It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kenai Alaska, UFO spotted headed towards volcano MT. Redoubt

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GoShredAK

The shape you talk about doesn't really sound like a typical drone. Are there any military bases in the area or any places that may be testing technology like that for something like blockhead or Boeing? The local airport applied for drone testing but was turned down, kind of glad of that. It is a small airport but it does have local flyers who have planes there. A drone could do a lot of damage to a small plane in a collision. Commercial flights are on a schedule, that wouldn't be a problem. You can even rent planes here if you have a pilots license, when I was taking lessons it was about forty bucks an hour plus fuel. At that time it was reasonable, you could fly to somewhere a hundred miles away and back in two hours, you could have the plane all day, they only counted flight meter time.

Boy, I can sure got sidetracked and go off topic easy.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

AK907ICECOLD

Hey Shred, now that I've been thinking about it. I have a few ideas as to what you may have seen that I too as you described have witnessed.

If the surface of any plane was to change course and tilt for a matter of 30-60 seconds and catch the sun and cause a glare for a moment only a few people from a certain perspective would catch it. There are more planes than you think that in one given day fly around Mt Redoubt from Anch and Kenai airport. You did say it was sunny right?

I have seen this glare from planes before an when a tilt is done, the plane almost dissapears.

I bet you saw a plane IMO. Nothing more, nothing less.

Just a thought Bro
edit on 2-4-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-4-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: Cant put a sentence together, lol

Thanks AK. I do appreciate the contribution for sure.

But man I gotta say I can't even come close to thinking this was a plane.

It was too silent, appeared wingless, seemed to hover as if propulsed not by engine and was able to maintain it's path without wings.

It was sunny, another beautiful day. It was 11:00 am and the sun was high in the sky behind us. (wife and I were looking out the kitchen window, then onto the back deck)

There were no reflections, this thing was just plain white and oblong (a cross between an egg and a peanut is my best shape description)

Also it never made a single maneuver. It just seemed to glide/hover in a straight line until out of sight.

I tried really hard to see that it was just a plane or bird or drone even. Wasn't happening, it was weird, my skeptical wife is unable to explain it either.

edit on 3-4-2014 by GoShredAK because: Oops

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

rickymouse

The shape you talk about doesn't really sound like a typical drone. Are there any military bases in the area or any places that may be testing technology like that for something like blockhead or Boeing? The local airport applied for drone testing but was turned down, kind of glad of that. It is a small airport but it does have local flyers who have planes there. A drone could do a lot of damage to a small plane in a collision. Commercial flights are on a schedule, that wouldn't be a problem. You can even rent planes here if you have a pilots license, when I was taking lessons it was about forty bucks an hour plus fuel. At that time it was reasonable, you could fly to somewhere a hundred miles away and back in two hours, you could have the plane all day, they only counted flight meter time.

Boy, I can sure got sidetracked and go off topic easy.

I've since concluded it probably was not a drone (unless some highly advanced secret model was being tested)

The only reason I thought that may be a possibility is because of it's plain white color and the fact that it was clearly NOT a small airplane or bird.

However the absence of wings kills that idea for me.

This seemed like some anti-gravity type stuff.

And it was so quiet.

The only military base is about 300 miles away....

I know this thread won't really go anywhere being as I have zero evidence.

I just got excited and had to share. And I like coming to ATS to report the strange stuff I see.

(I don't really have the money, but after all this I'm thinking I should consider buying one of those cameras from my work....)
edit on 3-4-2014 by GoShredAK because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

You can buy cameras for fifty bucks that used to cost a hundred fifty bucks if you get older models from the store. I got a good camera, but according to today's standards it is not good. It has a great lens so it takes great pictures at only two megapixel.

I bought mine long ago and it wasn't cheap. The lens system is very expensive.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I'm pretty embarrassed about my OP

Somehow I missed some silly mistakes with grammar.

sorry about that everybody, I don't like posting an ugly OP with mistakes.

oh well.

edit on 3-4-2014 by GoShredAK because: oops

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
One summer day in 1992 I was outside on a friends porch smoking a cigarette after a long day helping him pull the motor out of a Toyota pickup truck. It was getting dusk out and beautiful sunset in the northwest. Out front a flash caught my eye and I saw a oblong egg shaped UFO moving very very slowly across the sky heading directly North. It was shiny like a mirror and you can see the reflection of sun, tree's, houses, vehicles etc on it's belly. It has no markings like this picture does, but it is eerily the same. It was seamless, no markings, no fuselage/cockpit, no motor's, propellers, no sound. It just traveled the same direction till it went out of sight over the mountain for a good 20 minutes the three of us watched it. It was probably 5 times larger in scale than what this drawing looks like...

