It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bye Bye

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I read this and wondered about contamination of Jupiter.

www.chron.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
what would the earth bacteria do to the moon???

i don't get it...

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
it happened in 2003..

the gallieo space craft was met with a onslaught of problems. They crashed into jupiters atmosphere in an attempt to collect atmospheric data. why worry about contaminating jupiter? its huge. and only gas it doesnt have a solid surface so nothing to worry about there.

but it did send back some awesoem immages of the moons and jupiter when it was working.

heres a JPL link

www.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
It happened last year.

And my opinion is:

If a microscopic life form, survived the Heat, the cold, the radiation, and
other Hard core environments..Then STILL survived the high velocity impact into
Jupiters atmosphere, then it earned the right to live WHEREVER it can..

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
The deal with Europa.

Europa is an a moon of JUPITER and it is coverd by ice. IT is believed that gravity form the pull of jupiter nad its orbit heat up its core and melt some of the ice. They believe ther may be a vast underground ocean on Europa. By crashing the probe into Europa earth bacteria may get in the ice and contaminate the oceans. If we ever went there we would never know if life developed naturally in the oceans or if it was a big mistake by us.
so to be on the safe side we crashed it into jupiter instead.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
gotta love those 14 months old 'news' articles.

the idea is that, by the very nature of earth, there existed some sort of microbial life on the satelleite. europa was and still is one of the best shots for life in the solar system and if the satelleite were left to its own defenses (gravity) the risk of it crashing into the moon is too great.

the enormous pressures on jupiter prevent the contamination of the gas giant. the probe will disinitigrate miles and miles above the surface of jupiter. nothing, i say nothing on earth will survive even a small distance into jupiter

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mizar
The deal with Europa.

Europa is an a moon of JUPITER and it is coverd by ice. IT is believed that gravity form the pull of jupiter nad its orbit heat up its core and melt some of the ice. They believe ther may be a vast underground ocean on Europa. By crashing the probe into Europa earth bacteria may get in the ice and contaminate the oceans. If we ever went there we would never know if life developed naturally in the oceans or if it was a big mistake by us.
so to be on the safe side we crashed it into jupiter instead.

yeah i know...

but we could have created life and watched it evolve...

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
we could have created life and watched it evolve...

we already did that. we're doing it right now. we lived that.

besides, id rather see europan (european? haha) life evolve than our own, just colder.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer

we already did that. we're doing it right now. we lived that.

besides, id rather see europan (european? haha) life evolve than our own, just colder.

i need some info...

new topics

top topics

join