It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disabled Iraq Veteran Faces Eviction

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
very sad. a reply to: nighthawk1954

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I am a disabled veteran, and I dont see an issue with the eviction. If his dog bit someone, then I dont see an issue with the eviction. People need to stop playing the 'poor me I'm a vet' card.
Most of us dont wanna be in the spotlight.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Dr. Garth Nicolson - Weaponized Mycoplasmas:

www.youtube.com...

Veterans from the Gulf War are still having problems getting proper care through VA. Really sad.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reminds me of the guy who was told his dog had to lay under the table at a restaurant or move tables becuase his dog was in the walkway. Instead of saying "ok sorry let me move" the guy started protesting, then the media showed up and interviewed the manager who said "I dont have a problem with Vets, I am a Vet". This is what happens when you treat people like they are special, someone comes and makes the rest of us look bad. I'm a disabled vet just so you know, I dont want cheers and I dont want a cookie (ok maybe a cookie, chocolate chip please) I did what i did and mostly what i was told to do. My usual response to people who say thank you for your sevice is thank you for giving me a country to serve. i have no problem getting my check every month from the government because they put the scews to every one of us that have been in, they use you up, throw you out and on to the next. That doesnt mean civilians should bow to the disabled vet, we volunteered to do what we did and the majority of us want to keep to ourselves and just enjoy freedom not look for handouts. Well other than the discount at the liqour store.

The best advice I ever got was from my senior chief on the day i separated, he said "the seabees were here before you, the seabees will be here after you, go home and worry about yourself now."
edit on 16-7-2014 by TexasSeabee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I admit I am biased against "cuddle buddies" being called service animals.

I am a vet. I have severe PTSD. Just to nip those arguments in the bud.

He let his dog get close enough to bite a kid. Case closed.

A kid harassing my dog wouldn't have to worry about my dog biting him, he'd have to worry about me slapping the snot out of him.

This vet handled the situation wrong and now has to pay the price. Isn't that what military service teaches us? Responsibility for our actions?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

sooo the kid shouldn't be held responsible? I'm not saying it was handled perfectly...maybe the vet should be evicted I dunno...but this kid harassed the dog, was told not and continued then is shocked when the dog bit him

It's that sort of thinking that actually flies in the face of the responsibility you espouse. I served active and reserve. I learned responsibility (though I knew it very well even before I enlisted)

but this kid isn't special either...he provoked, was warned and provoked again and is now crying about it...the KID needs consequences too...not just the vet and his pup
edit on 11-8-2014 by KyoZero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: freedomSlave
An eviction because of a dog yes it does happen , so just because he is a vet he should get special attention because of his dog ?

Here I was thinking they kicked him out because the government was not giving him money to support himself or something to that effect .

Well that was misleading thread title guess it is news because it is a vet i guess.. who cares about the single mother being tossed out on the street with her kids because she cant make ends meet , but lets get out raged over a vet and his dog ..

It's the conditioning. They need more pawns.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

I have severe PTSD. I know how horrible it is. My dog has bitten 2 people and no charges were laid. Why? cos my dog wouldn't have bitten them if they had not posed a threat.

I laugh now about my perception... sometimes cars/people vanish. LMAO My Dog can see better than me.

My processing speed on sight and hearing is delayed sometimes. Sheesh... 4 People were standing in one spot and all I saw was one person but their eyes were changing.

lol
I trust my Dog.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

there is every chance that the kid was being naughty and the dog protected him.

kids are naughty and they do find it funny to harass and make fun of someone who doesn't seem to be as quick as them.

People with PTSD have auditory and visual delays... my dog and probably this one, doesn't.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
So, he didn't bother to tell anyone he needed a service dog? Kind of a thing a landlord would need to know.

Just because he's a vet, doesn't mean that he can just flaunt the property regulations.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Thurisaz

that was my point...I treat PTSD in therapy...and I know kids can be little monsters and for some reason we think it's ok to punish everyone else but give these little idiots no consequences

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: freedomSlave

Again the failure of the govt to protect its servants who give their lives , it said Vet from apartment , not dog
Either way I aint giving my sons life for some greedy war machine that has no concern for its citizens , end of story

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join