It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US secretly created 'Cuban Twitter' to stir unrest

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

McSpedon didn't work for the CIA.
This was a program paid for and run by the U.S. Agency for International Development, best known for overseeing billions of dollars in U.S. humanitarian aid.

Later when the network reached a critical mass of subscribers, perhaps hundreds of thousands, operators would introduce political content aimed at inspiring Cubans to organize "smart mobs" — mass gatherings called at a moment's notice that might trigger a Cuban Spring, or, as one USAID document put it, "renegotiate the balance of power between the state and society."

The program's legality is unclear: U.S. law requires that any covert action by a federal agency must have a presidential authorization. Officials at USAID would not say who had approved the program or whether the White House was aware of it.

Link

Once again, the U.S. Agency for International Development is responsible for undermining a sovereign government.
U.S. AID was responsible for instigating the Arab Spring, which has led to an estimated 180,000 thousand (and counting) deaths, billions and billions of dollars wasted, and unspeakable human suffering.
Arab Spring

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

Looks like they got a taste for blood after the Indians, and they haven't stopped since

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
yes, nothing new.

all of us who deny ignorance know things like this are happening.

it is interesting it show up in media now; maybe has to do something with fall of US?

glorious works of democracy.

Documents show the U.S. government planned to build a subscriber base through “non-controversial content”: news messages on soccer, music, and hurricane updates. Later when the network reached a critical mass of subscribers, perhaps hundreds of thousands, operators would introduce political content aimed at inspiring Cubans to organize “smart mobs” — mass gatherings called at a moment’s notice that might trigger a Cuban Spring

U.S. secretly created ‘Cuban Twitter’ to stir unrest

"There will be absolutely no mention of United States government involvement," according to a 2010 memo from Mobile Accord Inc., one of the project's creators. "This is absolutely crucial for the long-term success of the service and to ensure the success of the Mission."

Home> Technology US Secretly Built 'Cuban Twitter' to Stir Unrest
edit on 3-4-2014 by demus because: intermiting intermissions

The documents obtained by the Associated Press state the project was led by Joe McSpedon, a US government official, who attracted a team of high-tech wizards from around the globe to set up a site that could reach hundreds of thousands of Cubans.

Exposed: How US created 'Cuban Twitter' to take down Castro

US government trolled Castro with a fake Twitter
edit on 3-4-2014 by demus because: outcasting cloaked misfits

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Whats the USA obsession with string up trouble in Cuba?

I just don't see what the point in all the sanctions and trouble making.

Why not just let Cuba be?

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

crazyewok

to prove the point that capitalism is 100% good and communism is 100% bad.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

crazyewok

Because Cuba flipped the bird at Uncle Sam 50 years ago and he hasn't gotten over it yet. Cuba is one of the most traveled places for Canadians though.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
When i hear stuff like this ,it really make me feel un-proud to be American. ...

And if i feel this way in my own homeland ,i can only imagine what the world abroad feels....

This just proves to me that the U.S three letter agency are really in the market for causing country's up rise .....

But im positive they if they (the three letter agency's) are caught red handed ,their excuse will be "we are doing it for tye people !"

Nay ! I say ! , who set America as the standard way of life ? ....

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

The unrest and discontent is already providing a means for people to communicate with others only allows for organization. After the Soviet collapse in 1991 unrest in Cuba was very high, had they had something like twitter back then the protest movement that had begun may have been able to overthrow the government. Unfortunately for the Cubans, the government was able to imprison and disappear the most vocal individuals in that movement.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

demus

But it does not prove any point though if America interferes.

If communism failed 100% in Cuba on its own then that proves a point.

If it fails cause the USA is sticking its nose in then it just shows country's fail when the USA interferes.
edit on 3-4-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

crazyewok

demus

But it does not prove any point though if America interferes.

If communism failed 100% in Cuba on its own then that proves a point.

