It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astrology in the Bible: The Four Living Creatures

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
This is the first of at least two threads that I will be writing relating to astrology in the Bible. I have alluded to this topic in some of my posts, but I was inspired to write about this today.

This topic may be well known in occult circles, but the average, let's say, Bible-thumper has no clue about this. And, why should they? They have no knowledge of astrology. Even before I started an in-depth study of the Bible I knew about this, because I would casually read the Bible from time to time. But at these times that I would read various parts of the Bible, because of my background in astrology, the Bible's use of astrology was absolutely blatant to me.

A part of the Bible (actually, the same theme in two different books) speaks of the four living creatures. The four living creatures are mentioned in Ezekiel and Revelations. The four living creatures are mentioned as having four faces and four wings. The four living creatures have the face of a bull, the face of a lion, the face of an eagle, and the face of a man. Anybody with an astrological background knows that these four creatures correspond to Taurus, Leo, Scorpio and Aquarius. Scorpio is many times symbolized by an eagle.

The average person might say, "You could associate anything in the Bible with a zodiacal sign. I don't see the association." The association is that these signs, or creatures, have an exact correspondence with each other. They form the fixed cross. The simplest way of describing the fixed signs is that they share the quality of stubbornness to a certain extent.

I believe that these symbols are in the Bible for a reason. I even believe that the Bible contained much more esoteric knowledge than that which it has now. Besides, this also not just my belief. This has also to some extent been verified by scholarly research (Arthur W. Dyot is one researcher that comes to mind).

The bottom line is that this is no random mishmash of symbols in the Bible. Certain religions even try to draw power from this astrological association in an implicit way. So are you convinced that the Bible does or does not contain elements such as astrology?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   

@ brazenalderpadrescorpio.... The average person might say, "You could associate anything in the Bible with a zodiacal sign. I don't see the association." The association is that these signs, or creatures, have an exact correspondence with each other.
If you are going to point out parallels between astrology and the book of 2 faiths that essentially opposes astrology...then you better go all the way and demonstrate all the signs of the zodiac in its proper context. Until then, you are arbitrarily associating the bibles mentions of certain animals with zodiac signs. You could do just that with a childrens picture book on animals.
edit on 22-3-2014 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

sk0rpi0n

@ brazenalderpadrescorpio.... The average person might say, "You could associate anything in the Bible with a zodiacal sign. I don't see the association." The association is that these signs, or creatures, have an exact correspondence with each other.
If you are going to point out parallels between astrology and the book of 2 faiths that essentially opposes astrology...then you better go all the way and demonstrate all the signs of the zodiac in its proper context. Until then, you are arbitrarily associating the bibles mentions of certain animals with zodiac signs. You could do just that with a childrens picture book on animals.
edit on 22-3-2014 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

Maybe that is because the priests wants control over what you are allowed to know.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

yeah nowadays they don't even teach astrology/astronomy in the education curriculum.

I have always felt that was odd. Why would astronomy be excluded?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
When they constantly refer to "signs in the Heavens" ... what else would they be referring to but the movements of the stars, moons, and planets? At the very least, astronomy is important.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

I understood your comment now. The various "crosses" are made up of signs that hold an antagonistic relationship to each other. Each cross also has a certain characteristic. There's the cardinal cross which is Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn. These are signs that like to lead. There's the fixed cross, which I've mentioned. And last, there's the mutable cross. These signs are best described as adaptable. The mutable cross is made up of Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius and Pisces. I hope that helps.

edit on bSat, 22 Mar 2014 10:23:05 -0500am80America/Chicago3amSaturday22America/Chicago by brazenalderpadrescorpio because: (no reason given)

edit on bSat, 22 Mar 2014 10:34:56 -0500am80America/Chicago3amSaturday22America/Chicago by brazenalderpadrescorpio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

Not Astrology but the Mazzaroth.