UFO
edit on 3-4-2014 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

GoShredAK

oh well.

edit on 3-4-2014 by GoShredAK because: oops
Had to star you Bro, I laughed at that only because I did the same thing when I started one of my first posts...

So embarrassed, that if not already possible to stick my head further up my ass.

You'll never know unless you ask....or edit*.

There's no such thing as a stupid question, unless your .... Uhh.

This applies more to me than you Shred!

edit on 3-4-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-4-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: *or edit. and edit. over and over..

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sean

Man, thanks for the reply! This is what I was hoping for. Our sightings sound very similar to each other

oblong egg shaped UFO moving very very slowly

this part for sure, except what I saw looked slightly odd shaped like a peanut, not perfectly egg shaped. (could have been my eyes though)
and it also was moving quite slowly, about the speed of small 2-4 person airplane I think.

It was shiny like a mirror and you can see the reflection of sun

What I saw I viewed as completely white in color, but it may have been reflective? I just did not perceive it that way.

It was seamless, no markings, no fuselage/cockpit, no motor's, propellers, no sound.

spot on! you could be describing my UFO right now.

traveled the same direction till it went out of sight over the mountain

Again! very very much the same.

It was probably 5 times larger in scale than what this drawing looks like...

That sounds just about right as well....

Thanks again!

I am pretty sure we've seen a craft similar to the picture you provided.

3.bp.blogspot.com...

this pic is pretty close too, minus the slight peanut like concave

ufoomnibus.com...

edit on 3-4-2014 by GoShredAK because: Edit

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I lived in Kenai, Alaska when I was a kid. Beautiful country and ice cold winters. If something or someone wants to hide up there they would have no problem it's a big place.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AK907ICECOLD

GoShredAK

oh well.

Had to star you Bro, I laughed at that only because I did the same thing when I started one of my first posts...

So embarrassed, that if not already possible to stick my head further up my ass.

You'll never know unless you ask....or edit*.

There's no such thing as a stupid question, unless your .... Uhh.

This applies more to me than you Shred!

Man AK, I just read this for the first time.......awesome.

Hope your doing well brother

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Good man. Driving down to homer to hop on the Kinocot to the big Island hahaha

PErsonal message me if you not busy this Sat afternoon. I'll be in Kenai for a couple hours

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Hello , is anyone there??

This thread has been dead for awhile now, thought I could give my account on this certain sighting and have my husbands back
Let me start off by saying that I have always been skeptical of stories about ufo sightings, including my husbands claims . I agree, that he has seen a few ufos or unknown lights and has never had any video or photo "proof." I have always listened and nodded, threw in a little ooh and wow for interest , and tell him how crazy it is that he has seen something else in the sky.

Shred has already gave the background story, so cut to him asking me what that it is over there ? (pointing out the window to the sky) I didn't see it at first, so we went outside to the porch real fast and he's pointing and saying "right there! RIGHT THERE! Dont you see it?! What the hell is that ?! After about 5 seconds I finally saw it, and just barely in time !

It was white , super round in shape and looked like it was pretty low and not moving very fast. Before too long at all it was gone. It must have been traveling fast, even though it looked as if it wasn't moving at all. To me it just zipped straight and disappeared as fast as you can blink.

Shred is crazy
but I can vouch for him in this circumstance that we did see some bizarre object in the sky, in the early afternoon on a beautiful, clear , Alaskan summer day. I'm glad I was there to witness it with him, and I'm betting on it not being the last time 💚

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I've seen them several times in my life...
Bright white oval shaped wingless objects in the sky during the day...
Sometimes stationary other times moving slowly changing directions and even disturbing clouds...
But the best is to see them move at great speed because when they do they do so rather oddly...
Sort of skipping along or moving like a frog swims...
It also makes no sense to me why they move like this when they fly fast... Because when they fly slow it's smooth and steady...
Also id like to say when i say with speed i mean it... super fast seemingly impossible speed... Nothing we have flys this fast...
I even got a picture of one and posted it on here once...
I made a thread called "a ufo until" or something like that...

