It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Helicopter Crashes Near Seattle Space Needle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Helicopter Crashes Near Seattle Space Needle-ABC News

This is just awful. Being part of the rotary wing community I can't help but feel affected by this. Every time I hear of an entire crew being lost I can't help but think of some of my friends that I've lost in a crash, how their families must feel.

Looking at the wreckage I am certain no one survived.

Prayers and good thoughts go out to the families of the crew.

There is no word yet on what caused the crash.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

This sucks.
The helicopter was jointly used by News stations King5 & KOMO. 2 KOMO employees have died, and 1 other 37-year was in critical condition.

Here is a link to a live stream ... Link (ignore the 2013 date--it's live.)

image source article

edit on 3/18/2014 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

It's heartbreaking listening to the live feed. One of the newscasters' children is cared for by the wife of one of the pilots of this helicopter. She hasn't had contact with the woman to learn if it was her husband or not.

edit on 3/18/2014 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

It's just so awful.

I can't even imagine how their families must feel.

I go up in a helicopter every single day in far more dangerous circumstances.

I can't imagine being a spouse or child of a family member who was killed in a civilian helicopter.

Thank you for the update.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

That's an extremely high-traffic area and it's fortunate that several pedestrians weren't walking right then. The KOMO station building is right there, and I mean right there. Standing in the parking lot of that McDonalds in the picture, you might be able to see it (I used to walk by the KOMO and that McDonalds on the way to work every day).

It sucks and I hate to see people die so unexpectedly and in such a shocking way. I hope they treat this story with respect on the news tonight in Seattle and maybe raise some funds for their families.

top topics

join