If it fails cause the USA is sticking its nose in then it just shows country's fail when the USA interferes.
edit on 3-4-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

it still proves the point if nobody knows USA interfered, worked very well so many times.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

had they had something like twitter back then the protest movement that had begun may have been able to overthrow the government. Unfortunately for the Cubans, the government was able to imprison and disappear the most vocal individuals in that movement. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I understand that, and I am no supporter of Communist Dictatorships, however I struggle to believe this was done solely to give voiceless, oppressed Cuban folk a voice.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

demus
[

it still proves the point if nobody knows USA interfered,

That boat left in the 60's when the USA placed economy crippling embargo on Cuba

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

crazyewok

demus
[

it still proves the point if nobody knows USA interfered,

That boat left in the 60's when the USA placed economy crippling embargo on Cuba

come on, people don't even remember what happened 10 - 20 years ago in their own countries, with some mild propaganda and an imminent threat of pointed stick armored foreign mercenary brigades people will believe almost anything.

what I'm trying to say is that the more time pass from specific event it is easier to cover up the truth.
edit on 3-4-2014 by demus because: changing archetipical meanings

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

So this is perfectly acceptable, yet sanctions are being put down against Russia for going into Crimea? How do the U.S. get to play high and mighty against the rest of the world when they spend so much time doing things which are equally as bad, if not worse? Slightly hypocritical.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Even if this is true, and I am not saying it's not.

Who is that really on ?

The 'US" ?

Or the people who are dumb enough to believe everything they read on the 'internet's' to start go around destroying property, and killing other people ?

Simply because they read it on the net!

edit on 3-4-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ayana

How do the U.S. get to play high and mighty against the rest of the world when they spend so much time doing things which are equally as bad, if not worse? Slightly hypocritical. -

Worse than hypocritical, really.
If communism is bad (which I believe to be true) then let it fail by it's own merits, or lack of.
When others use subterfuge to discredit, an argument can be made that the reason for failure was the meddling of others, not the fact it was a bad idea to begin with.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Oaktree
reply to post by SirMike

had they had something like twitter back then the protest movement that had begun may have been able to overthrow the government. Unfortunately for the Cubans, the government was able to imprison and disappear the most vocal individuals in that movement. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I understand that, and I am no supporter of Communist Dictatorships, however I struggle to believe this was done solely to give voiceless, oppressed Cuban folk a voice.

Lol really? You do know that there are democratic elections down there, right? The elections usually result in over 80% of popular support to maintain the current system which has always maintained, constitutionally, guaranteed food, free healthcare, free education in any field, a guaranteed job, etc etc. you know, all those things that many Americans wish they had.

Anyways...

Here's a first-hand account by a Cuban academic, and double-agent, on how CIA agents flip people in Latin America in order to push for a manufactured cause conducted by US state officials. He states that US aid is specifically used to fund CIA activities and embassies are CIA fronts.

Ex-CIA agent reveals how Venezuelan “students” get putschist training

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Twitter turned evil about six months ago and if you sent more than a couple of tweets putting Google down about all it's spyware then you might notice after a few days that few if anyone is talking to you and if you open another account and check then you will see that most of your tweeets are not being sent out.

In the case of Google it's mutal censorship and both agree to do hide any bad press but once you have thrown Youtube in as well then you are left with a monopoly that decides what you can and cannot read without really looking.

According to Twitter half the world web-sites now have a virus on them or are sending out spam so don't try to embed a link to a none controlled sourse.

Not only that but I think Twitter now makes it's money not from adverts but by taking fees to protect corporations from any bad PR.

I have tested this theory and cannot give you full details but I picked on Corporation "A" using one of the many twitter accounts I have and said anything I wanted without being blocked and then did the same with Corporation "B" using more or less the same words and was blocked in no time.

Twitter is a tool for the NWO and if they want you to think that everyone is on side "A" when most people are on side "B" then that is just what they do, it's not rocket science they just hide tweets from everyone except you or maybe known friends.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Vovin

Oaktree
reply to post by SirMike

Lol really? You do know that there are democratic elections down there, right? The elections usually result in over 80% of popular support to maintain the current system which has always maintained, constitutionally, guaranteed food, free healthcare, free education in any field, a guaranteed job, etc etc. you know, all those things that many Americans wish they had.

Ex-CIA agent reveals how Venezuelan “students” get putschist training

I guess the sarcasm I was attempting didn't come through in that post.
I am aware that most Cubans are not the poor, oppressed, voiceless peasants that they are often made out to be in the U.S. media.

Hence, this was not done for the benefit of Cuba,
but for the benefit of "U.S. interests".

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
America's stance and treatment of Cuba is truly a scandal.
It's 2014 and US citizens cannot fly from the US to Cuba, travel bans and there are still sanctions.
With all of the real issues and terrorists and rogue states in the world, America still regards Cuba as a threat and an enemy and actively go out of its way to disrupt, harm and impoverish the citizens and keep tabs on their political views.

America is the single biggest threat to world peace on the planet and the most paranoid, snooping nation too.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join