It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To summon a Spirit!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 02:35 AM
link   
sorry, i guess this post was a bit deceiving.......should read......what is summoning a spirit!!!

"In our age of apostasy preceding the manifestation of Antichrist, the devil has been loosed for a time (Apoc. 20:7)
,.........to gather in his hellish harvest of those souls who 'received not the love of the truth' (II Thes. 2:10).

there will come spiritual deception so persuasive as to deceive, if it were possible, even the very elect (Matt. 24:24)..."

Little children, it is the last hour! (I John 2:18)

Summoning spirits is not a new age concept..........it has always been here in many different forms.........it is here to stay as long as people keey believing in the nonesense of ''speaking with the dead...........

Isaiah:

How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, who didst rise in the morning?�Thou saidst in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven. I will exalt my throne above the stars of God, I will sit in the mountain of the covenant�I will ascend above the heights of the clouds. I will be like the Most High! (Is. 14:12-14)

In the words of the poet, Milton, this 'wicked cherub shouted out: "Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven!"

Under the leadership of Archangel Michael the good angels defeated the rebellious angels in a war. Satan "was cast out into the earth, and his angels were east out with him... neither was their place found any more in heaven" (Rev. 12:7-8).
Where did they go?
According to the testimony of Scripture, they dwell in "high places" (Eph. 6:12).
This is also translated as "under the heaven," Bishop Ignatius Brianchaninov defines this more clearly when he writes: "The spirits who refused obedience to God...creep over the earth and fill the space between earth and heaven; whence they are called the spirits of the air, since the air is their habitat" (Arena, ch. 43). Indeed, St. Paul refers to Satan as the "prince of the power of the air" (Eph. 2:2).

By persuading Adam and Eve that by disobeying God and eating of the "forbidden fruit" they could "be as God" (Gen. 3:5), the Serpent (Satan) convinced them to share in his own prideful sin: that they are self-existent; not creatures, but gods.

The demonic origin of magical arts is also indicated by St. Macarius: Once Adam "had been deceived, he surrendered his lordship [over the material creation] to his deceiver.
For this reason sorcerers and magicians, through the use of diabolic energy become-with God's allowance--'miracle'-workers': they have power over poisonous snakes and they challenge fire and water, as was exemplified by the followers of Jannes and Jambres who opposed Moses (cf. Ex. ch.7-8), and by Simon who resisted the chief Apostle Peter (cf. Acts 8:18-24)."

[Edited on 5/25/2003 by helen670]

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 08:53 PM
link   
has any one here summoned up a spirit???

Througha seance or other means???

What was the result???
Was the answer a definite response?

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Summoning is a misnomer.

You dont summon a spirit. Humans do not posses the powers to do so. What happens is the spirit chooses to be seen to you.

All the "summoner" does is admit to the spirit that he wants to see it. Then the psirit may or may not choose to reveal itself to him.

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Yes it does chose it's 'victims'

But sometimes uses a voice to reveal itself.....

Have you ever been involved in a seance?

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Estragon usually finds that saying "whisky" or "brandy" summons all the spirits he tends to require.

However, while all manner of drivel may be about to descend here: the stories, from a Christian perspective tend to rest at Saul and the Witch of Endor.

1 Sam 28:8 And Saul disguised himself, and put on other raiment, and he went, and two men with him, and they came to the woman by night: and he said, I pray thee, divine unto me by the familiar spirit, and bring me him up, whom I shall name unto thee.
1 Sam 28:9 And the woman said unto him, Behold, thou knowest what Saul hath done, how he hath cut off those that have familiar spirits, and the wizards, out of the land: wherefore then layest thou a snare for my life, to cause me to die?
1 Sam 28:10 And Saul sware to her by the LORD, saying, As the LORD liveth, there shall no punishment happen to thee for this thing.
1 Sam 28:11 Then said the woman, Whom shall I bring up unto thee? And he said, Bring me up Samuel.

