It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extracting Information from Dreams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Hello All,

So this is my first post (Yay),

I figured I'd start with something that I'm interested in but not too knowledgeable. Dreams, I started having very vivid dreams about three years ago. Enough to make me start writing them down. This got even more intense after a life changing "Waking Dream", for lack of better term. So i started trying to right them all down. Learned a bit about Lucid dreaming, wasn't into any of the OOB or stuff just thought controlling and possibly using that time to get work done would be cool. Early in life I had learned how to change a nightmare into a good dream so it made lucid dreaming easier.

So now I have more than 200 single spaced pages worth of dreams. I know that there is a pattern, possibly even a continuing story line. I'm interested in turning them into a novel or series because of their nature and the experience i had with the "waking dream".

What is the best way to go about editing that long document? Should i go through and look for repeated locations, individuals themes?

As a side note I also experience Deja Vu very often, and most of the times i can remember a dream that the feeling relates to. Are there any signs i could look for to tell a regular dream from a glimpse of the future?

Thanks for reading,

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I would suggest you write a memoir about something that is outstanding right now in your life, then try to extract information from there and then look to your recent dreams (and waking dream(s)) to see if there are similarities, or a path, a truth, or a message.

"You can write a memoir about anything, no matter how small or seemingly inconsequential. Everybody has stories shelved in his or her subconscious, awaiting translation."

Read more: www.rd.com...

I hope you find the answers that you seek. Good luck.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
When attempting to translate a dream, remember that everything occurring is symbolic. The dreamstate and its characteristics are all manifestations of underlying themes that you need to decipher back into ordinary language. I'll give you an example.

Around six months ago, I had a vivid dream of standing in my backyard looking off into the distance, where I could see an enormous crane-like contraption that was actually a bungee jumping platform. Something in the dream was pulling me towards it, yet being traumatized by heights, I found myself wanting to stay away, although I knew I had to go there and confront that fear.

Now break that down into simpler thematic language:

I was in my backyard (Home)
In the distance I saw (somewhere far from home)
A massive bungee jump that I was scared to confront but knew I had to face

Now flash-forward to three months ago, when a buddy and I decided to visit Peru to partake in a medicine whose name is forbidden on this site. Now flash forward to one month ago, when we decided to tag onto our trip a journey to Cusco and Machu Picchu.

Then... flash-forward to a few weeks ago, when I was looking for Cusco attractions on Tripadviser and stumbled across this.

Yeah... so it turns out that unbeknownst to me, Peru has the third-highest bungee jump in the world. And in a few weeks, I'll be facing down my fears seen in that symbolic dream.

Creepy, right?

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by YoComrade

As a side note I also experience Deja Vu very often, and most of the times i can remember a dream that the feeling relates to. Are there any signs i could look for to tell a regular dream from a glimpse of the future?

To me this makes me thing you are experiencing synchronicity events where where two different events in your experience is connected to each other in space/time.

Any other symptoms of third eye like the feeling of pressure on the middle of the forehead and twitching on the top of the nose? Any increased sense of touch in the body or feeling of calmness in the mind, heat or pulsating energy?
Any other synchronicity events like noticing strange numbers reappearing?

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by JonButtonIII

Indeed very creepy lol, I see what you did there though. Going forward I'll apply something like that.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

Only thing would be numbers !2:34, I don't know much about Synchronicity other than what I've seen in a few documentaries.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

InTheLight
about something that is Outstandingright now in your life

What do you mean by that?

Thank you so much for the link I've been trying to use this Snowflake method to work on a auto bio/ memoir but its like pulling teeth. I'll definitely look at that site later and apply what I learn.

See the most interesting part about this period in my life is what I saw in this waking dream/vision/(insert phrase here) is that I spoke of things to come and as things start to line up it makes me think it wasn't some random event. That's what made me want to start writing, I'm just stuck with how do I include the down time or the SSDD of going to work. I mostly ready Sci and fantasy novels not many Autobiographies outside of college.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

YoComrade

InTheLight
about something that is Outstandingright now in your life

What do you mean by that?

Thank you so much for the link I've been trying to use this Snowflake method to work on a auto bio/ memoir but its like pulling teeth. I'll definitely look at that site later and apply what I learn.

