It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astrology in the Bible: The Four Living Creatures

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio
reply to post by infolurker

That's pretty interesting. Some Christians, like Jehovah's Witnesses, believe that the history of mankind (not the universe) spans about 6,000 years. I personally believe in evolution and that humans have been here much longer than that. This is all in reference to what you said about the rejection of the book of Enoch.

If you are into alternative views you can check out this site for a bit of Sumerian Anunnaki view.
xfacts.com...

This say that humans are older but that humans where granted independence 6000 years ago.

There are some things that make more sense with this creation story than the bible version of the Sumerian creation story and science.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

infolurker
reply to post by brazenalderpadrescorpio

Of course, the problem is NOBODY wants to admit that they really Don't Know. Everyone has theories but we really do not know specifically what happened or how on many things.

I agree with you that nobody really knows what happened at any point in time. They are all just theories. I also think that all of our senses can be telling us one thing, when something completely different is what's going on.

Does the "days" of Genesis represent days or ages?

There's a part in the Bible that says that a day to God is like a thousand years. So biblically, I don't think that there's much evidence in there that the writers meant that a day was a literal 24 hour span of time. Let me see where that is in the Bible... That's in 2 Peter 3:8. I'm not saying that I know for sure, I'm just saying that there is not much evidence that that is what the Bible writer meant.

I do not believe in Evolution because they have attempted to replicate evolution for over 60 years with single cell bacteria, algae and of course small animals for decades and have never gotten a positive mutation that can be passed down to the next generation. Always negative causing harm to the organism. Also, Evolutionist sound like Theologians when they try to fill in the gaps of their theory with speculation and call it fact. Believing in evolution takes as much faith as any religion.

To be honest, sometimes I believe in evolution and sometimes I don't. Interestingly, it goes back to the idea that you expressed that we really don't actually know. I also believe that it takes a lot of faith to believe in evolution. I believe that whether evolution is true or not, what's for certain is that all of existence is a miracle.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

Thanks for the link! I'll check that out.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Thank you for this! I am very interested in this exact topic and have only just begun to research it.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Read the book of Daniel, how he was made head of all the soothsayers and astrologers, yes this "bible thumper" figured this out many years ago, he was also the inturpreture of dream, although the king wanted the soothsayers killed, Daniel saved them.

great topic, btw
edit on 033131p://bSaturday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

The Star of Bethlehem is a prime example of astrology in the bible.

The Bible says that stars, along with the sun and moon, were given for “signs” and “seasons” (Genesis 1:14); that is, they were meant to mark time for us. They are also “signs” in the sense of navigational “indicators,” and all through history men have used the stars to chart their courses around the globe.

source

leolady

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

So, you're saying that there's astrology in the bible. Care to tell us what you think it might mean?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Your post made me think that someone who interprets dreams is not that far off from what is considered new-age these days.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by leolady

Besides, the three magi were nothing but astrologers. And magi is just a way of saying magician.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidWarrior

It's hard to say what it means since it seems as if most of those parts were edited out (I would say most likely by the Roman emperor Constantine). What it seems to mean is that the Bible, when it began, was a lot more esoteric than people usually want to acknowledge.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Well, what about Ezekiel's vision?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidWarrior

What's the point of your question? I don't understand what you're asking, please elaborate.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

yes absolutely !

As part of their religion, these priests paid particular attention to the stars and gained an international reputation for astrology, which was at that time highly regarded as a science. Their religious practices and use of astrology caused derivatives of the term Magi to be applied to the occult in general and led to the English term magic, although Zoroastrianism was in fact strongly opposed to sorcery. The King James Version translates the term as wise men, the same translation is applied to the wise men led by Daniel of earlier Hebrew Scriptures (Daniel 2:48). The same word is given as sorcerer and sorcery when describing "Elymas the sorcerer" in Acts 13:6–11, and Simon Magus, considered a heretic by the early Church, in Acts 8:9–13. Several translations refer to the men outright as astrologers at Matthew Chapter 2, including New English Bible (1961); Phillips New Testament in Modern English (J.B.Phillips, 1972); Twentieth Century New Testament (1904 revised edition); Amplified Bible (1958-New Testament); An American Translation (1935, Goodspeed); and The Living Bible (K. Taylor, 1962-New Testament).

source

leolady

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by leolady

Exactly.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The Four Beasts in The Book of Revelation are also mentioned in The Book of Daniel.
There are many parallels between the two books.

