It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Human Hair Additive in Your Food

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I know this may be an older source, but i never knew of this and am quite grossed out by it.

MotherJones

For his recent Mother Jones story on the origins of the "remy" hair used in high-end wigs and extensions worthy of Lady Gaga, Scott Carney sacrificed his own locks to a Hindu temple, but explained that clippings from short hair like his are used mainly as fertilizer or source material for a ubiquitous food additive called L-cysteine (L-cys for short). This amino acid, which gives hair its strength, also gives Noah's bagels their bounce, puts the softness in Tastykakes, and imparts mom-made freshness to Lunchables. It's a meat flavor enhancer and an expectorant, too—and has even turned up on a list of cigarette additives.

Well, I don't know what to say, another group of things I have no appetite for eating anymore.

Human hair isn't the only source of L-cys. You can extract it from poultry feathers or even synthesize it in a lab—although the end product is no different than what you'll get by dumping tons of barbershop waste into vats of hydrochloric acid and separating the coveted compound from the resulting chemical stew. George Cherian, chairman of Indian hair exporter Raj Impex Hair, however, has long been the cheapest source of L-cys. You'd be hard pressed to find a richer source: Human hair contains up to 20 percent cysteine by weight, while duck feathers may yield only about half as much.

. . . and that information does not make me feel any better about the subject!

I hate to be one of those that has to scrutinize every aspect of daily living. When I go to a store and buy food, why can't the things I'm purchasing for consumption, be actually made from what they are supposed to be made from?
I was told by a nutritionist a while back that we should all shop around the perimeter of a grocery store. Anything we see on the center aisles is basically a chemical soup with a dash of vitamins and minerals, tossed in a box. As I have been trying to not be so judgmental in my selections I haven't really adhered to this advise. Unfortunately the more I look around, the more I'm resorting to the basics which coincidentally are found around the perimeter of a grocery store!
Is it all these additives and byproducts that are making us less healthy these days?
There is sugar(or additives) in everything now to make us like it more and when told not to use it the corporations fall on their chemists to come up with alternatives that are even worse then the things they've been asked to replace in the first place!

While most suppliers differentiate between animal and nonanimal sources, the rabbi told me, few distinguish between duck and human. Processors favor human hair "because it's twice as potent," he explained.

I can't help but feel a bit helpless here. We were born hunter gatherers, now we are consumers dependent on capitalistic corporate entities. It's time to see them for what they are, not what they were.

edit on 4/5/2014 by AnteBellum because: add

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Every time you eat a meal you eat a hair, not in the form of this harmless product, but in the form of "microscopic" dust or very small non visible hair floating around, you pretty much can't avoid it.

You talk about us being hunters, well, if hunting and then cooking in the free you will ingest a lot of hair, fur or feathers, dirt, bactus, insects and what not and that could potentionally be a lot more dangerous than this product but it taste awesome....

Some things we really shouldn't worry about as there is no danger to it and if we are told about it being in our food, just ignore it.

This is one of them

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

Nice loaf of Soylent Bread anyone?
Food companies would sell us our own organs for breakfast if they figured out how to make a profit from it.
Its all about the money-If they can get away with buying cheap sheet L-cysteine from china made with human hair,then they will do so.
If they can sell us rotten horse meat from the knackers yard as "beef" they will do it.
Melamine in baby food?If they can profit,why not?
And they have done the above-and probably much worse.

Its like the way they claim GMOs will save the starving masses of the third world-Purleeze,they don't give a toss about the third world,its all about the profit and nothing else.Otherwise they would not use terminator genes to render the crops seeds sterile-forcing farmers to have to buy next years seeds instead of what were free for all farmers for millenia.

edit on 5/4/2014 by Silcone Synapse because: sp

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

Your right, but I can't help but feel there is a difference between accidental contamination and deliberate insertion.

I try to eat and be healthy as much as I can, you know exercise and all of the rest. I am just starting to turn my back on processed foods because the more I hear the more the stuff I'm considering eating is just a chemical soufflé.
I wish I had the time to prepare meals with natural ingredients but I don't, so I resort to the next best thing. Unfortunately I don't think I will be eating anymore packaged or boxed items. It is a sacrifice but it's one that I am willing to make in order to be and feel healthier.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
actually, if you break down everything you eat to its base components, you could quickly become disgusted at any and all of it. The process itself is simply gross.
We eat the sex organs of plants...yum..apple tree testicles. and lettuces vulva..

Then we rip apart animals to chew on their muscles and organs.

Eventually you will simply starve to death due to eating anything is a disgusting necessity.

