It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I Saw Was Undoubtedly ‘not’ Of This World

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ATSZOMBIE

No it was not a military stealth Jet..... god sake.

(post by D0M1N0 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

D0M1N0
reply to post by sparrowstail

Yea I have, its the ones from the satalitte/station footage in space, comes close to orbit then changes direction like a tick shape and blasts off.

This is what I was thinking of when reading your descriptions.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
This is great. I am literally making my own conspiracy here. Thank you for deleting that last post ATS, you cant of found my continuance of laughter on topic enough lol. Cant a guy express himself when someone is clearly looking for the most outrageous claims? I started writing what I saw last year. It has been spell checked for obvious reasons. I am also dyslexic, I have issues with were and where thank you for pointing that out.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I've shared this before on another forum; I feel I should share it here too. Just recently astronaut Leroy Chiao has come forward with his sighting --mine was very similar in number, and configuration of objects, and I posted it long before Leroy came out. I would be happy to take any kind of lie detector test, but probably won't respond much on the forum here --p.m. me. I tried to create a whole new topic, but was unable to --perhaps because I just joined?? Anyway..

An interesting thing happened to me on May 14, 2010. That whole week I had been driving from Eugene, Oregon to work in Lake Oswego, Oregon (USA) in the morning and then driving back to Eugene after work (on I-5, 11o miles); my dad had been diagnosed with prostate cancer and was undergoing medical procedures that week, so I wanted to be there to be supportive. That Friday, May 14, I was driving back to Eugene and witnessed something extraordinary. Everything was lush and the trees were thick, but as I neared milepost 270 the trees gave way to pastures and I could look out West, to the mountains. As I looked West I was shocked to notice five bright round lights in a row (spaced evenly) that appeared to hover over the mountains in the distance; they were at a slight angle to the horizon, 5 degrees or so off the horizontal. As I continued to look (awestruck), I noticed that the lights dimmed slightly and were actually metallic spheres; the top of each sphere slightly reflected the blue light of the sky. The spheres seemed to have been large, perhaps 30 to 40 feet across to appear as large as they did from my perspective. The spheres hovered there in a row glowing slightly, seeming to slightly bob in the air for about fifteen seconds or so, and then seemed to slowly disappear from right to left, as I drove on; I was shocked. Ten seconds later, all five spheres reappeared, this time much closer, and nearer to I-5, but up in the sky, apparently jumping from the mountains to the West to that location. This time all five spheres glowed brightly red, and were in a slightly different configuration; four were in a line at a slight angle to the horizon, while one was a bit lower, kind of a lopsided triangle formation –this lasted for about ten seconds, then all disappeared again. I was completely shocked by the experience and didn’t mention it to my parents until the following evening. Doing a little research online later, I discovered that that Friday had been the first night of the McMinnville UFO festival, where Stanton Friedman was speaking. Initially I was confused and thought I saw the objects near Salem (that error is still on the Mufon site, I need to contact them). Later I drove the stretch and recognized certain trees and landmarks, and I googled a map of Oregon to pinpoint where I had seen the objects; drawing a line west from that point on I-5 towards the spot where I saw them, directly intersected McMinnville, actually very near the Trent farm (a co-worker grew up right next to them) –the objects were near or directly over McMinnville that evening. You can imagine how I felt upon discovering that fact… I called MUFON, and was interviewed by investigators –there was and still is no conventional explanation for what I experienced that Friday. I'd love to take a lie detector test. I was very disturbed by the whole affair.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by D0M1N0

I have seen very similar craft recently in the last year.

I was driving home one evening with my gf (going north) and we both witnessed just like you described, there were 2 lights almost coasting along slowly almost stationary side by side then one bolted off with the other seemingly following it or somehow in sync with it because within seconds they were gone out of our sight and they had a very different look to how they moved from what I'm used to seeing. We both were in awe over seeing them because we knew there was something off about what we saw.

What color were the lights you saw?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by D0M1N0

Facinating story, thanks. Some people who had contact were told that the sightings would increase in the years to come and they seem to be doing just that. I have seen a few strange things in the sky myself - including an orange ball of fire with 'flames' coming out of it. They were not really flames, they were more like bits of it breaking off and dissolving.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by HackedAlias

Sounds very similar mate. Where did you see this? The y where very white bright lights.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

markymintThese objects, moving stars, fastwalkers - whatever you want to call them - the dots of light that move at unconventional speeds - are the things I'm currently most interested in. So always good to read a story like yours that backs up their existence even further, thanks! S&F

edit on 1-4-2014 by markymint because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-4-2014 by markymint because: (no reason given)

Myself and a few friends saw this phenomena over southern UK in the summer of 1990/91 (can't remember exactly).

