helicopter wanted to land at the airport , but his shot at the unknown .

Also from the military unit , which is adjacent to the airfield , reported that the assault began adminzdaniya . Over the place of the accident aircraft circling , but who are they - is unknown.
However, as reported by the Ukrainian Ministry of Defense , the Armed Forces of Ukraine carried out a special operation in Kramatorsk under the anti-terrorist operation .

" At this time, a special operation in Kramatorsk ," - said the press service of the Defense Ministry, commenting on local media and witnesses of the presence of military equipment and the sound of the shots in this city.
Other comments press service of Defense Ministry does not.

edit on 4/15/2014 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

ETA: This was from April 7th. Dealing with international news sources trying to obtain info.

Russian soldier kills Ukrainian naval officer in Crimea, Ukraine’s defence ministry says

Source

I think it's far to say that this has now escalated to a point of war.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
www.theguardian.com...

I don't think so.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Damn, it almost looked like the folks who filmed that video were actively shooting at the wreckage. This is about to get a whole lot hotter. Civil War is now inevitable.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Wow. Bull# video. Love how they edited the guy screaming 'Allah Akbar' right out. Seems like this is indeed video from Syria.

Looks like more western propaganda....sigh we are worse than the damned Russians.
edit on 15-4-2014 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
let's bear in mind that there is going to be propaganda from each side, photos and video may be altered...I support Ukraine's independence, but verifying news from both sides should be deliberate and fact based

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
ok
im confused
thread titled with ukraine, and helicopter smack titled down with syria?

if syria:
then i would suspect benghazi stinger fired by US paid Al CIAduH
or us or israeli or turkish ( Nato, and its master ) special forces who have infiltrated the local landscape to do terror

if ukraine
same except scratch turkey
edit on Tueam4b20144America/Chicago37 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

I'm confused too, DB. The YT video states that it happened today in Ukraine. As pointed out after the fact, it was indeed from Syria. I've updated the OP to include this.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

That video is months old and from Syria.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
There was fighting at an airport, or at least a landing of two Ukraine army helicopters near Slavyansk. No reports of a shooting down though.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
very repetive individual.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

freakjive
reply to post by Danbones

I'm confused too, DB. The YT video states that it happened today in Ukraine. As pointed out after the fact, it was indeed from Syria. I've updated the OP to include this.

It's not too late to change the thread title? It's obviously quite confusing, best not to go accusing nations of acts of war just yet.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Has anyone reported this yet?

Not sure if it's true though...

Unidentified Fighter Jets Open Fire On Kramatorsk Airfield, Casualties Reported

Things in east Ukraine have spiraled out of control. Moments ago Itar Tass reported that there has been a shoot out at the separatists-controlled airport in the city of Kramatorsk where according to on the ground witnesses, four Su-27 fighter jets have allegedly opened fire at the local airfield. It is unclear who the unidentified warplanes belong to although Itar Tass notes that one of the jets was allegedly taken down, so there should be confirmation shortly. Eyewitnesses also add that there are victims and an ambulance has been sent to the scene.

Itar-Tass also adds that according to the newspaper "News Kramatorsk" three helicopters were circling over Kramatorsk.

Elsewhere, RIA adds that Ukraine troops have now successfully regained control of the same airport.

Here is a photo of one of the fighters seen circling above Kramatorsk.

www.zerohedge.com...

A major escalation IMO if true...

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I hope the Ukranian people understand that if this escalates to war, the war will be fought in the Ukraine. I wouldn't back the new government, it seems to be a setup by the powers at hand. This war would be a lot worse on the Ukranian people than the ones supplying the weapons to them. I suppose it is an attempt to stabalize the western societies and create jobs building war machines. Trouble is that automation will make human jobs not plentiful, it will just make technology companies rich.

new topics

top topics

join