It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reoccurring dream of endless teeth shattering out of my mouth

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Also, a lot of the time I dream I have this endless substance that's like super glue or wax that I'm constantly pulling out of my mouth so I don't suffocate.

They're some extremely unpleasant, yet interesting reoccurring dreams I have.

I started having these dreams a long time ago and when they first started it was super glue, I still remember, and this must have been about 17 years ago.

Only recently have these dreams started re-reoccurring. I had the tooth shattering one a few days ago and it sucked! It was like I couldn't stop biting down on my teeth even though I knew they were about to shatter, and I kept putting pressure down until they finally started shattering and falling out. (6.9 in Africa just now!) not fun.

The day after that I had a dream I was pulling an infinite amount of this beeswax like substance from my mouth, and if I didn't I would suffocate!

According to my research these dreams represent someone who doesn't always speak their mind, and all the Gunk and broken teeth represent all of the restricted emotions, and things you should have said and mabye shouldn't have said.

I'm just curious to see the ATS community opinion on this, no matter how brutal, matter of fact, and frank.

edit on 15-4-2014 by GoShredAK because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by GoShredAK

Represents the words you speak, and how they affect you and those around you.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

You might feel that you are suffocating in life.. or you aren't able to speak out about something.
I have the broken teeth falling out dream a lot. I think it symbolizes a feel of being out of control or things are falling apart.
I've read it may mean some kind of rebirth, but I don't think so with the dreams I have. They are always vivid and I wake up checking on my teeth and being glad they are still there.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

maybe a dumb ? but why are u jsut now bringing it to the table>?

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Been having a dream of teeth falling out since I was a child. My mom and grandma had the same dream too. What a weird coincidence that the op and others have similar dreams.

In my recurrent dreams it always starts as a loose tooth that upon wiggling, comes out. Then I notice they are all loose and they start dropping out only to be replaced by more and more rows of teeth that eject out as soon as they come in. Until I am choking on them and have to awaken myself in order to survive.

I assumed, in my case, it was because my dad was a dentist but maybe there is a more universal meaning. Can't wait to hear other stories.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   

igloo
Been having a dream of teeth falling out since I was a child. My mom and grandma had the same dream too. What a weird coincidence that the op and others have similar dreams.

In my recurrent dreams it always starts as a loose tooth that upon wiggling, comes out. Then I notice they are all loose and they start dropping out only to be replaced by more and more rows of teeth that eject out as soon as they come in. Until I am choking on them and have to awaken myself in order to survive.

I assumed, in my case, it was because my dad was a dentist but maybe there is a more universal meaning. Can't wait to hear other stories.

Hope u dont drink flouride water lol

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   

I have had this dream before as well ,it scares me because all the sources I have checked out out say that a loved one is trying to kill you.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Thank you everyone!

I find it very interesting that so many people have these similar dreams.

I'll have some more to add to the op tomorrow but I have to go to bed and my wife keeps smacking the iPad out of my hands because she wants to go on Facebook...

Goodnight ATS.
edit on 15-4-2014 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   

nonconformist

I have had this dream before as well ,it scares me because all the sources I have checked out out say that a loved one is trying to kill you.

Geez I hope not!

That's scary

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   

igloo

I have the exact same dreams to!

One tooth gets loose, hangs for a few seconds, and then falls and more follow the same path. Sometimes they just shatter inside my mouth

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
When she was younger, my sister-in-law used to have recurrent dreams about her teeth falling out, too. Several years later, she bought a bunch of dream interpretation books and said that her books said it signified a strong subconscious desire for kids. In her case, she's since split from my brother, and has a hell of a desire for kids she didn't fully realize over the years (they never had kids) I was unaware of any other explanations until this thread. As they say, you learn something new every day

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I had teeth falling out dreams when I was I kid. My mom said I was a tooth grinder when sleeping.
I think there may be a connection.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I have had that type of dream too.
My parents (shrinks) always told me that it signifies personal (inner) changes.

The teeth represent your current values and beliefs about reality that you have, and that you apply in order to form your perceptions and relations- the framework with which you break down your experiences.

We often have a sort of fearful apprehension about losing that framework, fear of chaos and lack of control, that arises as an expansion of mind approaches. Each expansion means the structure must fall and be rebuilt- new values and concepts will replace old. But losing the old ones is a troubling experience, which our subconscious expresses in dreams.
edit on 15-4-2014 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
During college I took some classes in Phycology and I recall hearing / reading that a dream like that points to one of two things it was either;
1. Lying or being untruthful
Or
2. Health related (EX. You'r smoking when you know you shouldn’t)

I’m going to do some research and see if I cant relocate what I’m trying remember

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I once read that dreaming about teeth falling out or shattering is one of those universal dreams - common across all cultures. It was in one of those graduate psychology books.

It's also been said (folklore) that the dream represents subconscious anxieties about ageing. Speculative no doubt, yet when I've had those dreams, they were during periods when there were certain upheavals that were due to growing up and growing older. Times like leaving school for college and leaving for university etc.

Since then, the 'teeth falling out' scenario has been replaced with cars going off the road or falling down steep hills into rivers. It's so recurring that the dream tells me I'm worried about something as I'm a guy and problems are 'for other people.' Phage mentions grinding teeth? Now and then I grind those teeth into a headache that lasts all morning lol.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   

edit on 4/15/2014 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
lol!!!!

heck, i've had them dreams when i was a kid too!!

crunch like a candy shell. all my teeth at once!

many times.

i looked it up because i had dreams of violent seas too.

turns out, my mother was my problem, after researching freud and jung.

i wouldn't worry about it.

btw, i only have 4 teeth left in my head! lol!!

good luck!

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
From what I recall, in the unconcsious, teeth are said to be the representation of power. They are, after all, your most primitive weapons.

Dreaming of your own shattered teeth may mean that your subconcious is expressing feelings of lack of control/power over your own existence.

Welcome to the club...

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
So, while we've learned that teeth-dreams are very common, the interpretation behind those dreams is very varied.

A couple months ago I had these dreams every day for a week--just a crumbly, bloody mess falling out of my mouth. I looked into it and read that the dreams warn of a future stressful decision in which your choice will be a compromise that causes difficulties in your life.

Last week I had a dream that all my teeth fell out, but they were still attached to my gums by spaghetti-like cables.

Regardless of the meanings, teeth dreams cut close to the bone in terms of being disturbing...and they are very successful at getting the dreamers attention.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

from my experience its a sign of a big change that is about to happen in your life.

Love and harmony
Whateva

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join