It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Sanctions Banks of Russian Oligarchs. This could escalate quickly.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   

JHumm
Obama is gonna get us all killed over something we should have stayed out of .
We cannot keep telling the rest of the world what to do , we already have enough problems that our government can't or wont fix or attempt to fix, we are loosening our place at the top , we don't have the respect that we once had .
What is to become of the people that actually make this country and for what...because our leaders can't mind their business and can't be bothered with what people want or need at home . Things are getting way out of hand and when do we cross the point of no return if we haven't already .

Russia broke an international law. What is a law if not enforced?

Heard of the Budapest Memorandum?

Under the political agreement, the signatories offered Ukraine "security assurances" in exchange for its adhesion to the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons. The memorandum bundled together a set of assurances that Ukraine already held from the Conference on Security and Co-operation in Europe (CSCE) Final Act, United Nations Charter and Non-Proliferation Treaty.[1] The Ukrainian government nevertheless found it politically valuable to have these assurances in a Ukraine-specific document

So what would happen if we did nothing? You think no one respects us now? Imagine if we didnt follow through with our promises made in the past. If no one did anything in this world to stop tyranny, do you think the world would be better?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Sounds like Putin is scared of these sanctions, opened up an account at a sanctioned bank and put his wages in, must be pissin himself laughing

voiceofrussia.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
In reply to smithjustinb. Maybe, but since the people if Crimea voted for the move back to Russia makes it none of our business .
edit on 2205u3 by JHumm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Rah rah rah......Obamas followed swiftly by Canadas equal sanctimonius sanctions as well....Harper has his head up Obama arse......
Time to stock the old bomb shelter with fresh toilet paper.....

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   

ZincMag

AnAbsoluteCreation
I just hope Russia doesn't find an ally in China soon and they both start chopping away at the Dollar.

They will, believe you me, they will.

In fact, they are planing it for a while now, not that US government doesn't deserve it.

Too bad people always suffer. It is always the peasant, poor peasant that gets flogged.

Russia and China are not buddy buddy. China bot where it is now by playing ball with ameroca and the Rest oft the West.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Obama is a joke. Any sanctions or otherwise pretentious nonsense from the the US will be laughed at by Putin. America is not the super power it once thought it was. To much Hollywood has instilled itself in the deluded American psyche.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Whilst I agree that Obama is acting in a lawless and arbitrary way (shouldn't there be a trial before punishments?), I am hoping he shows some consistency here.

David Cameron is trying the exact same thing in Scotland, by allowing the residents a democratic choice of whether to stay in the UK. It will be great to see the assets of the British leaders stolen in the same way. All those in favor of these sanctions ("Americans against democracy", or whatever you call yourselves) will be calling for sanctions against the UK too. Won't you?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

JHumm
In reply to smithjustinb. Maybe, but since the people if Crimea voted for the move back to Russia makes it none of our business .
edit on 2205u3 by JHumm because: (no reason given)

The Russian military occupied Crimea illegally before the vote for annexation was made. That makes it our business. Russia conspiring to further its campaign of conquest is also our business.

We have obligations. These obligations were formed by necessity to promote a safe, secure, and free America. Were not just randomly deciding to get involved in foreign affairs as some internet politicians seem to believe. These moves are calculated and are aimed at ensuring America has a future.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

CallYourBluff
Obama is a joke. Any sanctions or otherwise pretentious nonsense from the the US will be laughed at by Putin. America is not the super power it once thought it was. To much Hollywood has instilled itself in the deluded American psyche.

Did you read the OP? It doesnt see very funny to me. And I know Putin isnt laughing. Im pretty sure there is nothing funny about the hostility in the world right now. Obama will do what needs to be done under the advisement of plenty of people who know how to handle this situation. So dont worry about him. Obama is not America. Our half a trillion dollar defense budget is America. Dont forget that. You are the one who is deluded if you think we arent powerful. Also, Hollywood is seen all over the world, not just america.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

smithjustinb

The Russian military occupied Crimea illegally before the vote for annexation was made. That makes it our business. Russia conspiring to further its campaign of conquest is also our business.