As cool as these are I have seen and had way better experiences...
edit on 3-2-2017 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Where were you when I posted this?!

I coulda used that post a long time ago, not saying it's your fault this very real amazing experience of mine received little more than mockery back when I posted it but............If it was someone else fault it might have been yours

Sorry I am totally joking, hopefully it meshed with your sense of humor by chance, I am in a good mood.

Anyway, I think it is extremely interesting to finally read someone else describe something the same as what what we saw. Just they way I am reading your post it is obvious to me you know as well as I do what you have seen, which are apparently the same types of objects.

The account as I presented it in this particular OP is very hard to take seriously and that is much more clear to me these years later. Primarily due to my poor thread form and just me being a drastically less mature man despite a difference of only a few years.

Also for a reason I still embrace today and that is my ability to see crazy things and not over react because it is easy for me to entertain all possibilities without completely subscribing to any of them.

Since the part of me that believes all things are possible coexists with the side of me that views that as a scientifically false cliche lacking logic, In total harmony. I am more mentally prepared for more potential eventuality's than your average Joe.

Point being, I posted such an amazing experience in such a nonchalant way when most people imagine such a sighting as something majorly profound.

What I felt was moderate awe, a strong sense of bafflement, excitement and joy, mild vindication, Inspiration,....ect, culminating in a faded confusion and a memory I retain as a accolade from my spiritual journey.

Which when all combined could mean profound, but I felt each to such a minor degree, and was left not knowing the meaning behind the experience. So it was not profound, it was kind of special, it confirmed to myself that I actually believe in what I claim. It did not scare me, make me think I am crazy or any of that.

I think UFO skeptics have a harder time even imagining how they would react, let alone someone else. They stereotypical response would be to loose your $h!t like a dork.

In reality it is kind of like seeing an apparition (kinda) like a not scary one..........or a huge beautiful fireball burn up in our atmosphere. It can in a way be like when we as individuals receive what we perceive as a sign that proves our beliefs, or maybe cheating death.

It can be kind of like those things, just a slightly above average event that sticks out in your mind a little bit, or yes, it could possibly be ultra intense and life altering.

What my wife and I saw was really trippy. I still cannot escape that fact in my mind that the thing we were both witnessing was literally, no $h!t some sort of flying egg.

No other way to look at it, unless a totally mysterious optical illusion that seems more far fetched then a flying egg shaped object.

Two witnesses, one of whom was not was not into UFOs at all and all her life had the automatic response to mock and not take such talk seriously. She was not a believer in UFOs, just totally rolled her eyes at any story, and every conspiracy.

She has finally become an exceptional member here and was kind enough to share how she saw it that day. Had she not been there as a secondary witness I probably would have convinced myself I was seeing things by now.

Knowing it was real, what the heck was it?

I lean towards ultra advanced military drone,

Space Fleet personal. Space military,

Extra terrestrial craft,

Interdenemsional bleed through between parallel universes,

Remnants and residual glitches from time travel,

Same as above but because reality is a simulation,

Manifested from our own thoughts, as in a projection of something created within the subconscious.

Those at what come to mind initially......not listed in any order of probability.

No matter which of those answers is true, it could be bad news or awesome.

If it is none of those, I find that disconcerting.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
I've seen them several times in my life...
Bright white oval But the best is to see them move at great speed because when they do they do so rather oddly...
Sort of skipping along or moving like a frog swims...
It also makes no sense to me why they move like this when they fly fast... Because when they fly slow it's smooth and steady...
Also id like to say when i say with speed i mean it... super fast seemingly impossible speed... Nothing we have flys this fast...
I even got a picture of one and posted it on here once...
I made a thread called "a ufo until" or something like that...

As cool as these are I have seen and had way better experiences...

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Sadly only people who have seen thing's for themselves will believe you... I know this all too well... Perhaps it can be of some small comfort to you knowing I have seen this also... Because I also know the self doubt that can come from trying to share with others...
If ever you get another opportunity to view I want you to try something...
Mentally challenge what you are seeing tell it that you do...
But be prepared for it to respond in grandiose fashion!
*Yes I have done this... I'll just say the results were beyond explaination... And friends that were with me still refuse to talk to me about it to this day... The most I can get them to say is "I remember" and blank stares, a look of fear, or a few silent tears...
For what its worth if at all...
I believe you...