Best to take a very, very broad view of eating
Its yummy and keeps me alive, regardless of what the details are. then DONT investigate into the microbial reality.

As far as eating hairs and such...meh, I eat hot dogs...hair would be a significant improvement.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I fully understand and you should stay away from "fake" food, i do the same, allways try to go for something fresh and cooking from the bottom my self.

Everything today contains a little "poison" some is added and some is natural but not harmfull directly.

What i'm more worried about is in the long run, the next next generations cause those additivs and waste product like animal medicins and such are all pretty new and not tested for future problems.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Good to see you again SaturnFX, it's been a few years!

I don't mind eating plant sex organs or insects for that fact. And animal organs are a great high protein alternative to plain red/white meats.

But did you say you eat hot dogs?
That's where I have to draw the line!

I would rather drink warm blood and spoiled milk together as they do in africa before eating a hotdog!
Truly disgusting, lol!

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

AnteBellum
But did you say you eat hot dogs?
That's where I have to draw the line!

I would rather drink warm blood and spoiled milk together as they do in africa before eating a hotdog!
Truly disgusting, lol!

I eat:
Hot dogs and sausages
Spam & other tinned meat (to include tuna and occasionally chicken)
cheese in a can
and I am sure other things that would make hot dogs seem like its great foods.

I am however changing my diet...more plants, less animals, and try to avoid the processed stuff. going for health, so exercising and eating right...but I do still have cheat days where a pig would raise an eyebrow.

Way I see it, those 90 year olds that are still functional tend to have a pattern
They are skinny
They will pretty much eat anything, but not a lot of anything
They have a drink or two a day of something
They don't smoke (quit in January).
So...follow their behavior and things should be alright...and yeah, I don't consider the ingredients. So long as its not like...instant death upon consumption, then my body will filter it out.

Oh, and hi

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I saw a documentary about decomposition in a closed house, a few months ago, and at the end, they were showing the result of an experiment they did in parallel.

They "tinted" something that rot and was absorbed by a plant, and when they looked with I don't remember what apparel, we could see the tinted matter's absorption, and distribution throughout the plants growing body and leaves.

Remember what Hubert Reeves said, we are star dust. That got recycled as many life forms before your body created itself with the remains of our ancestors, and all the pooh cows and pigs can make...

No wonder a diaper and a farmland are full of soil... It's the same thing... lol
edit on 5-4-2014 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I'll get my cysteine from meats and eggs. I actually have been avoiding foods with additives in them but know that additives possibly don't have to be listed. They should be required to say there is human hair chemistry added to the food. Of course, they hide it under a name of a chemical.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

This video is interesting if you are interested: (sugar related)

Keybiotics

They make a huge conspiracy declaration in a pretty well thought out video.
edit on 4/5/2014 by AnteBellum because: add

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Candida is a problem. Eating too much carbs can cause problems with an imbalance. We need many types of microbes in proper concentrations in our guts. These little critters love sugar but can also eat proteins causing us some major problems. You can get probiotics from eating a carrot out of the garden, just rinsing or wiping off the dirt. I wouldn't try this with commercial foods though, they have mutated versions on them.

I don't handle lactobaccilis well, my body attacks them I think. Could have something to do with overconsuming milk problems when I was a kid, my uncle drove a Bancroft Dairy truck so the ice creams that were at expiration made it into our freezer. We had more ice cream than most ice cream shops have. No wonder I can't drink milk much anymore. Neither can my kids and grandkids.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
this is such a wonderful planet..

I have received a few requests from pro-lifers like Vicki:
Can you provide some clarity to the Pepsi/cells from aborted babies controversy. I cannot sort out whether this is valid or not.
Yes and No
Bottom line: There are no aborted embryonic or fetal cells in any of PepsiCo’s final products.
But: Aborted cells are used in the development of artificial flavor enhancers by biotech company Senomyx, with which PepsiCo signed a four year 30 million dollar agreement in 2010 for research and development. No Pepsi products containing Senonymx flavor enhancers should be expected until 2013. Senomyx’s disputed cell line is HEK-293, derived from the kidney cells of an aborted baby.
We could go into the weeds at this point, but Wikipedia offers an easy explanation

Senomyx develops patented flavor enhancers by using “proprietary taste receptor-based assay systems.” These receptors are made from HEK293. HEK stands for Human Embryonic Kidney cells. These cells, which were cloned, originally came from healthy, electively aborted human embryos. Using information from the human genome sequence, Senomyx has identified hundreds of taste receptors and currently owns 113 patents on their discoveries. *snip*

link to source

watch the movie CLOUD ATLAS all the way to the end

top topics

join