It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious unidentified flying object photographed over Texas

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Anytime that's what we're here for

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Abavs
reply to post by pianopraze

This must be global, testing of a new craft cause I seen air tracks as well at random times of the day with no planes in site in Australia.

I would say that 99.9% of the time, you will find it is just a commercial flight that you are seeing and you can track these online with various websites/smartphone apps. In Australia though, there is a very small chance that you could be seeing something from BAE's test site at Woomera.
They are currently testing the Taranis UCAV demonstrator out there;

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   

waynos

Abavs
reply to post by pianopraze

This must be global, testing of a new craft cause I seen air tracks as well at random times of the day with no planes in site in Australia.

I would say that 99.9% of the time, you will find it is just a commercial flight that you are seeing and you can track these online with various websites/smartphone apps. In Australia though, there is a very small chance that you could be seeing something from BAE's test site at Woomera.
They are currently testing the Taranis UCAV demonstrator out there;

That went back to the UK last year, I was talking to the BAE engineers who were over here with it, and no, unless you are in the Woomera range area, you wont just see it, they fly it in Woomera (other ranges exist) because there are different Aviation rules which mean you can fly experimental aircraft - I may be wrong about America but no UAV is allowed to fly in commercial or FAA controlled airspace, not sure if in the US you can fly unmanned vehicles outside of ranges, but unmanned and experimental aircraft in commercial airspace is pushing the boundaries a bit far unless they have FAA certification.

It may be a black project that has flight certification - I would check out with Zaphod in the Aircraft section, likely to be there if it is a mature black project with the certification to fly over cities?

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   

JewelOfDenial
reply to post by Agartha

Try actually reading a thread before commenting. Your sarcasm was poor btw.

Charming! Have a great day kind sir/madam.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SirDrinksalot

Your correct that the Taranis wouldn't fly over populated areas and in the US they have to have a chase plane.

I would say that what he saw was a commercial jet that's why I asked him to tell me when he sees one because i could just look it up and tell him what it was.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Ok. I thought they'd gone back to Woomera again

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
wow delta wing commercial jet? Which one is that then

[
quote] Stealthbomber

Your correct that the Taranis wouldn't fly over populated areas and in the US they have to have a chase plane.

I would say that what he saw was a commercial jet that's why I asked him to tell me when he sees one because i could just look it up and tell him what it was.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSZOMBIE

Nah I was talking about the other posters sighting of contrails. There isn't a delta wing commercial jet just yet.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
It's a black project preparing to go grey, or even white in the next few months.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Manned, or not?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by waynos

Manned to begin with.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2

In the blowup of the hi-res image you can see a bump which could be the exhaust nozzle.

Another photo has come to light of the plane. It more clearly shows two, not one... which I knew had to be there from the twin contrails.

This is again from Gizmodo:

The image—enhanced above—clearly shows a boomerang-shaped blended wing object with two exhaust nozzles that seems clearly different from a B-2 bomber. It was "completely silent" and did "severe 180 degree turns in the sky in the shape of an S.

Gizmodo

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

That is a separate sighting over Witchita, from February. It's not the same aircraft. If you look at the one over Amarillo, there is a different shape to the fuselage/wing join area.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: pianopraze

That is a separate sighting over Witchita, from February. It's not the same aircraft. If you look at the one over Amarillo, there is a different shape to the fuselage/wing join area.

Yes, Gizmodo is reporting it as another siting of same craft. It, like the original is a flying wing with twin contrails. It could be two separate craft like the f117 and b2... again speculation is this is replacement for B2, but it is just speculation. If it is one craft, or if it is two, they/it both have/has twin engines.

The Aviationists thinks this could be a new secret stealth aircraft being tested by the US military: "some believe it could be an RQ-180 stealth drone or, more likely, a prototype of the American next generation LRSB (long range strike bomber.)"

ibid gizmodo link above.
Here's the link to aviationist with original unenhanced photo from above and a rendering of what they think the vehicle looks like: Aviationist

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join