It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possibly more than one Big Bang?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I've been thinking lately, every time I read an article or watch a documentary about the creation of the Universe, the Big Bang is said to be the cause. Say the Big Bang actually was the cause of the Universe and everything that's out there. Where would this MASSIVE amount of energy come from? Energy cannot be created or destroyed according to Einsteins Theory of Relativity. That being said, wouldn't that mean this energy has been around forever?

And the red shift/blue shift method would mean everything gets to a certain point, then comes back to it's original starting point. Could this mean that the Big Bang has happened an infinite amount of times? Correct me if I'm wrong

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by StayAware

Energy can apparently appear and dissapear at random at the quantum level. A brief search should reveal a few details about that sort of thing.

It might mean that at a quantum level the universe is creating itself and destroying itself on a regular basis. That at some point in history the creation was a spontaneous runaway reaction that outstrips the 'destructive' effect.

"In the everyday world, energy is always unalterably fixed; the law of energy conservation is a cornerstone of classical physics. But in the quantum microworld, energy can appear and disappear out of nowhere in a spontaneous and unpredictable fashion. (Davies, 1983, 162)"

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dampnickers

Maybe that energy can be transferred into other forms of itself. Possibly in another spectrum that we cannot see? I know some satellites can see in other spectrum's but it could be in the form of radio waves or something else. Dark energy and dark matter could be another more likely possibility though. Here's an article about it Dark Matter and Dark Energy

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I can say that saying possibly more than one big bang is a bit of an understatement that is if you want to call the creation of a human being a big bang.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   

StayAware
Energy cannot be created or destroyed according to Einsteins Theory of Relativity. That being said, wouldn't that mean this energy has been around forever?

While energy cant be created nor can it be destroyed, it can be transformed into other forms. Same thing with matter it cant be destroyed only transformed. I can't remember who said that though.

Time to dig out that physics book I had lying around here somewhere.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Time to dig out that physics book I had lying around here somewhere.
reply to post by blueyezblkdragon

Lying being the key word in that sentence.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Pretty sure that's an actual theory that's been proposed, as well as the one that I've had since I learned of the Big Bang.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
My personal opine is for s cycle of creation/destruction on a universal scale....
Universe has big bang.....expands till the energy dissipates.....contracts and bangs again when compressed tight enough....maybe

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

That's exactly my theory... I like to think of the universe as a rubber band. It stretches and stretches, until it can't anymore, then starts contracting back to a singularity, then expands again.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

When what people call a universe is viewed from the universe through a telescope the universe is viewed from eye to eye. The universe is not the body yet certain aspects are a body. For instance transformation of energy would happen by first transferring that energy. To the moon for instance creating a sun which is how the sun was created.
edit on 6-4-2014 by mrtoidclover because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Its my belief the universe has been "big banging" over and over for eternity.

Like big bang, matter flys out, matter contracts bang another one.

Not that we could ever percivce it since we dont live for multiple billion years

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   

stirling
My personal opine is for s cycle of creation/destruction on a universal scale....
Universe has big bang.....expands till the energy dissipates.....contracts and bangs again when compressed tight enough....maybe

Exactly my thoughts.

I had to give you a star.

I personally am starting to think that maybe there never was a beginning. It is just a never ending cycle.

But us as humans have a hard time grasping that notion. Maybe the universe has always been there and it just recycles itself.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Makes me think of a kids show..".the never ending story"
only on the macro scale......kinda like economics ya know....boom...and bust?
edit on 7-4-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Exactly. Like the heartbeat. Oh wait...

Second line

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
While it is quite difficult for me to accept that all the matter and energy we now see (and do not see yet) in the Universe was once so big as a coconut, I tend to believe in a probably infinite sequence of expansions and contractions of the cosmo, which because I am a romantic Guy I believe is a living heart, we being just kind of nano bacteria. For us so small creatures the time flows so much faster that a single heartbeat of this superior organism means for us billions of years...prolly I'm totally wrong, but as I said I'm a romantic and naif Guy...

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

"Energy can apparently appear and dissapear at random at the quantum level. A brief search should reveal a few details about that sort of thing. "

I've gone off this quantum theory stuff after I tried to get to the bottom of this string entanglement theory.

Search as i might it still came back to me opening a shoe box on plant X and finding a left hand shoe in the box so I knew the other box on earth must contain the right shoe. No information did not travel faster than the speed of light they just try to blind people with science and talk about electrons spinning is the opposite direction to each other.

Big bang, my left toe because you cannot take a picture of a local bit of the universe using gamma radiation, feed it into a computer and say you can see back to the beginning of time, no sir it's too much like it fell of the back of a lorry your honor !

Black holes well the best we have is 6 pixels from something at the center of our milky-way taken thought clouds of dust to support the theory and all we ever get to see is computer simulations and colorful images that have all been enhanced to make them more interesting.