Parallels Between The Book of Daniel and The Book of Revelation

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio
the Bible's use of astrology was absolutely blatant to me.

A part of the Bible (actually, the same theme in two different books) speaks of the four living creatures. The four living creatures are mentioned in Ezekiel and Revelations. The four living creatures are mentioned as having four faces and four wings. The four living creatures have the face of a bull, the face of a lion, the face of an eagle, and the face of a man. Anybody with an astrological background knows that these four creatures correspond to Taurus, Leo, Scorpio and Aquarius. Scorpio is many times symbolized by an eagle.

. So are you convinced that the Bible does or does not contain elements such as astrology?

This is incorrect, it has nothing to do with astrology.None of the Book of Revelation is about anything "mystical".It is an allegorical metaphor.

The central characters are Mankind which are symbolized by the 12 tribes of Israel born of Israel's 2 wife's, Leah and Rachel and of his wife's handmaidens(1 each).They are called the "houses" of Leah and Rachel.Leah had 8 in her house (she bore 6) and Rachel had 4 (she bore 2). Here are the 12 sons of Israel in birth order.

Reuben,Simeon,Levi,Judah,Dan,Naphtali,Gad,Asher,Issachar,Zebulun,Joseph,Benjamin.

There is an adjustment for these because Levi became the priest tribe.They were in the center of the encampment and divided into 4.
Joseph gave his birthright/inheritance to his two sons Manasseh and Ephraim.

The symbolism of the 4 creatures are the four main divisions of the Israelites when they encamped in the wilderness for 40 years.

It was a square ....north ,south, east and west

South was Reuben with the symbol of a man .He was the 1st born son of Israel of Leah's house
North was Dan with the symbol of an Eagle.He was the 5th born son of Israel the first of Rachel's house.
East was Judah the symbol of a Lion.He was the 4th born Son of Israel from the house of Leah
West is Ephraim with the symbol of an Ox.He was the 2nd son of Joseph who was the 11th son of Israel of the house of Rachel

the other 8 tribes(2 per side) were sub sets with their own symbols

For example,
West= Ephraim (Ox) Benjamin (Wolf) and Manasseh (Unicorn).
South =Reuben(man) Gad (Camp) and Simon (City)
East= Judah (lion) Issachar (Sun & Moon) and Zebulun (Ship)
North= Dan (eagle) Naphtali (Hind) and Asher (Olive Tree)

All of these tribes of Israel are symbolic of ALL mankind.The book of Revelation is NOT what most believe it is.It is an allegorical metaphor about the "salvation" of ALL mankind who are symbolized by Israel...btw The modern country of "Israel" have NOTHING to do with this except they are included in mankind also.What is falsely believed as the "Jews" being the "chosen people is false.It was ISRAEL(Judah was a tribe and eventually the southern Kingdom).....Israel is ALL of mankind..i.e ALL of mankind is the creator Gods chosen people.

edit on 22-3-2014 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Rex282

brazenalderpadrescorpio
the Bible's use of astrology was absolutely blatant to me.

A part of the Bible (actually, the same theme in two different books) speaks of the four living creatures. The four living creatures are mentioned in Ezekiel and Revelations. The four living creatures are mentioned as having four faces and four wings. The four living creatures have the face of a bull, the face of a lion, the face of an eagle, and the face of a man. Anybody with an astrological background knows that these four creatures correspond to Taurus, Leo, Scorpio and Aquarius. Scorpio is many times symbolized by an eagle.

. So are you convinced that the Bible does or does not contain elements such as astrology?

This is incorrect, it has nothing to do with astrology.None of the Book of Revelation is about anything "mystical".It is an allegorical metaphor.