Against that, it may be said that:
1 Chr 10:13 So Saul died for his transgression which he committed against the LORD, even against the word of the LORD, which he kept not, and also for asking counsel of one that had a familiar spirit, to inquire of it;

in other words: it wasn't the "dead Samuel" but some sort of demon or fallen angel.

So I don't see a definitive Christian position on this.

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 04:21 AM
link   
...all I can say is: If you open a door...you better be able to close it again...

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 08:55 AM
link   
You certainly have me kind of confused

First you get all upset about my interest in 'paranormal' and witchcraft..then you go post something about 'summoning spirits'...I think you have some "splaning to do Helen"....

Magestica

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I did this once when I wanted assistance in obes. What I got were a pair of hands grabbing my hands to help me out. But as is usual the case, I panicked & woke up.

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I was very distressed when our local bookshop came out with multitudes of boxes called the Psychic Circle...A "do it yourself" seance package...

I did try these and got mixed results...It was extremely evident to me that "something" was moving the glass...at first everyone was like..yeah your doing that...but as time grew on I learned things about myself and others that could not have been just "chance"

They work in my belief...I worry that with so many of these Psychic Circle packages sold that someone..sometime may get hurt.

Chris

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by magestica
You certainly have me kind of confused

First you get all upset about my interest in 'paranormal' and witchcraft..then you go post something about 'summoning spirits'...I think you have some "splaning to do Helen"....

Magestica

Hmmmm

Majestica.........I have been involved in the past with 'paranormal' stuff......in fact.....quite alot..

I see things different now because of what happened ....

I did quite alot of seances in my time......no one told me that it was wrong......

In fact,it started when I was around 14,15???
Pretty wierd stuff!!!
I can speak of only what i know of things i saw and Heard........And have read and heard others of their own experiences......
This post was to make aware to others that the power that one has,from these experiences are not at all what they seem.......they are not powers that we secretly have.....they are disguised so that we think the powers come from us ,or from other dead spirits ..from another realm or whatever it may seem......though, not all ''paranormal'' things are to be thought of as 'evil'',most tend to be '''Evil'' because of the way they are summoned......
Am i making sense?

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzChris
I was very distressed when our local bookshop came out with multitudes of boxes called the Psychic Circle...A "do it yourself" seance package...

I did try these and got mixed results...It was extremely evident to me that "something" was moving the glass...at first everyone was like..yeah your doing that...but as time grew on I learned things about myself and others that could not have been just "chance"

They work in my belief...I worry that with so many of these Psychic Circle packages sold that someone..sometime may get hurt.

Chris

Chris , what did you learn....if I may ask?
Was it something that you were thinking?
Something that was on your mind ,at the time?
Or did it have to do with the past???
eg.......you may have been thinking of someone,and it happened........which usually does..

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I think it has alot to do with what's on one's mind at the time of the seance...The glass got things right such as star signs of the participants and such....

Nothing was elaborated on as to future events...mainly just an ask questions about the family type deal.

What really got me was that the spirit revealed itself as a past close relative, and I believed it to be after details which I'd rather not mention here were revealed at the seance......

As I said before I belive that something was with us moving the glass around...And I do believe that it is something which I'd rather not mess with.

Chris

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Would using a ouija board be considered summoning spirits? Some friends and I used to use the board occassionally and had some pretty outrageous experiences. I was always skeptical but at the same time just baffled at some of the outcomes from using a ouija board.

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Chris....Yes i do know what you mean......

I believe that dealing with the ''paranormal'' has its cosequences....if not straight away,then sometime in the future....and it's not pleasant..

