It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Experience of Birth Control - Ladies, Can you attest to this?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Scouse100

I knew they could. I just hadn't realized how badly they were triggering them until I got off the pill. You know how it is when you live with chronic pain, it just sort of becomes a part of you ... until it's not, and when it's suddenly not there, you realize for the first time what you'd actually been living with a dealing with more often than not without half being aware of it.

I'd been living with an almost constant low level of head pain for a very long time. It would spike up into treatable severe levels that I called migraine attacks, but even when the head pain was gone, I understood for the first time how there was part of it that never really was all the way gone.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Wow, sorry you had to live with that for all that time, I am glad you are free of it now.

I don't think the power of hormonal contraception is something that is often explained by the Drs prescribing it, it is often just given out without a second thought.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
A good vitamin B complex taken regularly will help with the mood swings and irratability. I recently had some problems and was given progesterone to stop the bleeding on two different occasions. Both times I felt better. I will be getting a Mirena IUD shortly, which only releases progesterone and usually stops all bleeding.

Check with your doctor about this.

Also, OP, have you been checked for PCOS? if you are only seeing a GP for your problems, you may want to see an OB-GYN. They would be of much more help.

Good luck! I feel your pain...all of you

PS: and kudos to all you good brave men who put up with your wife/gf's problems. Some really are worse than others, and it isn't all in their head.
edit on 3/21/14 by opal13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

What are you. Some kind of psychology "academic". . They love to label ambiguous disorders to justify their existence.

Sometimes chemistry is the issue. In this case the over aromatization of estrogen / hormone imbalance. The tipping point for behavioral issues / aggression is a fine line in ALL animals.

The pill takes out the peaks.

And yes. In the old days you would have ended up in an asylum. Locked up with a bunch of pen pushing academics.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Migraines...

The pill can cause the blood to thicken. The main focus is usually on clots. But this can cause a slight raise in blood pressure as well, which for some people gives low level pain. Mainly at the temple region.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MoonLightStars

You may have something on the diet and nutrition thought process. I have never in my life had any problems with my monthly cycle...and I have never taken the pill... but here lately my monthly course has been horrid, seriously I am getting really really moody, and my periods are very irregular.

I was thinking it might be my age and the start of menopause, because I am 44 now... but now that I read this I don't know. I have been eating more microwavable and processed foods because I am working so many hours and so tired and in pain from working...

but come to think of it, eating the processed foods for several months now... and I have steadily gotten worse. Maybe it IS diet. I will look into eating better and see if that doesn't help!

Thanks for the tip! Hopefully it will help me out!
edit on 21-3-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I have also never taken the pill as I knew somebody who developed a blood clot because of them and nearly died. The contraceptive pill is dangerous: you are ingesting synthetic hormones on a daily basis, I'm sure that will affect your health sooner or later. After having the kids my ex husband started using condoms again, at my request, as I did not want any man made chemical in my body......I know many don't like condoms, but luckily I never had a problem with them.

My periods have always been regular and painless, sometimes I don't even feel them and they still are the same now, and I am almost 44.

The contraceptive pills have a dangerous side and present a deadly risk...I've seen that with my own eyes.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I found evening primrose oil worked well for my pms an balancing moods when i was a teen but not since having kids. I have always had irregular periods but after having my tubes tied in 2012 at a young age of 21 (health reasons after 3 c sections & liver problems during pregnancy) since having that done i am regular my cycle is exactly 28 days. My periods sometimes aren't as painfull as before either i used to have to take naprogesic from when it arrived because it was so painfull but the pain is different and not like that now, sometimes its bad though and i get heaps of back cramping :/ that said i wish i hadn't got my tubes tied now though! I have tried the pill when i was younger about 13 to try regulate my periods it didn't work for me much. It made me break out too i had the clearest skin as a teen but now i break out a week before every visit from aunt flow id love to be able to stop that!!!! maybe i should see if it has a reversed affect on my skin now, i don't need it as BC seems i can't conceive anyway.

ETA i just told my mum off for using HRT (she is going through menopause) because of the research i did on these synthetic hormones anyway she came of it, but it does make me wonder if the pill could have the same affect like cause cancers etc in the long run because technically the pill isn't that old right so we dont actually know the really long term affects it has on the body?
edit on 21-3-2014 by Shana91aus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I use to take the pill, the ortho-tri-cyclen to regulate my hormones. They worked but made me pudgy. I stopped taking them over that and tried maca, that didn't work for me either, made me crazy angry. Kelp works though, I think it is a miracle. You can get it in pill form, liquid, and scoopable from any mother earth or similar type store.

It might not be what you need but I would cautiously suggest it, as long as you don't have any allergies. The owner of chinese restaurant down the road from me has his mom grab up all the ingredients in China when she visits and like twice a year they make this seaweed salad and I go nuts for it. They know to call us when they have it in. The stuff makes me feel wonderful, you can actually feel how good it is for you after you've eaten it. It only lasts a week or so though.

I feel for you, I don't think it was ever so bad for me but my husband might say differently, lol.