The double slit experiment has me convinced that we are little more than bits of data but even that leaves me confused because it seems to have ten ways to explain the same results.

I have no arguments with particles acting like a wave but then they act like bullets if we measure them but only if we store the results and later someone also reads the results.

Well could it be that to measure a proton (or is it electron because that keeps changing too) that the equipment changes the results because protons are used to make the measurement and bump into the protons when they are near the slits ?

I am told no because you can leave the equipment on and still get a wave pattern if you destroy the hard drive containing the data about which slit the proton/electron went thought before looking to see if you have a wave pattern or not.

It's the observer effect they call it but what if you read the data on the hard-drive and I looked on the wall for a wave pattern and we then compared the results.

Just like the entanglement theory I fear that these "quantum" guys have hijacked the results and turned it into a mind trick but I am not sure one way or another but if someone here does know the answer then I will be happy to hear it and no we did not need quantum physics to produce the worlds first transistor like they keep telling us.

Good thread and I will bookmark and come back to it

edit on 7-4-2014 by VirusGuard because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

VirusGuard

"Energy can apparently appear and dissapear at random at the quantum level. A brief search should reveal a few details about that sort of thing. "

I've gone off this quantum theory stuff after I tried to get to the bottom of this string entanglement theory.

Search as i might it still came back to me opening a shoe box on plant X and finding a left hand shoe in the box so I knew the other box on earth must contain the right shoe. No information did not travel faster than the speed of light they just try to blind people with science and talk about electrons spinning is the opposite direction to each other.

Big bang, my left toe because you cannot take a picture of a local bit of the universe using gamma radiation, feed it into a computer and say you can see back to the beginning of time, no sir it's too much like it fell of the back of a lorry your honor !

Black holes well the best we have is 6 pixels from something at the center of our milky-way taken thought clouds of dust to support the theory and all we ever get to see is computer simulations and colorful images that have all been enhanced to make them more interesting.

The double slit experiment has me convinced that we are little more than bits of data but even that leaves me confused because it seems to have ten ways to explain the same results.

I have no arguments with particles acting like a wave but then they act like bullets if we measure them but only if we store the results and later someone also reads the results.

Well could it be that to measure a proton (or is it electron because that keeps changing too) that the equipment changes the results because protons are used to make the measurement and bump into the protons when they are near the slits ?

I am told no because you can leave the equipment on and still get a wave pattern if you destroy the hard drive containing the data about which slit the proton/electron went thought before looking to see if you have a wave pattern or not.

It's the observer effect they call it but what if you read the data on the hard-drive and I looked on the wall for a wave pattern and we then compared the results.

Just like the entanglement theory I fear that these "quantum" guys have hijacked the results and turned it into a mind trick but I am not sure one way or another but if someone here does know the answer then I will be happy to hear it and no we did not need quantum physics to produce the worlds first transistor like they keep telling us.

That being said, wouldn't that mean this energy has been around forever?

Define "forever" because I am not sure what it is ?

Good thread and I will bookmark and come back to it

edit on 7-4-2014 by VirusGuard because: My toe hurt

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Biigs
Like big bang, matter flys out, matter contracts bang another one.

Ill just correct that for you...

Space flys out, space contracts, bang another one.

Matter just gets kinda pulled along and expands within the expansion. I think that these are entirely plausable, but it is hard to say without looking at what is happening in our universe right now. What we see is an approximately flat universe, it is hard to tell if we have runaway expansion, slowing expansion. We have measurements suggesting that the expansion is accelerating which probably result in a chillout of the universe, no contraction back and a big crunch.

One interesting possibility though is if the expansion is large enough, eventually it might being to affect things on an atomic scale, which rip atoms themselves apart. This would be boring and interesting. Boring because it means that nothing can exist, but it begs the question, what happens when space has expanded so much that physics demands or physics we know suggests that atoms cannot exist anymore, what happens then?

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

stirling

For some reason I cant let go of an idea that all dimensions might be curved and distance is really degrees on a very large scale.

Like existing on a sphere in 2d but something that is curved in 3 dimensions. What that would look like in 4D I have no clue so do not ask me for a picture.

With this assumption you get that you come back to the same place when moved 360 degrees in either x,y,z.
edit on 7-4-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

LittleByLittle

stirling

For some reason I cant let go of an idea that all dimensions might be curved and distance is really degrees on a very large scale.

Like existing on a sphere in 2d but something that is curved in 3 dimensions. What that would look like in 4D I have no clue so do not ask me for a picture.

With this assumption you get that you come back to the same place when moved 360 degrees in either x,y,z.
edit on 7-4-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

Yes, that theory rings true for me too, but we still know so little about the quantum realm.

"To gain understanding about the beginnings of the universe and about quantum gravity, no single set of observations have ever contained so much new information. Watching the details from such observations unfold will be as exciting and profound as the early days of quantum mechanics and relativity theory."

www.gizmag.com...
edit on 7-4-2014 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join