Genesis 1:14 states,

"Then God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night, and let them be for signs and for seasons and for days and years;" (NASB)

Mazzaroth (maz’-za-roth) is connected to the comparisons of the following two words:

mazzarah (He Resh Zayin Mem) M(ah)ZZ(aw)R(aw)H, maz-zaw-raw’; apparently from the Heb. nazar, naw-zar’, a primary root, to hold aloof, here specifically to set apart (to sacred purposes), i.e. devote – consecrate, separate, thus used here in the sense of distinction (only in the plural), perhaps collectively as the zodiac: Mazzaroth.

mazzalah (He Lamed Zayin Mem) M(ah)ZZ(aw)L(aw)H, maz-zaw-law’; apparently from the Heb. nazal, naw-zal’, a primary root, to drip, or shed by trickling: distill, drop, flood, (cause to) flow(-ing), gushout, melt, pour (down), running water, stream, thus in the sense of raining; a constellation, i.e. Zodiacal sign (perhaps as affecting the weather); -- planet.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

So, BTW, This event happens on the Sky in September 2017

The Woman and the Dragon

12 Then a great and mysterious sight appeared in the sky. There was a woman, whose dress was the sun and who had the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head. 2 She was soon to give birth, and the pains and suffering of childbirth made her cry out.

The Youtube videos will explain.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

oh that is fantastic! I wish I could give you an applause.

I learnt something today.

this is such an interesting subject.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Yes, I've seen some of that, too, about the woman and the dragon. It's a rare line-up, very rare, but you need a knowledge of astronomy and the knowledge of the constellations in order to see it. However, this might be why the Jewish calendars work off of the lunar calendar. They would have to mark the Heavens in order to know when to celebrate. You would think they would notice and mark other things about them, too.

I would think the general dislike of astrology fits in with the proscriptions against fortune telling and trying to divine the future, things like that. There's a fine line IMO. Where does one cross the line between marking signs of prophecy and attempting to unravel the future?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

This is also quite interesting as the same time period appears to be "spelled out" with the Egyptian pyramids

endtimesforecaster.blogspot.com...

3.bp.blogspot.com...
edit on 22-3-2014 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Please try to stay on topic. Thank you!

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by brazenalderpadrescorpio

Here is some interesting information about Astronomy related to ancient text. Note, I take none of the assumptions made as fact or fiction but it is interesting.

www.mazzaroth.com...

Muzaloth or Mazzaloth The Church rejected the Slavonic and Ethiopic Book of Enoch from its canon because of its vast antiquity could not coincide with the limit of the 4004 years B.C. assigned to the world ‘s creation. It presents Enoch’s translation into heaven from the first to the tenth. In the Eighth Heaven, called Muzaloth, a place of the changing of the Season. In the Ninth Heaven, called Kuvachim, the Houses of the Signs of the Zodiac. The last, Tenth Heaven is called Aravoth from which Enoch recognized the constellation whence came our first ancestors, the star Altair (in Aquila,) or as seen in The Book of Enoch and his translation into Heaven in a later chapter.

www.mazzaroth.com...

M(oh)A(ah/ay)Dh(ee)M Season - Heb. mow’ed, mo-ade’, or mo’ed, or (feminine) mow’adah (2 Chron. 8:13), mo-aw-daw’, properly an appointment, i.e. a fixed time or season, specially a festival, conventionally a year, by implication, an assembly (as convened for a definite purpose), technically the congregation, by extension, the place of meeting, also a signal (as appointed beforehand).

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Yes, astrology is a bastardisation of the Abrahamic faith

yes every religion stems from the truth of the original, creation, flood and even astrology. All these things other religions have adopted and manipulated to misconstrue the truth.

Simply you see the bible stole from astrology, i see astrology stole from the pre bible, pre Abrahamic faith, the truth before written history.

talks cheap, prove me wrong

asis.com...

edit on 22-3-2014 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2014 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I believe The fallen watcher angels bastardized it and twisted truth to suit their purpose.

pillar-of-enoch.com...

