It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Kiev launches Military Action in Eastern Ukraine

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
So anti terrorist operations run by terrorist. Is everyone in the Ukraine a terrorist now? And seeing how America has it's little "war on terrorism" are we just waiting for the strongest terrorist group to take control before we invade?

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

He Rocker ,this is ATS and we can speculate all we want .We know for a fact that the USA invaded Iraq and is supplying advanced weapons to the rebels in Syria ....We know that before Crimea held a referendum that Washington picked it's Nazi puppet in Kiev .There is evidence to suggest that the snipers in Midan were on the fascist side acting as agent provocateurs just like what happened in Homs in Syria ..... I am for the people of Ukraine and if they want to join Russia then let them vote on it . It sounds like the democratic thing to do ....

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

buster2010
So anti terrorist operations run by terrorist. Is everyone in the Ukraine a terrorist now? And seeing how America has it's little "war on terrorism" are we just waiting for the strongest terrorist group to take control before we invade?

Although Terra is Terrific, I am a little Terrified by the Ukrainian 'Territorial Tear Up'.
I don't really support 'Terrain Gain Games' as it's Insane and a Shame...

Dang it...I was suppose to avoid rhyming...
Oh well.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Wookiep

Oleh Tsaryov, a pro-Russian lawmaker and a candidate in the May 25 presidential elections, was beaten by dozens of enraged activists in the early hours of Tuesday as he was leaving a television studio.

The activists pelted him with eggs, shouted insults and then assaulted him. Tsaryov's press service said in a statement that he was "brutally beaten". Another Russian-leaning politician and presidential hopeful, Mikhaylo Dobkin, was sprayed with a green disinfectant and had flour thrown at him late Monday. Moscow accused Kiev authorities of condoning such activism.

edit on 15-4-2014 by Blowback because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Just watching this one RT www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Su-27 Fighter Jet Above Kramatorsk Caught On Tape!

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

That looks like an F-16.
Does the russian military have those?

Edit: My bad, they look remarkably similar though
edit on 15/4/14 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Up to 11 people killed in Kramatorsk airfield battle - Rossiya 24

MOSCOW. April 15 (Interfax) - Between four and eleven people have been killed in a battle at the airport in Kramatorsk, a correspondent for the Rossiya 24 television channel said.

"Indeed, there are fatalities. Efforts are under way to clarify their number, which is between four and eleven people," the correspondent reported live on Tuesday.

As a result of clashes the Ukrainian troops opened fire against self-defense fighters who tried to stop paratroopers from landing at the airfield in Kramatorsk, he said.

source

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Yak-130 flights grounded pending results of Astrakhan crash inquiry - source

MOSCOW. April 15 (Interfax-AVN) - Flights of the Yakovlev Yak-130 trainer aircraft have been suspended pending an inquiry into a crash that occurred in the Astrakhan region on Tuesday, a source familiar with the situation told Interfax-AVN.

"Following the decision by Air Force commanders, flights of this type of aircraft have been suspended until the discovery of the causes of the Yak-130 crash that occurred today near Akhtubinsk in the Astrakhan region," the source said.

One pilot was killed, the other's life is not in danger, the Russian Defense Ministry spokesman Maj. Gen. Igor Konashenkov told Interfax earlier.

reply to post by AzureSky

source

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Far too few killed for Russia to jump in but if you can make it 50 or more then Russia will step in and deal with the terrorists that took control at the point of a gun and are now using them guns to kill anyone that won't march with the right wing.

Where is the UN when you need a buffer zone between the two sides

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

VirusGuard
Far too few killed for Russia to jump in but if you can make it 50 or more then Russia will step in and deal with the terrorists that took control at the point of a gun and are now using them guns to kill anyone that won't march with the right wing.

Where is the UN when you need a buffer zone between the two sides

the UN can't do anything without Russia agreeing to it.....where are the European Nations, this is in their own backyard?...

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Heh,.interesting how this all starts to unfold right after the CIA chief decides to visit Ukraine...

I wonder if he Offered U.S aid ....?

Just saying....
edit on 007121230407412th by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

LightningStrikesHere
Heh,.interesting how this all starts to unfold right after the CIA chief decides to visit Ukraine...

Just saying....

That couldn't possibly have anything to do with this.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by VirusGuard

I just read the most interesting article at Global Research. I thought I would use it to reply to your post.

The Obama Game: Is Putin Being Lured Into a Trap?

Snip>Wolfowitz figured the moment would come when the US would have to square off with Moscow in order to pursue it’s imperial strategy in Asia. Putin doesn’t seem to grasp that yet. He still clings to the misguided notion that rational people will find rational solutions to end the crisis. But he’s mistaken. Washington does not want a peaceful solution. Washington wants a confrontation. Washington wants to draw Moscow into a long-term conflict in Ukraine that will recreate Afghanistan in the 1990s. That’s the goal, to lure Putin into a military quagmire that will discredit him in the eyes of the world, isolate Russia from its allies, put strains on new alliances, undermine the Russian economy, pit Russian troops against US-backed armed mercenaries and Special Ops, destroy Russian relations with business partners in the EU, and create a justification for NATO intervention followed by the deployment of nuclear weapons on Ukrainian territory. That’s the gameplan. Why doesn’t Putin see that?

