It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Precognitions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I've read here that just about everyone has had some sort of precognitive dream. Can some one step up and explain what is happening here, fate, destiny, etc. Thanks

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I certainly can't explain it, but i will speculate.

It could be some more subtle aspect of physics/universe that we have no good handle on.

I have had Deja Vu, but am not sure how one explains that. I have had dreams that gave me insights about places I had not been yet.
I had a dream about being in a town about 40 south of my hometown. In it in that small town I went into a grocery store and when i got inside it was a restaruant. Months later I moved to that town and there was a restaraunt called 'Litha Grocery' which I think had been converted from an old grocery store.

Rationally I would say dreams are chemical/electrical events that are totally internal to ourselves that do engage our memories and thoughts from the day. Perhaps our brains in a very free associative state make connections and insights that our waking conscious mind is unable to.

Another thought about dreams that does seem to often fit is to see dreams as metaphor. Phrases like 'Apple of my eye' might have an apple in your dream, sort of like living for a while in the land of the sureal.

We know about things like neutrinos that move through the entire planet as though it wasn't there. It seems to me there might be many aspects of physics that we are totally unaware of.

join