We have obligations. These obligations were formed by necessity to promote a safe, secure, and free America. Were not just randomly deciding to get involved in foreign affairs as some internet politicians seem to believe. These moves are calculated and are aimed at ensuring America has a future.

Is it illegal if there is a long-standing agreement allowing Russia to have troops there and if the elected president of the Ukraine asks them for help in the face of a German-backed coup? Was it similarly illegal for England to declare war on Germany when they they invaded Poland?

As I understand it, the US invaded Afghanistan on the pretext that maybe one guy who might have had something to do with 911 could have been hiding there. Do you feel that Russia has a stronger or a weaker case for helping the Crimeans?

I'm anti-war, but the Russians seem to be the ones trying to prevent one at the moment, both in Syria and the Crimea. Obviously you disagree, but can you justify it a bit more clearly. I can't see the connection between helping Germany start wars In Eastern Europe and keeping America safe.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
After all the endless blah blah blah.....it will sooner or later become obvious to youse that your opinions and analyses just don't matter to anyone of consequence....then what||?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Maybe he should just stick to canceling their Facebook accounts?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
As previously said in this thread, Russia and China are about to join forces on a mega gas deal.

War is coming.

I smell a draft.

AAC.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

AnAbsoluteCreation
As previously said in this thread, Russia and China are about to join forces on a mega gas deal.

War is coming.

I smell a draft.

AAC.

Yeah, and I see a lot of draft dodgers.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

smithjustinb

JHumm
We cannot keep telling the rest of the world what to do , we already have enough problems that our government can't or wont fix or attempt to fix, we are loosening our place at the top , we don't have the respect that we once had .
What is to become of the people that actually make this country and for what...because our leaders can't mind their business and can't be bothered with what people want or need at home . Things are getting way out of hand and when do we cross the point of no return if we haven't already .

Under the political agreement, the signatories offered Ukraine "security assurances" in exchange for its adhesion to the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons. The memorandum bundled together a set of assurances that Ukraine already held from the Conference on Security and Co-operation in Europe (CSCE) Final Act, United Nations Charter and Non-Proliferation Treaty.[1] The Ukrainian government nevertheless found it politically valuable to have these assurances in a Ukraine-specific document

So what would happen if we did nothing? You think no one respects us now? Imagine if we didnt follow through with our promises made in the past. If no one did anything in this world to stop tyranny, do you think the world would be better?

Oh... maybe that agreement should never have been signed in the first place??

Ko3
edit on 22-3-2014 by kid_of_3NKi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Let's just hope our decision makers know what they are doing. We have messed with Iran's economy and no war directly with them yet so let us just hope it's not a big deal on our end. If it becomes one all our leaders need to be given some basic training and sent into the front lines to fight the war they started.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

Escalate to what ? Obama is an Idiot , the Ruskie Billionaires will just Move their assests to a Place the U.S. can't interfere with them .

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I guess he dies have a pair. Hopefully Russia doesn't respond like Japan did in WWII, but I am happy to see a meaningful response to the invasion of Ukraine; our allies need to know that we have their back.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Zanti Misfit
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

Escalate to what ? Obama is an Idiot , the Ruskie Billionaires will just Move their assests to a Place the U.S. can't interfere with them .

I believe that US banks are only required to hold a reserve of 10%?, I'm not exactly sure. I don't know what the case is in Russia or if any part of the deposits are insured, but I would guess the bank does not have available funds to cash out all of its clients.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   

kid_of_3NKi

smithjustinb

JHumm

Oh... maybe that agreement should never have been signed in the first place??

Ko3
edit on 22-3-2014 by kid_of_3NKi because: (no reason given)

TOTALY AGREE. We never should have signed that agreement, and now, Ukraine would still have the 3rd largest Nuclear Arsenal in the world, and Putin would not have had the balls to invade Crimea or Moscow would have been wiped out!

Ukraine would have joined EU & NATO, & NATO would have had access to a nuclear weaponised front line against Russia.

Some economic sanctions against Russia and they would have been crumbled in response and cowered back to the Kremlin.

"Did you hear that Ayotollah? DONT give up your nukes or you WILL get invaded by a stronger power."

Thats why many have spilt their blood in the past - to uphold international laws and agreements....else the spillage of blood was in vain!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join