It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS Rant!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I awoke this morning at around 4am for work. The birds were chirping away and the rabbits that seem to drop a litter of kits by the rose bush every other week were playing in the grass....paying no attention to my presence. Weather reports indicated a beautiful day and after the winter we have had, it would be well received.

A little after noon, my work for the day was complete. I locked-up my office and stepped outside to a bright sun and a slight breeze. My mind began to race as I tried to figure out how I was going to make the most of this.

I could go fishing with my sons. Well, they get to fish and I spend the entire time fixing snags, getting lines out of tree branches and hookin' worms. But that's ok with me.

I could work on one of my pickups. My wife hit a nasty pothole sometime over the last week and busted the leaf springs. It's dirty, nasty work with little bits of dirt and rust that will undoubtedly get all over my face. But that's ok with me.

Or I could take the wife around town looking for the car I promised to get her once we got our tax return.

That's it! That's what I will do!

It may not be fishing or working on my truck, but we would be able to roll down the windows, let the wind hit our faces and soak in the smells of spring. Plus it will make the wife happy.
That's ok with me.

But when I got home, everything changed.

The bank said that the money was not deposited and that the IRS has canceled it. What? Why? Are you fricken' kidding me?

So then I call the IRS. After I am on hold for 15 minutes, a woman speaks: "My name is Ms. xxxxx...ID #xxxxxxx, how can I help you?"

I tell her the problem and I am put on hold. 20 minutes later, she returns to the call and informs me that my taxes were taken because I did not file a certain form that alleviates my responsibility to certain debts (my tax situation is a bit complicated and I will not get in to that).

Of course, I did file that special form but she insisted they did not have a copy of it in the electronically-filed documents. She said I have to talk to my tax-preparer. I do my own taxes, but I file them through an online service so that I have audit protection and documentation of what is filed. So I contact them and they confirm that everything is in order and was received by the IRS.

That was about a 20 minute call.

So then I call the IRS again and wait for 45 minutes on hold! 45 minutes?!

When someone finally comes on the phone and I explain everything....again.....she tells me that there is no records of that particular form. It was not filed.

BS!

I gave here the electronic filing number and she puts me on hold....again.
This time its for 30 mins!

She then tells me that she will have to transfer me to someone that can help me!

Im transfered, only to be met with another 20 minute wait...but this time the music had changed to something out of a 1980's video game and it felt like my brain was about to pop.

"yes, Mr. Sheepslayer? It appears that you have filed the paperwork correctly and we have that special form right along with everything else.

I told ya I filed it, so why is there an issue and what are you going to do to fix this?

"Well, it seems that the person that processed your paperwork decided to deny the special forms "request", even though everything is in order and we need your phone number so that we can contact you in 30-60 days with our decision."

I have a policy of being incredibly nice when dealing with people over these sorts of issues, it makes everything go smoother, but I was about to unload a fury of f-bombs and insults about their mothers!

So in the end, they screwed up my taxes, even though I did everything I am required to do to avoid this sort of BS; I wasted the better part of my day dealing with these numbskulls; I have to wait for these brain surgeons to fix the problem and I have to tell the wife that we will not be buying that car she has been patiently waiting for!

So I'd like to send a well-earned thanks to the IRS for not only ruining my day and breaking my wife's little heart, but proving that you are a waste of tax-payer's money and time!

I need a
edit on 12-4-2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Don't you feel better doing your patriotic duty and helping fund all the wonderful things that the government does?

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Guilty until proven innocent!

Sucks!!!!

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You know me Beez, I'm ok with paying taxes and contributing to the common good, but this is just ridiculous.

I work hard so that my wife can stay home and raise the kids, not a damned daycare, and while I make decent money, it can be rough at times. Once a year we get back a bit of the 10's of thousands of dollars I send to DC and use it to take care of things we otherwise may not be able to.

I suppose there are many people out there that go through that.