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle

If ever you get another opportunity to view I want you to try something...
Mentally challange what you are seeing tell it that you do...
But be prepared for it to respond in grandiose fashion!
*Yes I have done this... I'll just say the results were beyond explaination... And friends that were with me still refuse to talk to me about it to this day... The most I can get them to say is "I remember" and blank stares, a look of fear, or a few silent tears...
For what its worth if at all...
I believe you...

I appreciate this post more than you would believe. Literally have been waiting for you guys to show up for years.

I totally believe what you are saying about projecting intentions towards the UFO, I have read about this many times , especially within the plethora of awesome UFO threads here at ATS.

This concept also supports one of my favorite theories as to what these things are.

I sometimes contemplate the possibility that UFOs are manifestations of human thoughts, or intentions that take physical form when the energy in the area, or of the observer(s) is spiritually attuned enough. Like projections from the human mind in a sense.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

The real UFOs may be just what you say. There are other craft out there that seem more "nuts and bolts" (i.e., man made machines).

The one I saw was here in Anchorage. For some reason there were no planes up or in coming. I spot this light to the south, it drops half in height over a span of (from my view point) less a third of the Chugiak. While doing so it bloomed orange for a bit. As it is covering the last 2/3rds of the mountains it is dropping in altitude.

It passed just north of JBER. It then went over the inlet, turned south, it did not pass over Anchorage Intl. airport, then looped back towards the mountains. I am standing there in the cold in the middle of town watching this thing at (guesstimate) 20,000 ft. And it continues to descend! Next pass is right down 6th/highway. As it passes over head, I can see three lights and they form an isosceles triangle. The are white-blue. No sound what so ever. This thing is doing frigging laps over Anchorage and me nearly in the middle!

Next pass is nearly directly over head! I jump up and yell, "Go A___0!!" for the black triangle stuff he talked about here on ATS. On this lap it will be passing in between me and the moon. Right as it does, it starts to shimmer, then I could see the moon BEHIND it. I can still see the lights underneath but I can also see the moon. After another lap, I decide to finish the walk home and grab something to take a photo. And to call friends on either side of town.

It is still doing laps but not dropping in altitude. I get home, grab what I can, an ipod, a camera, binocs, a cell phone. Call my buddy on the east side, he sees it. Call my buddy on the west side, he see something, then my phone died. Snap a photo with my ipod but is just a point of light. Same with the buddy on the east side--he got a point of light too.

Anyway, a small plane started circling the inlet. FUD I guess. A way to obfuscate any reports. A few more things happen like it made a prop plane noise but did not Doppler as it flew over. Also did a jet noise over the inlet before coming back around. Bladder full, freezing, no device to capture this, I went inside.

My thoughts: a machine. A kick @ss one but still just a machine. That was about a 20 minute sighting. You never know how you will react until you see one! That was a couple years ago, 2015 (I think. I have it written down and the whole encounter on the black triangle, breakaway civ discussion thread)

Keep watching the skis! (stupid two-plankers! lol)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

You may be more experienced than you realize or perhaps just well versed in the experiences of others because of the deep interest such a profound event has upon you... For as you know it becomes ingrained in you and can even overwhelm you to the point of obsession...
I will just say your speculation is not far from the truth... As for being spiritually attuned... I will say they have the ability to vibrate your very essence enabling you to see them for much more than these shiny orbs... The silence associated with them in this state when raised to their level of consciousness by them always brings about the strangest electrical charge felt all around you and the strange humming noise... This sounds alot like being very near very high voltage power lines... Except the way the humming drone oscillating and varying in volume is felt as much as heard... And sound's alot like Tibetan monks entering meditative state... AUM AUM AUM... I found out years later this is the same noise our sun Sol makes... This is what I call being vibrated or raised because after the effects of this an absolute connection is established both visually and mentally...
Many things have been revelead to me for the first time in my life in this state... Only to be reaffirmed later in what are normally deemed new discoveries...
Because of this I firmly believe advanced knowledge is being gifted to mankind.. But the response to one question I posed in my mind to them still has the greatest effect on me... When asking in my mind who are you? The response I got was we are yours...

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
I am stoked you posted brotha! Up here I think we are surrounded by UFO, mysterious, paranormal, crypto zoological, ect, prime territory.
It is an epic place and I am glad to have always found my way back home.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join