The revealing of one as a ''dead relative'' is common.
Not only because one can associate more so ,but because it gives you a sense of feeling content....a feeling of being secure.......
If a spirit revealed itself to be a demon, one may become frightened and not look at doing seances again.
Although many might consider it just fun......and continue to do so.....
When i was doing alot of seances, i saw it as fun......i talked with many different spirits of many names,although i probably was talking to the one all the time....
The Spirit(demon) that came would talk to me on the letters i had cut out......or sometimes would write down things(I would hold a pen )......
Most of the times i did a seance,would be on my own......and i would ask stupid questions.......i would get a reply instantly......
One night, i called a spirit and it answered.......yep.....I heard voices(NOT IN MY HEAD)calling to me to go out side....boy did that freak me out.........The voices sounded like many voices together.eg...like in the Exorcist (the movie)
I freaked out, and did not do any seances for awhile......but then, curiosity got the better of me,and i continued to do them.........i got into the U.F.O. alien research society.....was just a member through mail.....i would read the stuff alot.....even go to lenghts to argue that Aliens are outer space beings....
I loved the paranormal........
Life changed for me after one incident that happened.....
Then realising that all that i wanted to be true,was just a lie and it fooled me for a long time......looking back, it was so easy being fooled about whom i was dealing with......

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Ouija Boards...interesting things.

In my mind they are just tools...they amplify what the person already possesses within themselves, serves as a visual focal point...and in reality aren't required for contact, for the person themselves has the potential to become the gateway, the means of communication.

When I hear people comment that ouija boards are evil and can bring evil forces into this world, I would question NOT the board, but the person performing the seance. Looking for answers is one thing...demanding them, manipulating them is another.

I think too many people ask questions that the answers of are not meant for them at all...sometimes it is best just to accept and allow time itself, nature itself, to provide the answers. If the answers are meant for you...then they WILL come when you are ready...searching for them is problematic in that if you are searching for answers, do you know what it is you are searching for?? Is there purity in the search?? Or is the aim flawed right from the first foot step forward??

Where Ouija Boards can become problems is when the one/s utilising them are doing so to seek something they have no need/right to know in the first place...they are poking their nose where it doesn't belong and where they themselves are unable to operate safely...so opening themselves up to possible contact/manipulation from forces that will use their 'quest for knowledge' to lead them astray.

Just my thoughts anyway...

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Yes the ouija board is just another tool for the purpose conjuring up spirits.....there are many ways one can actually summon a spirit..Though they all fall under the same category.
Our curiosity gets the better of us and we are left to deal with a situation that we cannot control..or we seem to think that we are in control...not knowing what the end result may bring...

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Kai-Raega is correct.

Spirit doesn't choose a victim. You have the 'free will' to not allow the spirit to communicate with you.

You also have the 'free will' to allow it to speak through you.

All of us have this ability to sense spirit. It is a 'Gift' from God. It is as much a part of you as the brain in your head.

Some people can work to develop their gift and then become able to communicate with spirit.

Yes, it can be termed communicating with the dead as the 'dead' are spirit, just as you are. But you happen to be an a 3rd density physical body at the moment.

There are negative spirits and positive spirits. You have an inner sense to know the difference. This ability does need to be nurtured and developed.

I will not exclude the idea of people getting connected up with negative (evil) spirit. But the person will have to have allowed it.

Seances are not parlor games and should not be done as such. Inexperienced people or naive persons can have bad experiences. It is important that you have proper guidance from experienced persons to develope your gifts to the positive vibration.

Very valuable and accurate messages are received from Spirit.

Remember in the Bible how some of the prophets were told what to write down. They were getting messages from the holy Spirit. How do we know they were receiving messages from a positive spirit? How do we know it wasn't 'evil'? Because they said so?

When a person has the gift sometimes they get carried away with it and use it for wrong reasons. Spirit is well known for taking a persons 'gift' away from them for this.

This 'Gift' is not your power. You have nothing in it except you are a channel. Like a radio. You allow it to come through.

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by helen670has any one here summoned up a spirit???
Througha seance or other means???
What was the result???
Was the answer a definite response?

Thanks Nans DESMICHELS (Shake my own hand )

In this thread : www.abovetopsecret.com... You will find all you ever wanted to know about demons and spirit, even the best way to keep them away from you, in accordance to the Saint PSELLIUS demonology tradition (R.I.P : 1051 AD).

new topics

top topics

join