See the most interesting part about this period in my life is what I saw in this waking dream/vision/(insert phrase here) is that I spoke of things to come and as things start to line up it makes me think it wasn't some random event. That's what made me want to start writing, I'm just stuck with how do I include the down time or the SSDD of going to work. I mostly ready Sci and fantasy novels not many Autobiographies outside of college.

What I was referring to was - has something changed (turning point), or seems different, or stands out (highly noticeable) at this particular time in your life?

For an example, let's say a person has borne ill will towards a family member most of their life, but finally worked it out within themself and was able to release all the bitterness - the memoir could focus on that new gained freedom and how it reflects inwards and outwards to help plan a new path forward.

Think about your dreams and waking dream and look for a message, then reflect on how it relates to any changes or differences in your life right now, or vice versa.

To me it is a personal exploration into the unconsciousness that we, more often than not, allow to remain hidden (for whatever reason).

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
You are not the only person who has experienced the "Deja Vu" dreams. I have had several of those types of dreams and I finally found out what makes these deja vu dreams happen.

First of all I am no scientist. I am not a professor. I have no degree in any psychiatric practices. I am a drop out and have NO credibility.

My research, and my findings, are of my own personal experience. Take what I say with a grain of salt. It may sound crazy, but what I have seen would baffle the minds of professionals until it was studied further.

Our minds are capable of some amazing things. I have had very vivid dreams since I was young. I am talking about a world that is living. A world that I am able to traverse. I have recently stopped writing about my dreams and started drawing pictures of them.

As for the deja vu dreams.... This is something I want to try. And I know that it is possible.

I want to open this by giving you something to think about for a minute.

Just go along with what I say, in this next paragraph, as if it was truly possible.

If I were to hand you a brand spanking new gun that has NEVER BEEN SEEN BEFORE. NEVER EVEN SHOWN TO ANYONE UNTIL RIGHT NOW! For the first time it goes public. It is a gun that can kill anything. It can go through any wall. It can pierce any tank. In fact the ammunition in this gun can travel completely through the entire earth, and come out of the other end and still be lethal, and travel through out the universe endlessly.

If I Handed you this gun.... What would be your first thought?

Everyone with a powerful mind will always ask one of the two questions below.

nug eht daolnu uoy od woh? (Read it backwards for the answer.)
dedoal nug siht si?

In return I would say: "Figure it out."

Our curiosity is endless. And it can be easily misguided. However when you are put in this very situation your mind begins to "search" within itself for answers.

Immediately you hold this object in your hands and you start nervously looking around the gun. You see the trigger. You see the hammer. You see the ejector hatch, you see the clip is still in the gun. All the while your mind is searching for an answer on how to unload this gun properly without discharging a round.

Now you might do what most people have done with something they do not understand. Put it back, and ask me again on just how you are supposed to operate something you know nothing about.

In return I would pick the gun back up and hand it to you again and say "Keep trying."

At this point your mind begins to burn out. However some people are able to force their mind to search an area that makes you feel uncomfortable again. I call this, the state of which your mind has reached and what I like to call, the GRAY AREA.

Being put in a situation where life and death are the wagers, your mind will race to find out the solution. if you keep giving me the gun, or putting it down I will simply return it to you and say "Keep trying."

Now you want to shoot me. You decide to point this gun in my direction and pull the hammer back, and pull the trigger.

Then your mind realizes that there is a safety switch somewhere on this gun. Once again your mind races back to that GRAY AREA and begins searching whilst you look for the safety switch. And I look at you and say "Keep trying."

At this point your mind is in overdrive. And it is at this very moment that your mind is capable of sending messages to your past.

Your brain is able to search and save information at the same time. While your mind searches in certain areas of your brain, it also saves information near those areas in your brain.

Now how is it possible to see the future?

I myself have become an eye witness of several different "deja vu" like dreams happening to me in real life. Sometimes the time frame between my dream, and when it happens to me while conscious, is literally days, to years.

When you dream your mind is able to journey to some very far fetched places. But I started noticing something. Just like in the small thought experiment above, in my dreams I am only ever able to see my own future when I am actively searching for something within my own dream.