The central characters are Mankind which are symbolized by the 12 tribes of Israel born of Israel's 2 wife's, Leah and Rachel and of his wife's handmaidens(1 each).They are called the "houses" of Leah and Rachel.Leah had 8 in her house (she bore 6) and Rachel had 4 (she bore 2). Here are the 12 sons of Israel in birth order.

Reuben,Simeon,Levi,Judah,Dan,Naphtali,Gad,Asher,Issachar,Zebulun,Joseph,Benjamin.

There is an adjustment for these because Levi became the priest tribe.They were in the center of the encampment and divided into 4.
Joseph gave his birthright/inheritance to his two sons Manasseh and Ephraim.

The symbolism of the 4 creatures are the four main divisions of the Israelites when they encamped in the wilderness for 40 years.

It was a square ....north ,south, east and west

South was Reuben with the symbol of a man .He was the 1st born son of Israel of Leah's house
North was Dan with the symbol of an Eagle.He was the 5th born son of Israel the first of Rachel's house.
East was Judah the symbol of a Lion.He was the 4th born Son of Israel from the house of Leah
West is Ephraim with the symbol of an Ox.He was the 2nd son of Joseph who was the 11th son of Israel of the house of Rachel

the other 8 tribes(2 per side) were sub sets with their own symbols

For example,
West= Ephraim (Ox) Benjamin (Wolf) and Manasseh (Unicorn).
South =Reuben(man) Gad (Camp) and Simon (City)
East= Judah (lion) Issachar (Sun & Moon) and Zebulun (Ship)
North= Dan (eagle) Naphtali (Hind) and Asher (Olive Tree)

All of these tribes of Israel are symbolic of ALL mankind.The book of Revelation is NOT what most believe it is.It is an allegorical metaphor about the "salvation" of ALL mankind who are symbolized by Israel...btw The modern country of "Israel" have NOTHING to do with this except they are included in mankind also.What is falsely believed as the "Jews" being the "chosen people is false.It was ISRAEL(Judah was a tribe and eventually the southern Kingdom).....Israel is ALL of mankind..i.e ALL of mankind is the creator Gods chosen people.

edit on 22-3-2014 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

Yes sir, great stuff!! Though I'd disagree with it not being mystical, (if by mystical you refer to mystics who receive divine revelation. Or Mystical as the unveiling of the kingdom of heaven inside of you. But I don't think thats what you're saying. Anyway, great post

edit on 22 3 2014 by zardust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

zardust
Yes sir, great stuff!! Though I'd disagree with it not being mystical, (if by mystical you refer to mystics who receive divine revelation. Or Mystical as the unveiling of the kingdom of heaven inside of you. But I don't think thats what you're saying. Anyway, great post

edit on 22 3 2014 by zardust because: (no reason given)

Thanks,
I use the word mystical to separate it from the "magic" that so many attribute to what they believe is "spiritual".Spirit simply means life.There is nothing "magical" about it.Spirit is the nature of things that live.Yes life is a MIRACLE but not in the goofy hocus pocus stuff sense.Reality (whatever the hell that is)! has nothing to do with it.The universe is ruled by reason not mysticism.Just because something isn't know doesn't make it mystical only a mystery.Thanks again for reading and commenting thoughtfully.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Rex282

I didn't say it was mystical. I'm simply saying that the four living creatures are based on the fixed cross of astrology. There's no doubt about this. You can argue this with me until you're blue in the face, but anybody with an astrological background knows this. You don't even have to believe in astrology to know this, you just have to be familiar with astrology. Why astrology is in the Bible, I can guess better than the rest of them. Do I actually know why it's there, I don't. That doesn't change the fact that astrology is in the Bible.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio
reply to post by Rex282

I didn't say it was mystical. I'm simply saying that the four living creatures are based on the fixed cross of astrology. There's no doubt about this. You can argue this with me until you're blue in the face, but anybody with an astrological background knows this...
Those living creatures appeared in what was an ancient UFO encounter. But because they simply had features belonging to common animals that were ALSO symbols in the zodiac, they have to mean the same thing, right?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join