Do some research if you can, you might find something that works even better and if not you can always go back to the pill.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I've had a similar experience but opposite.

I was diagnosed with Poly-Cystic Ovarian Syndrome when I was 19. There were months between my periods and when I finally menstruated, it lasted anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months. One of the first treatments my doctor tried was birth control but I experienced extreme mood swings: I would be downstairs screaming at my older brother for something really small, and ten minutes later he would find me upstairs sobbing uncontrollably. (Also mad respect for my brother for not only putting up with this but also comforting me when he could've torn me a new one)

The only time I felt in control of my emotions was when I wasn't on BC. Advertisements make it seem as though the pill is nothing, almost candy in its effects, but it really does mess with your hormones.

So, I think in your case, your body may have adjusted its hormone production to the pill and now it is learning to produce on its own again.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyFishFrog

The birth control never touched my moods, by itself. But between it and an anti-depressant they tried me on to help prevent migraines, my moods got completely destabilized. When they took me off the anti-depressant, the mood problems went away. So it might only have been the anti-depressants.

It was the worst feeling. I remember being so mad out of the blue for no reason when it was happening. I was at work once and almost screamed, and I mean that literally, at a customer just for walking through the doors at the store. That's when I realized I was not myself, and something was really wrong.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Agartha

I agree with you. The Boomers and, to a lesser extent their Moms, are the first generations to use synthetic birth control and the incidence of stroke among that population is higher than I want for myself.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Agartha
I have also never taken the pill as I knew somebody who developed a blood clot because of them and nearly died. The contraceptive pill is dangerous: you are ingesting synthetic hormones on a daily basis, I'm sure that will affect your health sooner or later. After having the kids my ex husband started using condoms again, at my request, as I did not want any man made chemical in my body......I know many don't like condoms, but luckily I never had a problem with them.

My periods have always been regular and painless, sometimes I don't even feel them and they still are the same now, and I am almost 44.

The contraceptive pills have a dangerous side and present a deadly risk...I've seen that with my own eyes.

I was 1 of the 60,000 women that got a blood clot from birth control pills when I was 19. I was rushed to hospital because my leg swelled up like a balloon. I was told by a doctor never to go on it again unless I had a death wish. It was tremendously frightening to have this happen. I was on blood thinners for 6 months, Nothing like having to feed yourself rat poison everyday for 6 months and watch everything you eat and drink because it affects the rat poison. I really resent the the medical profession pushing the pill as the end all be all solution to everything for women.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Hey S+F sorry to intrude on a womans topic.

Me and my girlfriend(age:38) are discussing this topic and discussing her moods.

She is on Trifeme and has mood swings, have you ever been on this pill? as my girlfriend is on this one. If you are saying this pill will change the mood swings would it be wise for a change for her.

She don't want anti-depressants either.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
When you think about it, during most of human history the female human body, is designed to be permanently pregnant, so during the reproductive years periods would be very few. In the Modern era thank God this isn't the case but the body is still designed to be permanently pregnant and die at the average age of around forty, so the pill tells the body that it is pregnant so all is well, we are in to deep now, at least until the body evolves which wont be any time soon. Bad periods might just be the price for not being pregnant.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mistressofspice

I know how frightening that must have been but I am glad you are still alive and well, you are one of the lucky ones.
I know it doesn't seem much, but 14 women died in France last year due to an embolism caused by the pill.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Agartha

Thanks Agartha, I wish the doctors would spend more time describing the consequences of taking birth controls instead of singing their praises. It is not normal for your body to mess with your hormones.
edit on 21-3-2014 by mistressofspice because: typo

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

kosmicjack
reply to post by Agartha

I agree with you. The Boomers and, to a lesser extent their Moms, are the first generations to use synthetic birth control and the incidence of stroke among that population is higher than I want for myself.

Exactly that......unfortunately all type of medications can only be tested effectively with humans, so in a way we are medical guinea pigs. But don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of modern medicine, we have knowledge and technology that save lives that otherwise couldn't be saved, but medication always have side effects and sometimes they can be deadly.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I forgot to mention in my other post my GP put me on cyklokapron aka tranexamic acid when i was going through a phase when they were really heavy last year, anyway it made me really sick so if anyone is prescribed that as a no hormone alternative from the pill to lighten periods id steer clear of it , it did lighten it but so not worth the nausea! It could be different with other people though maybe my dose was too high.
edit on 21-3-2014 by Shana91aus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

mistressofspice
reply to post by Agartha

Thanks Agartha, I wish the doctors would spend more time describing the consequences of taking birth controls instead of singing their praises. It is not normal for your body to mess with your hormones.
edit on 21-3-2014 by mistressofspice because: typo

You are welcome, my dear.......I wish every woman would research before agreeing to the pill, the information is available.
Latest research: 10 in 10000 will develop a clot every year caused by the contraceptive pill (synthetic estrogen to be exact).
Doctors say the benefits outweigh the risks, but there are other birth control methods that are much more natural and safer.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join