It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nutmeg

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 05:55 AM
link   
While cruising the Erowid vaults, someting caught my eye
One of the listed drugs was Nutmeg!! Link And before I had only thought that this was a harmless spice
Now, I don't doubt the validity of Erowid, but this seems so far out. If anyone here has tried nutmeg as a drug please reply and tell me of your experience

XA
S

[Edited on 25-5-2003 by xaos]

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Yep its true, nutmeg is a potent holosenogenec(sp).
Ingesting it is hard and you usually need about 3 full nuts for any effect. The coming down experience is awlful though. One almost becomes sucidial. Not recommended. For nuts only!!!.

[Edited on 25-5-2003 by Maddas]

[Edited on 25-5-2003 by Maddas]

arc

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I tried it (along with catnip and baked banana skins) at some murky point in my experimental past. Obviously didn't use enough though as it had no effect.

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 06:23 AM
link   
You tried bananaLOL
The whole bananadine thing in the Anarchist Cookbook was a hoax. Baked banana skins do nothing to you, as the active ingredient, Bananadine, doesnt exist.

And I am not sure, but I think you have to be feline to truly enjoy catnip, unfortunately
Though I think it makes a good tea and can be used in holistic medicine.

XAOS

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Ewww......Catnip!

Try this:

Fill the pot with a mugfull of milk and bring to the boil slowly....once it starts to bubble...add some butter and a bit of sugar.
Pour it back into the mug and give a stir....add a pinch of nutmeg or cinnamon and stir again.

This is called: Hot Milk!!!!

Great for colds and if you can't sleep!

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 06:43 AM
link   
As soon as I have cooking apparatus I will try it

XAOS

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I've heard it's been used by people held in juvenile detention for a buzz.

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Actually, catnip DOES give humans a mild buzz and has been used by herbalists for centuries to reduce anxiety and calm nervous stomachs.

The tea tastes like weeds, though (and you have to let it steep for awhile.) Best mixed in with a nice herbal tea like chamomile. Humans vary in susceptibility. A friend of mine gets a real buzz on a single cup of it. Takes me several cups to get to the point that he gets on one cup.

Smoking it... eh, it's kind of iffy.

It is legal. If you're going to try it, do get the best quality (most expensive) brand; preferably flavor sealed.

If you can stand the taste (doesn't bother me) you can also chew it. Still tastes rather weedy.

Home grown stuff doesn't seem as potent.

...and that's probably more than you ever wanted to know about catnip, right?

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 10:41 AM
link   
That is everything I ever wanted to know about catnip. Are there any side effect, bad memory or anything?

XAOS

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Cloves (Latin name Syzygium aromaticum) - another common spice that in excessive quantity may cause delirium, dizziness, nausea and other symptoms. I used to smoke clove cigarettes in college (don't even ask me how many years ago that was). They were potent little buggers - gave you a good buzz.

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 01:20 PM
link   
My friends tried nutmeg in high school, also with little luck. Uh, if you want a buzz, probably the most direct way is with majijuana, though. Why waste your time on nutmeg or catnip?

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freddie
Uh, if you want a buzz, probably the most direct way is with majijuana, though. Why waste your time on nutmeg or catnip?

I'm a herb nut and grow herbs for their medicinal and culinary uses only. Although some of my husbands (bonehead) friends ask if they can smoke any of the stuff growing in the garden - I think they're just trying to be funny.

Catnip along with chamomile, lavender and lemon balm are good herbs to use at night just before bed - kind of like sleepy time tea that's made by one of those big herbal tea companies. I make my herbs into teas, haven't tried smoking any of them.

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 03:17 PM
link   
And I thought your husband's name was Herbert! Thanks for the info on sleepy tea. I tend to stay away from tea since I am allergic to caffeine. I will look into it further as I often have trouble sleeping (explains why I post at 3:30 a.m. sometimes).

new topics

top topics

join