I have posted this dream on ATS before. I also have it on my old facebook page. But it is the best example I can give.

In my dream I was in a white room. White tables. White chairs... I was staring at a piece of paper that I had been writing something out on. It was a small piece of paper. Like those little notebooks that your waitress carries around. There were numbers and letters on the paper. I didn't really focus on what I was writing in my own mind. Instead I hear this very very heavy, deep, and dark voice ask me: "What is it that you are doing right there? What are you up to?"

In my dream I look up and I see two people sitting in front of me. On the right is this tall skinny guy with really short hair and glasses. On my left is this very blackened, big and darken skinned person. They are both wearing bright blue shirts.

For what ever reason in my dream I said the following: "Every company has a number. And they usually associate it with a name to make it easier for you to remember it. Like for instance when I start signing "Eight hundred Five Eight Eight, Two three hundred-"

I point at the tall skinny white guy and he says "EMPIRE!"

I never understood what it was about this dream until finally it dawned on me when it happened at work.

I was sitting in the break room writing out my phone number, and trying to figure out what type of name I could spell out with them. I couldn't come up with anything. It was about that moment when the Deja Vu started happening. The tall skinny white guy? My Supervisor. The big black and dark person? My Manager.....

I used the exact same explanation, the exact same way that it was portrayed in my dream, Word for word, tone for tone, note for note.

My mind was quickly trying to explain why I was writing out all of these random and weird combinations of letters. My mind was searching for an answer. Because my thought process suddenly rose up, given the circumstances, I was able to travel to the Gray Area and store some information there. Meanwhile my past self had already seen it in a dream.

But this proposes the biggest problem for trying to practice this any further.

How the H am I supposed to have a dream where I am searching for something similar to what my future self will search for?

This causes a controlled experiment to be done. There is enough data here to come up with a hypothesis.

For I am using the Lottery as my proof that it is possible to see the future. I just haven't been able to set up a controlled experiment yet.

Call me crazy, call me stupid. Call it bogus. And leave it here to rot on ATS. If I win the lottery.... you will hear about it on the news. Because it will be the greatest prize NEVER given due to the possibility of "cheating the lottery" being exploited.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Dreams are not dreams, they are our astral bodies visiting other dimensions.

I haven't got rime to go into detail now but I have done in other dream threads.

Check out Rich2150x on YouTube he has lots of good videos and info.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by GiulXainx

Sir I call you genius!

My only concern with trying to test your hypothesis is that I feel the like it would make it hard to tell which world is the real one. Not to keen on getting stuck in a dream, If I'm not in one already.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Just try this simple thought process in your dreams.

Look for something. Just like I gave the gun example... Look for something. Look for anything. Search for something. It could be your every day belongings that you put in your pockets. It could be your favorite movie that you left lying around somewhere. It could be the answer to a problem on a piece of paper.

The last dream that I had where I tried this I ended up waking up in a false reality.

I kept screaming in my head "I need to draw this f'n face!"

A face had appeared to me in a dream I was having on a 200 dollar bill. This face closely resembled a cross between Theodore Roosevelt, and movie actor David Morse.

As I kept screaming in my head that "I need to draw that F'n face!" I woke up in my room... At first I had trouble trying to pick myself up out of bed. Suddenly I appeared to be standing. I didn't even motion to stand. But I was in my room and I was searching for my sketchpad. I couldn't find it anywhere. I didn't remember where I had left that d sketch pad. And it happened. My father came into my room and he was very sad. Almost like someone came and took away all of his cars, all of his money, all of his belongings and couldn't even speak to me. But for what ever reason I didn't care. I was more focused on finding that GD sketchpad because I needed to draw the face I saw. As I kept looking in my room my father sort of just slumped down to the floor like there was nothing else he could do. As if he had been told that he "can not" by everyone. And what I mean by that is being told you can't work anymore. You can't go outside anymore. You can't do what you were doing anymore. You can't even look outside. (Like being grounded knowing that if you look outside... it will only make you more angry.)

Finally I had it with trying to find my sketchpad and I woke up.... First thing I did.... grabbed my sketchpad and tried my best to recreate the Theodore Roosevelt and David Morse face....

top topics

join