It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Us contractor denied mercenaries in Ukraine.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
abcnews.go.com...[/url]
edit on 9-4-2014 by Acousticsasylum because: Link fix

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Acousticsasylum

Sounds like they are running out of excuses for their denial.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Your link is malformed at the moment...

ABCNews

The Russian government today claimed there are more than 100 American “mercenaries” from a defense contracting company disguised as Ukrainian troops in the embattled former Soviet nation, a claim the American firm and top U.S. officials deny.

The Russian Foreign Ministry made the allegation in a statement today that accused Ukrainian military forces of working with “illegal armed militias” and others, saying the ministry is “especially concerned” about the involvement of 150 American mercenaries from the private company Greystone Ltd., a former affiliate of Blackwater.

A woman who answered a call for comment from ABC News today at Greystone denied that the company was involved, saying, “We do not have anyone deployed in Ukraine.” Later, the company told other news outlets they had no comment on the Russian allegations.

White House spokesperson Jay Carney told reporters the claim “seems bogus to us” and Geoffrey Pyatt, U.S. Ambassador to Russia, called it “rubbish.”

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
The rhetoric and lies on both sides are ridiculous. The Russian Media is telling us there are United States contractors present in Ukraine; which of course - they are going to deny true or not true. Personally I believe its pobably just Russian propoganda at this point simply because Anybody the US has over there willnot be getting discovered so easily.

Then we have the Western/US media telling us all of the Russian supporters in Ukraine are all spetznatz or paid provocteurs...that cannot possible be true for all of them.

The problem is both sides are getting so tangled up into this mess and they have to save face and maintain their cover stories and make sure they tell the same lies and it just cannot go on like this...You cannot be this involved in something and get out of it either. Whatever happens in Ukraine, the players are already in place and they have no say in the matter.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Plausible deniability.

The Us government says, Contractors? We don't send contractors.

Greystone (a branch of Blackwater) can say, What, we aren't affiliated with the government.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Irony and hypocrisy

Sounds like when Russia said they didn't have any Russia troops on the ground in Crimea, and it sound like Russia don't like obstacles in the way of there plans

There only there on request of Ukrainian government to counter Russia spetnaz and agents destabilising Eastern Ukraine hardly there to annex and take over buildings
edit on 9-4-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Oh there is a secret war going on alright.

Both sides resort to the lovely art of covert warfare.

Hold onto your tinfoil, monkey wrenches everywhere!!

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

TritonTaranis
Irony and hypocrisy

Sounds like when Russia said they didn't have any Russia troops on the ground in Crimea, and it sound like Russia don't like obstacles in the way of there plans

There only there on request of Ukrainian government to counter Russia spetnaz and agents destabilising Eastern Ukraine hardly there to annex and take over buildings
edit on 9-4-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

See the funny thing here is that you're claiming spetsnaz is acting as agents causing unrest. Right from the start you fail to even know what spestnaz means. Let me explain:

In Russia, there is the Federal Security Bureau. The FSB is in charge of many different branches of spooks, spies and special forces.

Spetsnaz is a term meaning "special operations". Spetsnaz brigades are under FSB command. Spetsnaz operatives are soldiers highly trained to engage ruthlessly in light arm combat against enemy operatives of similar caliber. Spetsnaz GRU and spetsnaz OMON have different jurisdictions (one is deployed in Russian territory, the other is for external ops).

Again I reiterate: spetsnaz are soldiers of the Russian military, commanded by the FSB.

So why would Russian commandos, trained to wipe out suicidal islamofascists, be sent to stir up crowds and spread propaganda in Ukraine? The FSB has its own state agents that are trained to do things like this. So why would spetsnaz commandos be doing this?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Acousticsasylum

Sounds like they are running out of excuses for their denial.

Or Russia is once again lying in an effort to further their propaganda push -

According to its website, parts of which do not appear to have been updated in years, Greystone began “providing services” in 2004 “as an affiliate of what is now Xe Services.” Xe was the name the controversial defense contractor Blackwater took on before it was sold to private investors, who changed its name yet again to Academi.

It certainly would not be the first time Russia issues a statement using blatantly false information that is outdated.

Secondly this is rich coming from Russia -

The Russian Foreign Ministry made the allegation in a statement today that accused Ukrainian military forces of working with “illegal armed militias”

I think Russian may be confusing their operation in Crimea and East / South Ukraine as coming from a foreign nation. Its understandable though - Russia has lied so often it can become difficult to keep track of those lies.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Vovin

Spetnaz / GRU are the Russian equivalent of Military Special Forces / Intelligence.

The FSB is Russia's internal security, formerly known as the KBG.

Russian special forces (Spetnaz / GRU / FSB) have been caught entering Ukraine with weapons / explosive / paper work and they are in fact behind all of the internal problems inside Ukraine.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

They just caught a yank in Ukraine, in army gear.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   

strawburry

Video from lieleak? With absolutely nothing else to corroborate / place context? Is this really the only way you guys know how to push lies? What is it with you guys using just youtube?

Good God you guys are desperate. A black video taken in a concrete basement somewhere with people yelling in Russian?

You might as well of posted a video from the Blair Witch Project.

