It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW Species Discovered, Cryptozoology sea creature?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Thain Esh Kelch

Telos

aLLeKs
The video is pretty old and has been debunked, but I don't remember what is actually was.

Yes it is a very old video posted already in this board and in more than one thread but it was never debunked because there was nothing to debunk. It is a genuine video.

When the title of the thread puts it up as a case of cryptozoologi og "sea monster", then yes, it is being debunked when it is just a normal sea inhabiting creature that is well known.

Because it is a new deep sea creature never seen and documented before, it doesn't mean that is a fake video. Discovery of this creature has nothing to do with where ATS members post their thread. Because it was posted under cryptozoology it doesn't mean there is something to debunk.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

TelosBecause it is a new deep sea creature never seen and documented before, it doesn't mean that is a fake video. Discovery of this creature has nothing to do with where ATS members post their thread. Because it was posted under cryptozoology it doesn't mean there is something to debunk.

I never said anything about the video being fake. So what you are saying is that if I post an alien movie in the Alien subforum, and it later turns out to be hamster, the video has not been debunked because it is not an alien after all? Do you actually know what the term "debunk" mean?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Thain Esh Kelch

Live Science

Cryptozoology is the study of animals that are rumored to exist. Such creatures are called "cryptids." Some, like the gorilla, giant squid and okapi, are no longer hearsay and legend but real creatures recognized by science. Others, like Bigfoot and the Loch Ness monster, continue to tempt the hopeful and the adventurous with the possibility of their existence.

Doesn't just mean 'Monsters'

edit on 19-3-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
whale placenta

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Thain Esh Kelch Do you actually know what the term "debunk" mean?

Do I even have to dignify you with a reply?
edit on 19-3-2014 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
SnF to the OP for this one! That looks like absolutely nothing I've ever seen or even heard about. I'd like to know what the white colored interior part of it is that it keeps flashing at the camera....too strange, and very, very cool.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
old video sheten www.youtube.com... and ramp www.youtube.com...
edit on 19/3/14 by mangust69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Are you sure that's not like a radio active blanket that came to life
from Japan?
At one point @1:36 it looks like a hoodie from the hood!

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Looks like living fabric. Pretty cool find!

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Going off of what I could find that looks similar, it's most likely a type of ctenophore. The oceans definitely have some weird looking creatures.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

It sort of reminds me of the "Flouwen" aliens in the Robert L. Forward series "Rocheworld".

I wonder if it might mot just be the remains of something like a whale's amniotic sac being carried along and billowed around by the currents?

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

_BoneZ_

Originally posted by chebob
Couldn't see it already posted in this forum

It was posted multiple times two months ago, but the main thread is here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sorry for not putting more than a link in my other post. For more information visit these links (from a different thread on this subject)

_BoneZ_ post is here: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 21-3-2014 by Anishnaabe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Here is a thread on this I did a while back. It was in Fragile Earth as it is known creature.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
It's funny how the debunkers posted the same lame ideas they did years ago when this came up, e.g. garbage bags and whale placenta.

As has already been noted, it turned out to be a deepstaria enigmatica. A very rare type of jellyfish that was first identified in 1967. As the name suggests, it is a very bizarre and puzzling creature. And this one of the few times one has been caught on film.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join