It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The start of internet censorship?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   

LightSource
I'm more wondering if they would just use this to block sites they just didn't want us to see for whatever reason they felt fit. Looking at the "why" they were blocked doesn't seem to give info as to why. I'm also sure most people don't check the "why" they just go oh something is blocked.

Google Safe-Browsing downloads are a joke and few if any sites on the lists have a virus and according to Twitter half the sites in the world are sending out spam or have a virus if you try to link to them from twitter.

What with ISP's and now Google telling us what we can and cannot see it's time to start fighting back , it's our interment and not the states or goggles or owned by anyone else for that matter.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Better question: Knowing what you know about the NSA spying on our internet activities with the consent of big corps, why are you still using google?

Startpage

Duck Duck Go

Start taking your data back from this corrupt establishment.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
The start of censorship on the net?
I saw that kind of notice on Google perhaps 6 years ago.
Not showing specific secret things on the results was for .. I don't know, 8 years perhaps.

Or I rather came across a different notice on Google at that time. It brought me to a link of a list of websites blocked by a government body.

But censorship in general isn't new. So many websites I knew, especially in Germany were simply stripped of their website address (.de) or received warnings not to post anything that we are not allowed to think about. Basically anything against false democracy, media claims like global warming or anything doubting the media version of the Hitler war.

Then there are those CoIntel strategies, suddenly pushing in a full page of topics to hide a new important one.
The CIA had also officially claimed to demand money to create bots to spam social networks to prevent information trade.

And I noticed, whenever I made a larger community look more aware, a large group of very unaware people was sent in, usually coming from a Youtube channel or a TV show that makes fun of "conspiracy theories" or any other view that makes things appear different from what they are, basically creating a disinformation horde and then sending it to a target community. I also saw that those Youtube channels are brought to the front page of Youtube on purpose. Well, gather your own experiences.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSource

Youre talking about LEGAL blocking, not censorship. Copyright infringment.

I own copyrights, and Ive had YouTube remove videos, and Google remove "hits" the same day I find them. Its not censorship.

There is a vast difference between legal ownership infringment and censorship.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join