Thanks for letting me vent.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

There, there, puddin'.

I did my taxes differently.

I have to pay them. And I wait until the very last minute!

But yes, the IRS sucks.

(Yes, IRS. I said you suck. Come at me bro. Come at me!)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Dont give them a dime.

Claim the max exemptions, calculate your tax burden, put it aside in an account that at least gets some interest.

Never wait for the Government to throw you your change once they zip up...

You may get audited frequently with this tactic, follow the rules, and its a waste of their time and yours.

But its worth it not to have your money unfairly held giving the Gov a interest free loan.
edit on 12-4-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

You think you have problems and I am not trying to minimize yours because any dealings with any tax collection NGO controlled by your local central bank is a pain in the ass, or worse, but...

Between 1997 and 2001 I lost $32m in shareholder equity, I was a one third owner of a $100m technology company and through a shareholder oppression (because I did not want to commit tax and public funds frauds to the tune of $150m), my shareholder position was illegally nullified. There was a government minister, a private company, a brokerage house with $14b under management and a major university involved in the fraud. When I filed my taxes, the CRA (here in Canada) ignored my equity loss and they did not provide a notice of determination for my capital losses. This prevented me from selling or transferring my loss at 20 cents on the dollar, or roughly $6m, which would have cancelled my loss, but at least provided me with the $6 million (which is better than nothing) making my REAL loss about $26m.

I know the numbers are huge, but they are all real and I still have all of the evidence since by law I am not allowed to destroy it. All 20 pounds of evidence in documents has been provided to the CRA 3 times and it has been lost 3 times, even though it was signed for twice in a UPS delivery and a by-hand-delivery by us and in both cases signed for by the director of the CRA at the time. To make matters worse, when this whole deal was wrapped up in Superior Court, we received gag orders (injunctions) to NOT NAME NAMES as the ensuing scandal would destroy confidence in the canadian government and destroy the credibility of universities, stock brokers and probably the stock market in canada because it was seriously dirty dealings on the part of the university and government.

To add insult to injury, the CRA has audited me more than 8 times now since 1998. One of the audits took 6 months to complete and went from the 1997 through 2005 tax years. The auditor and his manager/director found the tax fraud and illegal shareholder oppression during this ten year audit and stated that they would resolve the matter to my benefit and get me my notice of determination. The request went for decision all the way to the minister of finance who said "just do the numbers, do not release a notice of determination" according to the auditor and his manager/director because then they would have to prosecute the criminals, meaning the government minister, the CEO of the brokerage house, the CEO of the private company and of course the dean and provost at the university.

My situation has never been resolved BTW, and I have been fighting them passively since 1998 and aggressively since 2001.

So, do your research and fight these bastards. File formal complaints, send them invoices for your time regardless of whether they deny them or not and make sure you engage them in an FOIA request on yourself, demanding everything they have on you. You might also want to examine the true status of the IRS like I did the CRA. The CRA here is an NGO with legislated powers, the CRA is owned and operated by the central bank, the Bank of Canada, which is in turned owned by shareholder banks that are owned and operated by the IMF or their stooges. I suspect the IRS is no different, just substitute CRA with IRS.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 4/12.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

beezzer

There, there, puddin'.

I did my taxes differently.

I have to pay them. And I wait until the very last minute!

But yes, the IRS sucks.

(Yes, IRS. I said you suck. Come at me bro. Come at me!)

You freakin rock Bunny!!!!!

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

After reading your problems, I feel a bit better.

Thanks!

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
First off, it's a tax REFUND you were waiting to get from the IRS, not a tax Return.

You send your tax Return TO the IRS; they seem intent on keeping your refund.

You say you filed your federal return electronically, and the IRS , ultimately, conceded that the required form was, indeed, included with your submission, but "the person who handled/processed your forms" decided to deny your refund?

Did you ask Why they denied your claim?

The reason should be part of the notations recorded on your file.