Putin has agreed to a meeting this week with foreign Ministers from The United States, the European Union, and Ukraine. This is another mistake. Originally, Putin refused to acknowledge the coup-government as legitimate. Now he’s changed his mind. Now he’s agreed to meet with their representatives. This is a victory for Washington and a defeat for Russia. The Obama team will see this as a sign of weakness, which it is.
According to Al Jazeera: “The meeting will involve US Secretary of State John Kerry, EU foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Andriy Deshchytsia, the EU said on Tuesday. A spokesman for Ashton said the talks were aimed at “de-escalating” the crisis in Ukraine.”

The meeting has nothing to do with “de-escalating” the crisis.” It’s a public relations stunt. These talks have all the credibility of the Israel-Palestine peace talks, which is to say, none at all.

There’s no sense talking to people who don’t want peace. It just makes them look like they are being sincere, when they’re not. Obama and Co. don’t want peace. They want regime change. They want to weaken and dismember Russia. They want to reduce Moscow’s influence over energy-dependent states in Europe by disrupting the flow of gas through Ukraine. And they want to create a justification for carrying out their imperial agenda, which means they need to make Putin look like a dangerous aggressor. The coup government’s crackdown on ethnic Russians in Donetsk and Kharkiv could lead to a Russian intervention which would provide the justification that Washington is looking for. However painful it is for Putin to watch Russian speaking Ukrainians get beaten and perhaps killed by Nazi thugs and foreign mercenaries dressed up as Ukrainian Security Forces, he should avoid sending in the troops. It’s a trap.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

It doesn't look like a win for anyone in the region .Somehow I think that Putin is a bit smarter then the article might suggest or at least he may have a move he can make .Remember the Crimea move ..One thing that is certain about the situation is that no one is going to convince me that the US is not causing the trouble .Time will tell I guess we will have to wait and see how it goes down ...

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I was reading a report from the Royal Institute of International Affairs today. They posit that the reason this is happening is due to a belief in Moscow on the lack of political will of NATO to defend Europe, due to recent and continuing defense cuts. regardless of any clause 5. Now I know Ukraine is not a NATO member, however the Baltic states are EU members, and the EU has something similar. which includes NATO member states.

Now Obama the other week said at a press conference that other NATO members needed to do more of their share in defence spending. Coupled with the financial problems, this could be an orchestrated move to motivate lagging states to jump start their economies through increased defense spending in reaction to a 'resurgent' Russia, with renewed imperial ambitions. Ukraine today, Estonia, and Lativia Tomorrow, Poland East Germany, Czech Republic / Slovakia etc. And while that situation may seem far fetched. it may go in part to explain why CNN, the mouthpiece of TPTB, has been running a series on Cold War history recently. Perhaps to refresh memories, and place new ideas in the minds of those were too young, to remember or who were not born yet. There always needs to be a bad guy!

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

buster2010
Is everyone in the Ukraine a terrorist now? A

Yeah well that was my prediction over a month ago...terrorists or maybe insurgents. It's the "way" now, but it's nonsense the uninformed will swallow over and over again as it chokes them.

Russia WILL retaliate? Erm...wow. This entire thread borders on the moronic on too many levels for me.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by VirusGuard

how quick we forget,,,

The United Nations Assistance Mission in Rwanda (UNAMIR)

In Rwanda in 1994, the United Nations had peacekeeping troops on the ground at the very place and time where genocidal acts were being committed. During the genocide, some of those peacekeepers lost their lives trying to defend the victims. But instead of reinforcing the troops, the United Nations withdrew them, a decision made by Member States in the Security Council.

Completely ruined this good man.

Interview with Lt. Gen. Roméo Dallaire, commander of the UN peacekeeping force in Rwanda in 1994

Would u trust this guy?

Herman Van Rompuy
Former Prime Minister of Belgium
Herman Achille Van Rompuy is the first full-time President of the European Council, which is the institution of the European Union comprising the heads of state or government of the EU member states.

Herman Van Rompuy on human rights

the U.N ,,,helping a situation,,, don't make me cry.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

It is neither an Su-27 or F-16. It's a MiG-29. And no, none of them look alike other than the fact that they all have wings, tails, pilots and engines. Bone up on your aircraft ID!

Side note:

I highly doubt the US is prepared to give Ukraine F-16's. Mind you Poland has been flying them for a while now and Iraq will be getting the first delivery of their 100 plane order, this year. Croatia, Bulgaria and Romania are all planning future purchases of F-16 variants as well. So who knows...maybe Ukraine will be flying them sooner than we think. We can't have a war with different sides shooting down the same type of aircraft! That's just tacky!!!

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparkymedic

Rather than tacky, I would say it is conducive with historical precedent. it has been known for a long time there is profit to be made from funding / arming both sides of a conflict!. it's a win-win. You know, apart from the people that get blown up by them, but that's OK, we made "a killing" in Q3, break out the Dom!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join