It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faith VS Science & Athiests

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Skyfloating

Krazysh0t
I throw the bible out because it is one source that makes outstanding claims that aren't corroborated by any other sources.

Actually every single creation myth and origins myth and religion on the planet makes similar claims to the other. Just because you are not familiar with corroborating sources doesn't mean they don't exist.

No they don't. Sure there are many stories among different old religions that are similar like the flood myth, but I certainly don't look at Sumerian mythology to corroborate the creation myth in the bible. I want geologic as well as archaeological evidence first and foremost to support these accounts since they aren't human and therefore cannot lie. Actually, I doubt any old time written record of creation since the ancients didn't have the technology nor knowhow to properly study creation and humans origins.

It makes more sense that some mystic got high on something (probably mushrooms) then made something up that was later extrapolated and added to by other religions. Human existence predates written records by many millenniums. Heck, we even predate spoken records by a good bit too since proto-languages were mostly grunts and basic signals. There is no realistic way that humans could have passed down the account of humans' creation orally or written. The only other way to obtain this knowledge is through divine intervention (unlikely since proof of a god that interacts with human lives is exceedingly low to non-existent) or to just make it up.
edit on 14-4-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

You are now inviting speculation so far from being based in fact - or even plausible theory - that its essentially pointless.

How is that speculative that's logic. If our four dimensions were created after the first Planck time logic dictates that whatever created them was in another dimension of space. That's not speculation the singularity was by definition supernatural.

How is it logic when the first act of your premise is to go ahead and pretend god is real?

Logic requires a strict and calculated method. Not just your opinion.

Otherwise i could pretend it was anything. Like a ham sandwich, and i would have the same amount of falsifiable evidence you would. This is why hard evidence has to be presented in any argument. Because you cant prove it wasn't a ham sandwich.

There is no such thing as supernatural. There isn't anything outside of nature. Even other universes would be nature. If there were something like a god, it would have been made by nature, not the other way around.
edit on 14-4-2014 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ServantOfTheLamb

what is your evidence that your alledged jesus "fulfilled " any prophesies ?

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

ignorant_ape
reply to post by ServantOfTheLamb

what is your evidence that your alledged jesus "fulfilled " any prophesies ?

Perhaps it would be more productive to Google some examples and then debunk them here, rather than relying on your opposition to provide you with ammo.

Just trying to be helpful.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Hey, can anyone give me observable proof that Darwin's theory of Evolution is in fact correct? I look forward to the bs answer's you provide.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by 168617

Here, have fun:

www.google.com...

Good thing it's a simple google search and pops up over 54,000,000 results.
edit on 15-4-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Them sources are about as credible as Evolution... Go find some more I can poke fun at.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by 168617

How about poking some holes in it first. There is so much evidence that there is no good spot to begin. That's why I gave you a google search. Though I warn you, if you want to walk down this road don't get all mad if you end up looking foolish or put your foot in your mouth.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Krazysh0t
reply to post by 168617

Here, have fun:

www.google.com...

I didn't ask for a theory, I asked for Observable proof... Something which I can see with my own eyes that proves evolution is correct. Something that someone else has seen that proves evolution is in fact correct. Not something written down on a piece of paper or from a text book.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Hey, can anyone give me observable proof that Darwin's theory of Evolution is in fact correct? I look forward to the bs answer's you provide.

Erm, you can go and visit a good natural history museum. They should have everything you need.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Annunak1
Professor: My brother died of cancer even though he prayed to GOD to heal him. Most of us would attempt to help others who are ill. But GOD didn’t. How is this GOD good then? Hmm?

(Student was silent.)

Professor: You can’t answer, can you ?

Your story fails at that point. Everyone dies from something. And even though the person with cancer suffers greatly, it is an opportunity for others around him to offer compassion and take care of him. A bad happening to one person can be used for a good and that increases the merit of those who are helping him. So your 'silent student' would have known that and answered the question, not remained silent.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by 168617

www.google.com...

Seriously I can do this all day. It's really easy, I'm not sure why you haven't started doing it and keep asking me to do it. How about actually state your case on why you think evolution is wrong instead of just trying to get us to post LONG scientific journals that you won't read that prove evolution (because those are really the only valid sources).

ETA: I also have no reason to take you seriously at all since you've already stated you want this evidence so you can laugh at it. It's not like you are asking for a valid, real debate on the topic.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by 168617

How about the FACT that some diseases have evolved immunity to the drugs that used to kill them.

Or do those who believe in an all powerful creator suggest that the said creator is changing the diseases so they can still harm us?
edit on 15-4-2014 by johnb because: meh

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

AngryCymraeg

Erm, you can go and visit a good natural history museum. They should have everything you need.

So will I see animals mutating and becoming new animals at the natural history museum?

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

johnb
reply to post by 168617

How about the FACT that some diseases have evolved immunity to the drugs that used to kill them.

Or do those who believe in an all powerful creator suggest that the said creator is changing the diseases so they can still harm us?
edit on 15-4-2014 by johnb because: meh

Umm, have those diseases changed into animals and humans? I want to see the evidence if they have. Give me a video even if this has been achieved before someone's eyes.
edit on 15-4-2014 by 168617 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   

I didn't ask for a theory, I asked for Observable proof...

To quote your 'reasoning' a bit from another thread ....
... who do you think you are you to question scientists who understand this better than you do?

***********************************************************************************************
That being said -
For everyone else - those who are actually engaging the subject matter ...

"Science without Religion Is Lame, Religion without Science Is Blind" - Albert Einstein

Funny thing ... People think that it has to be either evolution OR God ... but in reality it can be both. God can use whatever means He wishes to bring life onto planet Earth. There is very good evidence that natural selection has been at work with humans for hundreds of thousands of years. There is very good evidence that the 'Adam and Eve' story is just a creation myth .. total bunk. But the fact that the Adam and Eve story is a complete fabrication in no way disproves the existence of God.

People don't have to pick either God or Science.

It's possible to understand and accept both.

edit on 4/15/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   

So will I see animals mutating and becoming new animals at the natural history museum?

No, and I sense that you're being somewhat ridiculous here. What you will see however are fossils that prove that evolution happens over long periods of time.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

But I want observable proof which will convince me that Evolution is 100% fact.. Can you show me a real life case where this has happened around the theories and the suggestion that humans were created from micro bacteria some 1 million years ago or what ever number it was that they threw out. I want the proof before my eyes since it is the norm that this is the way it happened and should still be happening so we can observe it happening.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

AngryCymraeg

No, and I sense that you're being somewhat ridiculous here. What you will see however are fossils that prove that evolution happens over long periods of time.

Oh so you cannot give me observable evidence in the theory of evolution and your therefore telling me that I should put blind faith into the theory of something which cannot be observed right here and now? Is this your belief btw?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join