It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India Kicks of Worlds Largest General Elections.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

in.reuters.com...

Some 815 million people are registered to vote over the next five weeks as the election ripples out in stages from two small states near Myanmar to include northern Himalayan plateaus, western deserts and the tropical south, before ending in the densely-populated northern plains. Results are due on May 16.

Elections In India basically have multiple Political Parties , to form the government the party has to get 272 seats out of maximum of 5012 seats in the Parliament.... Since There are literally dozens of powerful political Parties Parties often have to form Alliances toget enough seats.. The two main Alliances are..

N.D.A

This party is Mainly lead by the political party BJP(Bharatiya Janata PArty (Indian peoples party if converted into English))
The Prime Ministerial Candidate is Narandra Modi... They were in the Opposition for the past 10 years ....
Modi Is known for the massive development of the state Gujarat .

Narandra Modi used to sell Tea in a Railway station , so he is very popular among the youth Mainly for development and climbing up the Ladder from a poor street vendor to a Nations P.M Candidate... He was the Chief Minister of the State of Gujarat where he has been elected three times consecutively ..

Also Gujarat is known to be one of the safest places for women ...

His motto revolves around Less government and more governance

Though BJP and Modi is often known by some for being extremely Pro Hindu

The Brains and Manpower behind the BJP is the right wing Organization RSS

en.wikipedia.org...

www.hindustantimes.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...(India)

He also has plans of developing a cooperation between Nations that Generate Energy from renewable resources as in Similar to OPEC ..

United States had a Visa ban on Modi till few months back but they removed it after they got the gist of his massive public support and he could be P.M ..

Chinese were the first to invite him to China with a red Carpet while the western world frowned upon him for apparently his role in religious riots which took place in his state(Note that the Supreme court has found no proof that he was in anyway involved ) ...

U.P.A

THE UPA is lead by Congress PArty , the oldest party in India , The Congress Party revolves around the Nehru Gandhi Family...

en.wikipedia.org...–Gandhi_family

en.wikipedia.org...

Currently UPA has no PM Candidate , one of the Gandhi Family which is Rahul Gandhi was supposed to be the PM Candidate , but his utter stupidty , low IQ level has often been exposed several times over ...

If you want to have a Good laugh please watch his interview...

Has been Ruling the country for the last 10 years , Earlier in the last 10 years it was known well for its secular credentials and development but as time went on Corruption after Corruption and scams after scams got exposed the party has lost massive support among the populace , it has also been known for appeasing certain sections of the minority community to such an extent that it gets hard for the majority to live ....

This is a rough Idea i can give about Both Parties , I will certainly be voting for NDA so my views will probably be Partial ....

edit on 7-4-2014 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

Wow. I just realized that there are more people voting in India now then in all of Europe combined.
I guess I always knew... I just never pictured it in my mind's eye.

Not that we get to vote on anything of importance anyways...

maddy21
His motto revolves around Less government and more governance

That is one weird motto...
edit on 7-4-2014 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
This is great. India is the biggest democracy. I wonder when China will follow suite - not with the one-party-state controlling Chinese life, but we can all dream.

All credit to India. If they can organise this then they can organise themselves out of some of their problems.

Regards

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

The congress party is a joke ..
BJP will clean up this time round ..Modi has some big positive plans for India ..

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
it is very big election with hopes of change can affect the world greatly

top topics

join