The Astronomical Nature of the Cherubim Besides the Scriptural references already cited, there is additional biblical proof that the Zodiac is a divine creation with a holy purpose. One important proof is found in the bizarre biblical descriptions of the Living Creatures, or Cherubim surrounding Yahweh God’s heavenly throne. The prophetic books of Ezekiel in the Old Testament, and Revelation in the New Testament similarly describe these unusual divine beings

Since the Ancient Mesopotamian religion was based on a perversion of Sacred Astronomy, it is highly probable that the Babylonians and Assyrians knew some of the astronomical connections of the Cherubim that they depicted in their art. They therefore may have known that the Cherubim represented both the wheel of the Mazzaroth or Zodiac, as well as the wheel of the precession of the equinoxes and solstices. They also likely knew that the faces on the Cherubim represented specific Zodiac signs. For example, if a man’s face was shown on the Mesopotamian cherub’s bull-like body, it might indicate that the cherub represented the Zodiac sign of Aquarius. Alternatively, the king whose face was carved on the bull could have identified himself with the triumphant constellation of Orion in the sign of Taurus, the Bull. In Babylon, Orion and Taurus may also have been allegorically seen as the Giant Gilgamesh slaying the celestial Bull of Heaven. This myth is found in the Babylonian Epic of Gilgamesh, which we will discuss in Book Three

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Nice fit! I was looking at this just the other day..

Unicorns are not found in Greek mythology, but rather in accounts of natural history, for Greek writers of natural history were convinced of the reality of the unicorn.

Cosmas Indicopleustes, a merchant of Alexandria who lived in the 6th century, made a voyage to India and subsequently wrote works on cosmography. He gives a description of a unicorn based on four brass figures

Aaand just for laffs...

edit on 22-3-2014 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

That's pretty interesting. Some Christians, like Jehovah's Witnesses, believe that the history of mankind (not the universe) spans about 6,000 years. I personally believe in evolution and that humans have been here much longer than that. This is all in reference to what you said about the rejection of the book of Enoch.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

That's similar to what I was talking about. Good find!

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

That's a funny video.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I am 100% Christian but I do not subscribe to the limited doctrines taught in allot of "establishment churches" found today.

I believe in direct correlation of the Jewish Mazzaroth and the "appointed times of God" otherwise known as the feast days and that God spells it all out in the heavens. (As above so below)

Of course, the problem is NOBODY wants to admit that they really Don't Know. Everyone has theories but we really do not know specifically what happened or how on many things.

Examples: Creation - Flood

Does the "days" of Genesis represent days or ages?
Did God create or re-create this construct out of something that was here previously?
Did Hydro Plate Theory happen to cause the great flood? www.youtube.com...

Sometimes people just need to admit that they do not have all the answers, especially both Theologians and Academics who try to fill in the blanks with theory and tell everyone it is fact. They haven't got a clue.

I do not believe in Evolution because they have attempted to replicate evolution for over 60 years with single cell bacteria, algae and of course small animals for decades and have never gotten a positive mutation that can be passed down to the next generation. Always negative causing harm to the organism. Also, Evolutionist sound like Theologians when they try to fill in the gaps of their theory with speculation and call it fact. Believing in evolution takes as much faith as any religion.

Ancient texts directly tell the story of the fallen watcher angels coming to this existence and setting themselves up as gods and how and why the great flood happened. Scientifically, I see no less proof of this history than the theories of "crap just happened" that they are promoting as their religion.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

mazzarah (He Resh Zayin Mem) M(ah)ZZ(aw)R(aw)H, maz-zaw-raw’; apparently from the Heb. nazar, naw-zar’, a primary root, to hold aloof, here specifically to set apart (to sacred purposes), i.e. devote – consecrate, separate, thus used here in the sense of distinction (only in the plural), perhaps collectively as the zodiac: Mazzaroth. mazzalah (He Lamed Zayin Mem)

M(ah)ZZ(aw)L(aw)H, maz-zaw-law’; apparently from the Heb. nazal, naw-zal’, a primary root, to drip, or shed by trickling: distill, drop, flood, (cause to) flow(-ing), gushout, melt, pour (down), running water, stream, thus in the sense of raining; a constellation, i.e. Zodiacal sign (perhaps as affecting the weather); -- planet.

These makes me think about root chakra, crown chakra and spiritual energy flow thru the body causing en-lighten-ment and removal of third eye blindness. But it might be meant to be read in a fractal manner and can have different levels of meaning.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join