It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution of Police State: Then & Now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Mods I know it's short but the images speak for themselves. I mean, what can we really say or do now?
edit on 20-3-2014 by beatbox because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I await the day that some of these Mofos get blown away by some concerned citizen while they are beating the # out of someone.....

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
2 things come to mind it is somewhat disturbing watching the police beat those people with batons and secondly it would appear police have had a love for doughnuts for an awful long time

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by beatbox

This makes me absolutely sick to my stomach. These sick sons of bitches got a way with this, with not even a scratch. They murdered an innocent helpless man. WTF is wrong with this planet.

Read this sick article here.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Ever see any of the videos from the cival rights movement?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Before watching I had a preconceived idea what I would see, was all going as expected but the degree of violence from those cops is outrageous (I'm not American) .
I was going to play devils advocate and say how I didn't see the disrespect towards cops from the oldie footage, no vile names of pigs etc, the kids didn't hock a spit ball at him either ( which happens these days) . I guess it's a case of chicken or the egg, which started first?
I don't tarnish the whole force with a few bad eggs, I don't agree with the disrespect from citizens towards cops (unless proven they aren't worth respect) . Most cops have good intentions or am I being naive ? ;0) again Im not in the US ,if what is shown in that clip is an everyday occurrence it's disgusting

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by beatbox

A police state isn't on the way. It's already here. SWAT team raids home, kills dog over a report of drug use….

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
The police used to be respected members of society. Now they demand respect without doing anything to earn it, and they certainly don't act as members of the society they supposedly "protect and serve". They really have become a big, organized gang, and it's frustrating to see the corruption skyrocket as a citizen and not be able to do anything about it. The judicial system turns a blind eye to police brutality, as do politicians. Even if you do beat a bogus charge, they still managed to tie up your time and resources.

A poster above said something about how people spit towards cops now. I think they deserve to be spat on more than they deserve our respect. Why would citizens respect a police force that is reluctant to get off their asses to actually help someone out? Why respect those who beat on teenagers, elderly, and mentally ill people? Why respect the people who shoot our friends, family, and even our pets? These people are becoming more militarized, and they are occupying our land. They view us as enemies, or at best a couple dollars toward their quota. They are increasingly becoming more of a threat to us than those they claim to protect us from.
edit on 20-3-2014 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
In Canada, the RCMP act as an occupying army in the communities they "police".
The truth is the that we are being coerced into contracting these thugs to police our communities.....by the federal Government....

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sine.nomine

'Twas me who mentioned the spitting... I wondered what came first, the disrespect or the brutality , not that spitting justifies it... I mentioned it because from my experience in the UK you would get gangs of teenage thugs walk past random cops , shout 'pig' ,spit at them then scatter. If I were that cop I would also want to kick their backsides ;0)

I feel there is very little respect for anyone or anything these days. Some don't even respect their parents so how can we expect them to respect anyone? I may just be old school but I give everyone respect until they give me reason not to.

The brutality shown is horrendous and in these cases the least we could do is spit at those specific cops and anyone letting it go on.

Genuine question to anyone in the US.. Do you believe ALL cops are the same? Is the whole force tainted ?

Any cops here on ATS? An insiders perspective would be nice

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by LoopyLou

Not all cops beat people. But all cops know it happens, and they know who does it, yet turn a blind eye. That puts them in the same boat as the beaters. There are afew exceptions, but we know what happens to the ones that speak out.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   

LoopyLou
reply to post by sine.nomine

'Twas me who mentioned the spitting... I wondered what came first, the disrespect or the brutality , not that spitting justifies it... I mentioned it because from my experience in the UK you would get gangs of teenage thugs walk past random cops , shout 'pig' ,spit at them then scatter. If I were that cop I would also want to kick their backsides ;0)

I feel there is very little respect for anyone or anything these days. Some don't even respect their parents so how can we expect them to respect anyone? I may just be old school but I give everyone respect until they give me reason not to.

The brutality shown is horrendous and in these cases the least we could do is spit at those specific cops and anyone letting it go on.

Genuine question to anyone in the US.. Do you believe ALL cops are the same? Is the whole force tainted ?

Any cops here on ATS? An insiders perspective would be nice

I've personally been abused by an officer while I was in handcuffs. I had been arrested for underage drinking. I was polite to the officer, and the receptionist in booking even thanked me for being "pleasant". She noticed my bloody face and mentioned how it wasnt uncommon for people to get bloody on the elevator from the parking lot to booking. My girlfriend at the time got assault on an officer a few months later when she tried to close our front door and an officer jammed his hand in the doorway to force himself in. They were there because she called them in the first place, and when they wouldn't stop insisting on searching the house she said that's all she needed and tried to close the door. They cuffed us both and took her to jail, searched the house, found nothing and left.

I have other stories and even the one story with a good cop still has a bad cop who overruled the good one.

I want to respect police. I really do. But I have seen no reason why anyone would ever want to come in contact with cops. Even when they are called for help, they just cause more damage. Even most lawyers will tell you to avoid contact with police if possible.

Asking if all cops are the same is like asking if all members of a gang are the same. The answer is no, but the group mentality trumps the individual in 99% of any given situation.
edit on 21-3-2014 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by beatbox

The first battle is for the conscience. That battle is fought and won with information. Conscience is a rare commodity in America.

IMO, 9/11 is the point where the American people absolutely capitulated its soul. To get back to reality, I believe we must use the same door. Through that door, people will put an end to this poilce state if we have to defund every last officer to do it.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

stirling
I await the day that some of these Mofos get blown away by some concerned citizen while they are beating the # out of someone.....

Like the part at 2:40?

America has become the dystopian society in the movie in case no one has noticed

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
It really does feel like the only way this madness is going to stop is if V for Vendetta becomes a documentary rather than a work of fiction. The NSA are WAY out of control, the US government are war-happy, spend-happy and increasingly biased towards corporations, the US police forces are increasingly abusing their powers, there's a story at least once a week of a US cop shooting/macing/tasering/beating someone when there was no reason to do so and the gap between the haves and have-nots grows larger by the day.

If things keep heading the way they are I fear at some point in my life I'm going to turn on the tv and see riots and/or all out civil war in the US. Societies can only be pushed so far before they snap and all hell breaks loose :/

top topics

join