More than likely you are just the victim of a scanning error: when your e-filed return was processed, that particular form was not properly vetted by the processing software.

I find it highly unlikely that someone actually handled your return and was led deny you the credit.

I also know, for a fact, that until late in March of this year (2014) the ProSytems preparation software used, at least in California, by thousands of professional tax preparers had a glitch which would cause Net Operating Losses (NOL's) to be omitted, by the software, on the electronically transmitted state tax return, even though the proper forms were completed and transmitted with the return, And the Tax preparers would know nothing about the error because the software provided them with a correct copy of the return with the NOL in place and deducted!

Perhaps a similar "Glitch" exists within your preparation software?

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Bhadhidar

Return...Refund. Sorry for not using the proper term.

From what I understand, the form I have to submit automatically triggers a delay in the processing until it can be reviewed by an IRS employee. A little research has to be done on their part to confirm it's validity.

Their "notes" simply say that it was denied, but it was properly filled-out and I do qualify as I file it each and every year. So the person had to make the conscious decision to deny it, or was too lazy to even read it. It's a fairly simple form.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I forgot to tell you Beez, you are very lucky that you're my homey...not too many people get to call me puddin' and walk away from it.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Ah!

More Semantics!

I see. Let me give you an heads up: In this context "Deny/Denied" is IRS-speak for "Delay/Delayed".

as a result of the recent budget cuts and government shut-down, the IRS is severely hurting in the manpower department.

Add to that, the first quarter of the year is the busiest for the agency (it is for ours , too).

So the IRS, at this time simply doesn't have the staff available to hand review and process a return like yours, requiring "special handling", but the only way their out-dated computer equipment can recognize the need to "delay" your Refund while your return is reviewed by an agant is to tell the system to (temporarily) "deny" your refund.

Because governmental computer systems are purchased with taxpayer funds, and because the vast majority of the taxpaying public (including Congress) is woe to provide those funds to agencies like the IRS, such agencies are left far from the cutting edge when it comes to digital capabilities and sophistication: many government agency mainframes are still running Fortran and COBAL!

So "Denied" sounds terribly final and inarguable, when "delayed" would be more precise; but delayed would incite more time-consuming inquiries when time is the least available commodity, and so "denied" it is.

You are an unfortunate victim of budgetary-induced "Triage".

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Bhadhidar

Really...Cobal? That's stone age there.

Well, I thank you for your insight. There are many people on ATS with various areas of expertise and your's is appreciated.

I will try to update when and if I hear anything, but I expect it to be a while from now.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
# the irs. You are not legally responsible to pay taxes as far as I be read or am aware. Look it up. Unfortunately, the sack that the irs is you either pay or go to prison, which is why I say, # the irs and the US government. Such a scam to waste our money.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   

sheepslayer247
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

After reading your problems, I feel a bit better.

Thanks!

Hound them until they die. Treat them like a creditor and they are holding onto your receivables, call them every day, three times a day if you have to. Don't show any weakness because those sons of bitches and their whores are trained to find any crack in your mental armor and expand it to get at the soft tissue. They will fight a war of attrition and try to wear you down over time.

I have a minor Notice of Objection in right now for about $2k on another matter but I am just waiting for my day in tax court. I then get to bring everything up, the tax fraud I blew the whistle on, conflict of interest in adjudication by statutory administrators, double and possibly triple taxation of the same alleged income, my invoices for services rendered in doing their job, etc. and I will have reporters there. I'm fed up and I am not going to eat their sh***t and say um um good. That dog don't hunt here.

As far as I am concerned, the IMF/central bank/tax collecting agencies and their proxy, the government, have declared war on all of us and I am going to bring it back onto their doorstep and they better not try the "just adhere to the statute" BS, because there is superior law in place. We need fairness and equity across the board for both personal and business taxation. So if anyone at CSIS or any of the other government organized crime divisions are reading this, you all know who I am ;-)

Cheers - Dave

top topics

join