It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Prime Directive?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
My Prime Directive? Survive my cat's life. There is nobody else.
I'm not joking.
When my cat is gone, then let nature take it's course.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I actually get that...

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

Hmmm,

You know you will die horribly (is there ever a "nice" way to go?).

Sorry.

edit on 24/3/2014 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Then get a new cat. Repeat.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
You're not saying you're going to kill yourself when your cat dies are you? There are always people you can reach out to who have compassion and love for their fellow man. Your life has value and your ATS family cares. And...there are so many homeless cats in shelters wanting nothing more than to share their lives and love and will probably be put down instead. Shelters are always filled to capacity and they can't save them all.

What is more important I think is saving YOU! Tell us more about yourself. You have no family? Any friends? Hobbies or interests? Are you in school or work or disabled and retired? I'd like very much to learn more about you and how you came to feeling this way.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

Hrrmmph... my Prime Directive is to not destroy any pre-warp civilizations, including this one.

Not sure cats can really die anyway, they just seem to keep coming back but look a little different.

That said take care of yourself first, people here care.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

There are many under privileged as well as aged folk who would be super keen to talk with you .

Are you a good listener ? Yes ?
You can make a difference !

Cats are awesome! I have two at the moment, both giving much joy! ( as well as naughty moments ! lol )

Unfortunately I have lost many cats in my time, Some - absolutely epic !! But the choice (as always) is -
Are you going to crumble under the emotional stress ? ( ie. give in )

OR

Do you gather yourself - appreciate what you had - and move forward . ( ie. make a difference in someone else's world -
they may need it more than you can understand. )

Certainly a worthwhile distraction. Try it now for size !

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Ok, I read quickly through a few of your past threads. You are in your early 60's and have a sister. Is there any way you can spend more time with her? Being isolated and lonely is no good. I have depression and anxiety and it helps to be with someone once in a while. Maybe go out to eat or see a movie or order out and watch a movie with someone at home. Is there a bookstore/coffee shop nearby? Maybe try to get out just for a little bit to experience nature and see other people.

I have lost many precious pets over the years, mostly cats. It is gut wrenching to see them go, but there are always other pets needing love and a home who would be eternally grateful to have you as their owner/friend. Please don't despair, I know what a dark and lonely path that is. My heart goes out to you and I wish you well.

edit on 24-3-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Hope you change your mind, theres alot out there to keep people going, i call myself a lucky person,i lost everything twice, and made it back again. Not many pleasures left in life but heck i found enough to keep on going.

If you need someone to chat with about anything send me a private msg.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Hrrmmph... my Prime Directive is to not destroy any pre-warp civilizations, including this one.

meh, trekky....

Star wars is much better.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Night Star. You are a sweet heart.
I'm hanging in there as are many people who would rather not be here.
We all die, so not being here isn't a very radical idea.
I feed homeless cats. Every day, maybe 3 or 4 times a day. I won't stop until I can't physically do it.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

Glad to hear that you are looking after the stray cats in your area. Sadly, there are many homeless cats. Shelters are always filled to capacity and often they have to be put down, unless there is a no kill shelter. I had cats most of my life but right now I just have a turtle and some pretty fish. Once my elderly Mother passes away and this apartment building has to be sold, I don't know if I will be able to afford to stay here, so it would be irresponsible to get a cat now. Many places don't allow pets. Mom is 90.

About death...I'm sure many of us at one time or another has felt that they wished it was sooner rather than later. LOL I know how difficult life can be and have been in that dark place where I just wanted to give up. Strangely, we manage to move on and hold on to hope. I don't fear death, just the process. I think though that we get attached to life because it's all we've ever really known. Anyway, carry on Dear Sir and keep those kitties fed.

top topics

join