It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Kiev launches Military Action in Eastern Ukraine

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   
rt.com...

It is on. I am going to go find other sources. But I wanted to give you all a heads up.
edit on 15-4-2014 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

Here is some more: Link

Turchynov: Anti-terrorist operation has begun in northern Donetsk (LIVE UPDATES)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

I am searching. I can't find anything else but the breaking headline on RT. I have checked Itar tas and other Russian news sources. If anyone can help that would be great. I am going back to look again.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   

In my opinion, this is what Russia has been waiting for. One can assume they've been rocking the boat in Ukraine. That's doesn't go without saying the US/EU didn't have their part in this to begin with. I guess we'll see what happens next..
edit on 15-4-2014 by kx12x because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   
So far, the latest I have is this from AlJazeera -

Two pro-Russian politicians have been attacked by pro-Ukrainian activists in the capital Kiev as tensions grow over unrest in eastern parts of Ukraine, where pro-Russian gunmen have seized government buildings in nearly 10 cities.

Oleh Tsaryov, a pro-Russian lawmaker and a candidate in the May 25 presidential elections, was beaten by dozens of enraged activists in the early hours of Tuesday as he was leaving a television studio.

The activists pelted him with eggs, shouted insults and then assaulted him. Tsaryov's press service said in a statement that he was "brutally beaten". Another Russian-leaning politician and presidential hopeful, Mikhaylo Dobkin, was sprayed with a green disinfectant and had flour thrown at him late Monday. Moscow accused Kiev authorities of condoning such activism. [AP

AlJazeera

Even Twitter is pretty quiet tonight/this morning.
edit on 15-4-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by kx12x

Yes, thanks. But I can't find anything anywhere else.

This is pretty scary. Russia WILL retaliate if blood is spilled.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   

This is from 8 hours ago .www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

That is a little old. This just broke 10 minutes or so ago. But thank you for that. According to RT, Kiev has begun military action.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Kudos to "AnIntellectualRedneck" in the main thread for getting this first -

Turchynov: Anti-terrorist operation has begun in northern Donetsk (Live Updates)

11:23 a.m. -- Interim President Oleksandr Turchynov has announced that Ukrainian special forces had launched an anti-terrorist operation in the northern part of Donetsk oblast before dawn on April 15.

"Tonight an anti-terrorist operation began in the north of Donetsk oblast. It will be conducted step-by-step, responsibly, deliberately. The goal of these actions, I want to underline, is to defend the citizens of Ukraine," said Turchynov, speaking before the Verkhovna Rada.

Edit - There is some confusion because it was posted not 10 min ago but the wording "tonight" is used, although it occurred "before dawn".. It's 11:30am there.

Further info that came earlier -

11 a.m. -- On April 14, Danylo Lubkivsky, the Deputy Foreign Minister of Ukraine, said that Russian President Vladimir Putin’s clandestine operation in eastern Ukraine is directed by the FSB (the successor to the KGB) and military intelligence units in concert with a well-prepared network of trained agents in Ukraine.

Lubkivsky said that the operations in Ukraine have moved into a paramilitary stage. Russia’s plan of action mirrors how it took over Crimea, he added.

First, they recruit and arm professional military, second, they deploy them on Ukrainian territory, third, they hire local radicals to pose as “pro-Russian forces”, fourth, they try to make it look like a turmoil coming from beneath,” he noted.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

That link seems to be what is being reported by the present regime's side .The side that used both violence and smashed in windows and took over buildings is now saying that that should not be done or is acceptable .I also see he threw in some hints that they have some advanced US weapons .....peace

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   
That's interesting, the "Kyiv Post" website is down now. "502 Bad Gateway".

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Ukraine's coup-appointed acting President Aleksander Turchynov has announced that an "anti-terrorist operation" was launched in the northern parts of the Donetsk region early on Tuesday morning, Interfax reports.

"An anti-terrorist operation was launched in the north of the Donetsk region early this morning. It will be conducted in a stage-by-stage, balanced and responsible manner. I would like to emphasize once again that the goal of these measures is to protect the citizens of Ukraine," he said in the Verkhovna Rada on Tuesday."

link

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I found another paper that seems to be updating although you need to run it through Google translate: korrespondent.net... rror

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Is it just me, and my old crappy pc, Rt seems to be down.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Wookiep
That's interesting, the "Kyiv Post" website is down now. "502 Bad Gateway".

It appears that the EuroMaidan twitter feed has picked this up as well:

Euromaidan PR‏@EuromaidanPR·7 mins
@KyivPost Under another cyber attack? Ur site is down www.kyivpost.com... |PR News #RussiaInvadesUkraine

EuroMaidan Twitter Feed

It seems as if the Kyiv Post twitter feed is not updating either. As of 5:15AM EST, the last twitter update for Kyiv Post was 44 minutes ago.

Kyiv Post Twitter Feed

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
CNN article

Apparently, the news is starting to hit the MSM here in the States, and it seems to be saying the same thing over and over, confirming what has been said here.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Whatta ya call post twitter?........Twatter?

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to

edit on 15-4-2014 by Blowback because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   
This link seems to be updating korrespondent.net...< br />
This is the live update at RT rt.com...
edit on 15-4-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

April 15

12:25 After the meeting with the delegation of the British Parliament presidential candidate Petro Poroshenko, commenting on the situation in the South-East of the country, said that "the streets of cities and towns should be immediately released from the terrorists."

from RT update 10:08 GMT:
At least 200 anti-government protesters have attempted to enter the Ukrainian parliament, the Verkhovna Rada, to demand the resignation of Interior Minister Arsen Avakov.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   

12:20 Acting President of Ukraine, Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada Oleksandr Turchynov said that civilians will not be issued weapons.

"When we open access to weapons free, it means that free access and receive the separatists, and it means that we push Ukraine into the abyss of civil war", - he said.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
So all the people in the east of the Ukraine are now terrorists and I am sure the people protecting the Bundy family are also terrorists !

With the USA provoking trouble with it's ships in the black sea and now Kiev is trying to kill people in the east who want nothing more than a vote on who runs the country that the bankers running the USA are looking for a fight with Russia.

Get the USA out of Europe before they get us all killed I thinks

<<   2  3  4 >>

join