We were fishing (i hate fishing) and i was on my back staring up at all the stars in the night sky.

Suddenly one of those points of light - no different to it's companions - moved very quickly to another part of the sky and stopped dead.

'Did i just see that ?', i'm thinking!

Then it moved again at a right angle across the sky, stopped a few moments, then moved again. It was incredibly fast - bouncing around the sky like a stellar pinball.

I called my friends over and thankfully they saw it too. It carried on for maybe a couple minutes.

I changed my position to see if it moved in relation to the other stars - it didn't. That means it was very high and covering huge distances, as well as being either very big or very bright in order for me to see it at such a great distance.

My friends got spooked when i started jumping up and down yelling "I'm here..." (i was young

edit on 1-4-2014 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by McGinty

I called my friends over and thankfully they saw it too. It carried on for maybe a couple minutes. My friends got spooked when i started jumping up and down yelling "I'm here…" (i was young

Lol, that was "strange, love(d)" it.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
A truly excellent job of reporting. Jaw-dropping, especially considering you have no pictures, but have described this sighting, complete with illustrations, in the excellent manner you have. This is the best documentation of its type I have ever seen. If everyone were as observant and skilled in reporting as you are our database of sighting reports would be improved exponentially.

But, what you saw were nocturnal lights in the sky that maneuvered and traveled quickly. In that respect the description is no different than many other sightings. The fact that you know many different aircraft types, both foreign and domestic, is excellent, but in this case you couldn't see well enough to identify them. All you saw is lights in the sky.

So, as with all nocturnal lights, where do you think we can go with this? Is there any further information to be derived from this sighting that could potentially enhance our understanding, or are we limited to concluding that you saw some lights in the sky?
edit on 4/1/2014 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
OP, you might enjoy reading the books at the NICAP website; especially the Donald Keyhoe books, Flying Saucers Are Real and Flying Saucers From Outerspace (the ones with the great art deco covers!)

NICAP free books

They're a very interesting and easy read about what the military was willing to admit they saw on scopes and in person before the lid of secrecy came down. Rather funny watching them try to explain craft maneuvering at 20,000 mph and heading out of the atmosphere back in 1950...

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

The old reports hold a lot of good info. Especially for the folks who believe it's all Earth based high tech.

My father was an Air Force colonel who saw two structured objects cavorting in the Nevada desert in the early 1950's and he was positive they were not "ours." They defied physics as we know them with nearly every movement.

That doesn't preclude some hidden Earth based civ, I guess, but as space is so very vast... I'd guess at least some of these things originate out there.

Weird phenom and I wish the answers were more concrete... or maybe the point is to nudge us toward a less concrete philosophy, hmm?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Well, even taking the sighting at face value and assuming every bit to be true, what more can be done with it? Congratulations, OP, you saw something weird. As for it being absolutely not of this earth, I'm afraid "unidentified" trumps that conclusion, even if you're an expert. Because nobody is an expert at everything that could possibly be flying around in the sky or in space at any given moment. And nobody knows what they don't know.

So. Cool. You get a cookie. Should we alert the major news media and have them declare that proof of ET civilization has been found? Eh... let's hold off on that.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by nrd101

Thanks for saying what I was thinkin...
Any time someone makes that bold of a statement you have to question why is it that they want you to think so.
"I'm military and have this clearance, so obviously I know about every single thing on or in this world."
Yea, ok, sure you do.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

What I Saw Was Undoubtedly ‘not’ Of This World
posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:48 AM

i saw you posting yesterday
why did you not post this yesterday or wait until tomorrow?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I'm pretty convinced there is something here studying or watching us. I've seen enough witness accounts of military personnel to believe. I wish our government would come out and tell us what they know. I think there would be a major backlash from religious wacko's.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

Personally I think there are several species of et's that are watching and studying us from close and afar. I also think there is some activity going on on the far side of the moon as well as possibly somewhere else not far off. Its also possible some et's have cloaking technology too.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by D0M1N0

I was in Wyoming, and was on a county road at the time going north/north west and they were going roughly the same direction. It was July/August and around 8-9pm, just about dusk. The lights we saw started very bright and kind of changed to have a green hue before they fully accelerated and we lost sight of them but they maintained their bright intensity.

It was hard to gain much perspective on the exact direction they were going at first (straight up or slowly straight) since we were in a car at the time but it looked like they went up very high in altitude first and then darted off into the horizon.

I never saw more than just the lights, so I have never formed an opinion one way or the other, being man made or not. Either way, awesome that you had a similar experience.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join