It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jumping Jesus!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
'Mudder, I'm stuck'

A short video showing a St. John's man trying – and generally failing – to get out of a snowbound house while talking with his frustrated mother has turned into an international sensation. A two-day spring storm this week dumped 40 centimetres of snow to the greater St. John's area, bringing the city to a standstill. Residents have been shovelling out since. The video was taken Tuesday of Barry Horlick trying to escape from his mother's home in the city's Shea Heights neighbourhood. He became stuck in a snowbank, and the back-and-forth dialogue — featuring St. John's accents and vernacular expressions — between Barry and his mother Maureen has set the video soaring.

"Mudder, I'm stuck," Barry yelled out, as he tried to get through a snowbank right on the family's doorstep. When Maureen told him to hold on to the post, that attempt failed, prompting her to cry, "Oh jumping Jesus tonight!" The phrase is a common expression in parts of Newfoundland.

Jumping Jesus

I honestly cannot stop laughing...poor guy had to shovel that!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

heh... only in Canada...

He should know better... Ye gotta have an extra shovel inside for just such an occasion...

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I know right! I laughed at him throwing the shovel. Poor guy needed a bulldozer.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Those folks are from my home city of St. John's, and yes, we do talk like that lol Gotta love us Newfoundlanders

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
post by AccessDenied

Jumpin' Jesus!

This springs to mind..

..Well I guess this will help me sleep tonight, knowing the people in the world are safe once more.

Watch the void.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

OH MY!
Now I remember why I live in the south!! LOL

I remember those cold mornings, and waking up and feeling. "Oh its so nice and warm, I don't wanna get out of my warm soft bed."

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: zysin5

Starting to get cold here already, and the leaves are turning. Think we may be in for a long cold winter, and I just might wake up to this much snow! Brrrr!

new topics

top topics

join