For all we know its Russian special forces dressed up in an effort to further their lies.

nice try

Lets see what other crazy bs this is in the video world -

Russian forces execute pro Ukrainians in Crimea.
Russian forces arrested for crossing into Ukraine with weapons and explosive.
Russian forces located abducted pro Ukrainian leader, dead, with knives sticking out of eyes.

Want me to keep going?

edit on 10-4-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Xcathdra

strawburry

Video from lieleak? With absolutely nothing else to corroborate / place context? Is this really the only way you guys know how to push lies? What is it with you guys using just youtube?

Good God you guys are desperate. A black video taken in a concrete basement somewhere with people yelling in Russian?

You might as well of posted a video from the Blair Witch Project.

For all we know its Russian special forces dressed up in an effort to further their lies.

nice try

I guess you missed the part where he was saying "I'm a US citizen." and in an American accent no less, and not in Russian or a Russian Americanised accent as you claimed.

Unlike some, I do pay attention to details.

edit on 10-4-2014 by strawburry because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   

strawburry

I guess you missed the part where he was saying "I'm a US citizen." and in an American accent no less.

Oh my bad.. I was not aware that there are Russians would could not speak English.

/end sarcasm.

Get real.. A video and nothing else? I know this is the type of spoonfed propaganda Putin expects those who are weak willed and stupid to accept at face value, regardless of how asinine it is. I can start listing videos that similarly show "Russian" forces killing civilians in Crimea, attacking inside Ukraine, being arrested crossing the Ukraine border with weapons and explosives.

You and the others refuse to accept those, so why in the hell would you expect people to accept this video?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Xcathdra

strawburry

I guess you missed the part where he was saying "I'm a US citizen." and in an American accent no less.

Oh my bad.. I was not aware that there are Russians would could not speak English.

/end sarcasm.

Get real.. A video and nothing else? I know this is the type of spoonfed propaganda Putin expects those who are weak willed and stupid to accept at face value, regardless of asinine it is.

Once we get to see his face, then we can drill down social networks for a match then and track him down.

I certinally hope we get to see him rolled out publically and humiliated.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   

strawburry
Once we get to see his face, then we can drill down social networks for a match then and track him down.

A tactic you and others objected to with regards to Russian military units being a part of the invasion in Crimea. So, again, why should we accept this when you wont accept the other?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Xcathdra

strawburry

A tactic you and others objected to with regards to Russian military units being a part of the invasion in Crimea. So, again, why should we accept this when you wont accept the other?

Can you please show me where I objected to this?

I am very sure I never stated anything of the kind anywhere anytime.

edit on 10-4-2014 by strawburry because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Xcathdra
reply to post by Vovin

Spetnaz / GRU are the Russian equivalent of Military Special Forces / Intelligence.

The FSB is Russia's internal security, formerly known as the KBG.

Russian special forces (Spetnaz / GRU / FSB) have been caught entering Ukraine with weapons / explosive / paper work and they are in fact behind all of the internal problems inside Ukraine.

Do I have to really reiterate my entire post on this subject?

FSB is a government bureau that commands Russian national security agencies. Spetsnaz operates under FSB command. However, Spetsnaz are elite commandos.

Claiming that spetsnaz operatives are engaging in soft operations is like saying that the US Navy Seals are pushing paperwork and suitcases of cash at, say, the American embassy in Venezuela.

And let's be honest here. Spetsnaz have been the force waging heavy conflict against separatists in Chechnya for decades, all in the name of Russia. Do you think the Russian authorities would be so stupid as to send spetsnaz commandos on a mission to back separatists elsewhere? What an excellent way to demoralize your elite forces.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Vovin
Do I have to really reiterate my entire post on this subject?

Until you get it right - yes.

Vovin
FSB is a government bureau that commands Russian national security agencies. Spetsnaz operates under FSB command. However, Spetsnaz are elite commandos.

Which is what I stated.

Vovin
Claiming that spetsnaz operatives are engaging in soft operations is like saying that the US Navy Seals are pushing paperwork and suitcases of cash at, say, the American embassy in Venezuela.

You would be incorrect in this assessment. They would be used to do exactly what's being talked about. The US special forces have the same type of training, although Russia seems to have a knack of them being caught while crossing the border into Ukraine with weapons and explosives. We can most likely chalk that up to the decay of the Russian military at the collapse of the Soviet Union.

Vovin
And let's be honest here. Spetsnaz have been the force waging heavy conflict against separatists in Chechnya for decades, all in the name of Russia. Do you think the Russian authorities would be so stupid as to send spetsnaz commandos on a mission to back separatists elsewhere? What an excellent way to demoralize your elite forces.

Since Russia has had to invade Chechnya twice I probably would not have used that as an example of how effective Spetnaz is.

As for your other question yes, I think Putin is so arrogant in that he thinks he can send special forces into Ukraine in the manner being discussed.

Why you ask?

because if he sends them into Ukraine in uniform, its an act of war. Sending them in in civilian clothing allows Russia to disassociate themselves with the groups captured, even allowing them to state yes they were a part of Russian military at one point, but went rogue and took it upon themselves to wage their own war in Ukraine.

So please, quit treating people like they are stupid and stop making excuses for Putin. He is not stupid and knows what he is doing, albeit he has no idea of the consequences he is creating for himself.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join