It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On which moon, or planet, do you think we will find alien life?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The candidates as far as moons are, are Titan, Enceladus, or Europa? All 3 are intriguing and have caught NASA's attention, in fact as I type this Nasa is in the planning stages of a mission to Europa, so they must think it is the best bet, but not so fast. I wonder if it is a possibility that there is some type of life on Titan? It would be methane/ethane based most likely. I think this is possible, just as I think there may be life in the universe based on silicon as well. Could there be somethings swimming in the methane lakes and rivers on Titan? Granted, it is extremely cold, but we have found life in both extremely hot places on earth, as well as extremely cold places on earth. I think its possible there is some type of life on Titan. We saw nothing in the pics from the landing of the Hugyens probe, but that doesn't mean its not there.

Meanwhile, they think the oceans on Europa could be as deep as 60 miles, with more water than earth! Its also very possible because of the friction on Europa caused by Jupiters immense gravity, that the water is warmed. Are there things swimming in the water there? Very possible.

As far as Enceladus, its description makes it sound a lot like Europa, cold and icy outside, maybe warm water beneath the surface.

Or is it possible there may be some type of alien life still on Mars? Or maybe even someplace else in our solar system.I am most interested personally, on what may be in or on Titan and Europa.
edit on 19pm31pm5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19pm31pm5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Try planet Earth!!

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I once asked an Ouija board where was there life in our Solar system and it said Encelladus and a few of the other Moons.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

happinness
Try planet Earth!!

Funny, but Earth isn't a moon.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
backside of our moon

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Seeing as how we know almost nothing about our own planet, its safe to say that some rudimentary forms of life could exist on all of our planetary neighbours and their moons.

Here on earth we have things that can live in purely alkaline environments
Or in the severe heat and toxic environment of underwater volcano vents.
Or the crushing depths of the ocean
I would say europa though as it may have liquid water underneath the ice on top, though i would love to be able to see if there is any life in the liquid methane seas of titan.

I really wish humanity would take space exploration more seriously. Its a fascinating place and holds great potential for the growth of humanity
edit on 19/3/14 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by data5091

Why , Mars Moon Europa . It has been Fortold......

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
The full one. Hahahahaha!!

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

happinness
Try planet Earth!!

Exactly what I thought when I read the title

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

lostbook

happinness
Try planet Earth!!

Funny, but Earth isn't a moon.

But it IS a planet.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I think a good bet would be around undersea volcanic tubes in Europa for lifeforms. Pretty inhospitable planet overall, but the oceans are generally speaking always a good place to start.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
How about... THE moon.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Planet earth, Washington DC. White House would be a good place to start.

But I believe they will find us before we find them.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

The Death Star...

...Oh wait that's no moon it's a space station

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Titan & Europa, plus lots of other planets we will never get to because they are too far away.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Earth. Theyve always been here.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I think Titan with the recent discovery of 2cm waves.

www.bbc.com...

Scientist want to know why the biggest lakes are on the North Pole, and the bright areas around the lake. Besides the rocks and mountians being ice, there are also hydrocarbon sand dunes.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Zanti Misfit

Why , Mars Moon Europa . It has been Fortold......

Mars Moon?
Europa is a moon of Jupiter, not Mars. lol

And personally I think Europa is going to be the first world we find other complex life on.
If I weren't poor I'd put some money on it. lol

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
If you really want to know, I think, personally, that it will be on the moon c2027-b-174-93, that is revolving around the planet MF943-5, in that far, far away galaxy...

But in actuality, I have no idea.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

VoidHawk

happinness
Try planet Earth!!

Exactly what I thought when I read the title

And me also, well the OP did leave it open, and quite frankly gave me the opportunity to say ," will ye all get to feck off my planet"...present company excepted of course.

Simple lesson really, if it walks like a duck...then it must be an alien.

edit on 19-3-2014 by smurfy because: video.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join