It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would life on other worlds mean to YOUR religion?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arkaleus
Brothers:

Men were burned at the stake for daring to state that life existed on other worlds besides earth.

Tell me brothers, what does this revelation do for YOUR mind?

Arkaleus

[Edited on 26-11-2004 by Arkaleus]

And women were burned at the stake for having a beauty mark/mole in certain locations. It's all very preposterous really. My ruling planet is Mars and I'd love to travel there some day. So I hope this doesn't fowl up any revelations for brothers of the Earth.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I am sold on the notion of ancient aquatic life on Mars. The link at the beginning of this thread clinches it for me! I was so astounded when I saw these pictures, that my whole concept of the universe changed.

It is clear to me now that the universe is filled with water, that its distribution is a common product of the stellar process, and planetary systems are packed with the stuff. That would indicate a much greater number of water-bearing worlds

Even more profound is the concept of parallel evolution - OR even more spectacular the CREATION or TRANSPLANTATION of life onto worlds by an intelligent power.

We cannot discount the idea of a intelligence at work behind the appearance and distribution of life in this solar system. It really doesn't matter to me which method was used to get similar forms of life on Earth and Mars, and I hope we are seeing natural processes.

If it were a natural process and life arises in similar forms simultaneously, then life would be a common occurrence wherever there was enough air, water and temperature.

Personally, I am leaning towards parallel evolution - Life seems to take forms that are common for reasons that are beyond our understanding. Perhaps life resembles chemical compounds - They always form in the same manner given the same environment. It seems logical since we are made from materials that behave in this way. Salt always forms NaCl crystals, Petroleum always from hydrocarbons, water from H2O. Perhaps life forms tend to form similar structures as well.

That is a whole new theory in life formation, I am certain of it. Perhaps someone will receive this idea thru the aether write a paper on it.

I found myself staring as the fossil images of Martian urchins for hours. Once you see what the author of that website is seeing, it will change your entire outlook on the universe. it is TEEMING with Life, because that is what God ordained - He loves life.

Arkaleus

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninki
hey have you ever read the book of enoch??

I have heard of it, but never read it. I just found it online. There are 36 Chapters!
Book of Enoch
I found it by searching the Internet Sacred Text Archive . This site has Texts for other religions also, not just Christianity.
Somebody here might want to peek at the biggest online Christian reference site I have found too. It is Ultimate Bible Study and Resources Center
I guess I went a little off topic, maybe. In the Bible, God claims to be the truth. He also says that knowledge will increase in the last days. I think that means that when the end is near true knowledge will point to him, even if people try to deny it. If we are not near the Last Days now, just how fast will knowledge get thrown at us? It almost seems to be racing out of control now.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arkaleus

If you wish to see for yourself, here is the proof of a Mars fossil.

Mars Fossils (For real)
[Edited on 26-11-2004 by Arkaleus]

By the way, I meant to tell you earlier that those are incredible pictures. I looked at a few links also. Absolutely Awesome!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join