It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Best Flight 370 Scenario So Far - Theory of an actual pilot

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by roadgravel

You might get in but you won't be able to do much before the crew takes over and then you can't do crap.

Let's hope that is true. Rebooting the FMS is not big deal in flight, right.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
As far as hacks, if the FMS is not required to fly he aircraft manually or maintain critical systems, it doesn't seem like much of a possibility here. A radio communication would most likely been made about the problem.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

schuyler

game over man
reply to post by IQPREREQUISITE

That's a pretty interesting scenario and very scary. How could a pilot accomplish this? Seems like such an elaborate way to commit suicide. And if he did point the plane in the direction of Perth, than why for a week did the world think he was headed the opposite way?

The suicide angle puzzles me. I don't understand it. The account goes something like this: A very experienced pilot is politically active in his home country. He is very upset that his favorite politico, head of the opposition party, gets sentenced to jail on trumped-up charges. So he takes an airplane full of almost 200 Chinese citizens, plus a smattering of other foreign nationals, and intentionally crashes the airplane, killing himself and all aboard, and doesn't tell anyone. The Malaysian government and by extension, the party in power, takes the lead in the investigation, as it is expected to do, and kind of flubs it a bit by bungling and general incompetence, but overall it is an international effort that so far has failed to find the plane. So this doesn't really hurt the ruling party all that much.

This makes no sense to me. There is no "statement," no "Death to America!" as he lights himself on fire, no downside to anyone the pilot ostensibly doesn't like, and all the wrong people are killed. The pilot is a pro who is well-regarded with 18,000 hours experience who is said to love his job and love flying. For him to kill himself under these circumstances does not sound reasonable.

why is his wife and children not on tv explaining themselves.

Why have they not been detained and questioned?

why?

where are they?

why are they hiding from the press?

what are they hiding?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I take it you are not aware his wife and kids moved out the day before also?
I know it is still a stretch but.......
Maybe you believe one of the stories I have been reading on other sites.
Was it electronically hijacked and for what purpose?
Put together the report of a very low flying plane in the Maldives that morning and web reports of it landing in Diego Garcia and who knows.
Word is the 20 scientists on board were all holders of a patent yet to be approved of a new stealth tech.
Remember the story about 2 Seals aboard the cargo ship Alabama that were killed and supposedly they had overdosed?
The cargo they were watching was allegedly loaded on the flight and was heading to China.
This story is a conspiracy at it's finest........

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Commercial planes, unlike military planes don't absolutely have to have the computer to fly. The crew can bypass the FCC by going to direct mode. The FMS can be rebooted.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Zaphod58

Commercial planes, unlike military planes don't absolutely have to have the computer to fly. The crew can bypass the FCC by going to direct mode. The FMS can be rebooted.

Thanks. That puts a hack in the less then 1% level for me. Even it the way point database was corrupted, it was bound to be noticed and handled manually.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

championoftruth
why is his wife and children not on tv explaining themselves.
Why have they not been detained and questioned?

where are they?

why are they hiding from the press?

what are they hiding?

Under the circumstances I'd hide from the press, too. They have been questioned. Why should they be "detained"? Where they are is really nobody's business. Consider it from their angle. Their husband and father has suddenly gone missing and what do the press do? Just like in this country they engage in unsubstantiated speculation, paint the father as a political zealot, and suggest he intentionally downed the airplane. So now they find satellite trucks and news media parked in their front yard (or outside the gate, as the case may be.)

From the family's standpoint I say screw the press.

Maybe you believe one of the stories I have been reading on other sites.
Was it electronically hijacked and for what purpose?
Put together the report of a very low flying plane in the Maldives that morning and web reports of it landing in Diego Garcia and who knows.
Word is the 20 scientists on board were all holders of a patent yet to be approved of a new stealth tech.
Remember the story about 2 Seals aboard the cargo ship Alabama that were killed and supposedly they had overdosed?
The cargo they were watching was allegedly loaded on the flight and was heading to China.
This story is a conspiracy at it's finest........

NONE of this has ANYTHING to do with answering the question on the table, which is the suicide angle. What do 20 scientists have to do with the question of suicide? The low-flying plane? Electronic hijacking? dead SEALS? My post questioned the idea of the pilot's suicide and was restricted to that topic. Why would he do it? Believe me, I've read all about UFO tractor beams, failed laser weapons, and all the other "theories" that have not a shred of evidence. But no one has answered or can even hazard a guess as to why he might have killed himself. And I'm guessing he did not. So why are you quoting these other theories at me?
edit on 3/20/2014 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Actually you missed my point.......all of that has everything to do with his so called suicide.
It proves........or IMO there was no intended suicide. It was something else..........
If they think it is an easy jump from him being upset about some guy who was jailed and his wife leaving to suddenly being so distraught he resorted to suicide a plane full of innocent people they are crazy.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

SMOKINGGUN2012

Actually you missed my point.......all of that has everything to do with his so called suicide.
It proves........or IMO there was no intended suicide. It was something else..........
If they think it is an easy jump from him being upset about some guy who was jailed and his wife leaving to suddenly being so distraught he resorted to suicide a plane full of innocent people they are crazy.

And you missed mine. I was ALREADY suggesting he didn't commit suicide.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Something that the poster has misunderstood here. He says it is unlikely to be terrorists as the turn to the left is intentional and if it was terrorists it would weave about for a bit.... Does nobody understand what the radar shows us?

It shows the last point of contact, going north east, then a loss of contact, and then a radar pin south west about an hour later. It doesn't show the flightpath in between. yes the media and their diagrams show a nice curve with a following straight line, but this is hypothetical, assuming the point it turned after lost contact, and assuming it went in a straight line.

Just for info, i do not believe it was terrorists, but just wanted to correct the assumption that the full turn of the plane and following straight line was all caught on radar.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

schuyler

SMOKINGGUN2012

And you missed mine. I was ALREADY suggesting he didn't commit suicide.

YES I KNOW and then I listed some reasons to show why even those crazy ideas are more plausible than a guy crashing a plane full of people just because a few bad things happened in the previous 24 hours.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by JimTSpock

The passenger air masks would not work at all at altitude - it is something that is not exactly advertised, but the earlier poster was exactly correct in that you require a pressure fed fully sealed o2 mask to breathe in an unpressurized environment say at 35000 feet, not only that you need training and practice on a ground rig, because it's the weirdest thing at first to master.

Partly because of this pressure fed masks are not used in passenger cabins.

As for the smoke in cockpit theory, seems very possible however the front gear bay is external to the pressure hull so fumes would not ingress as far as I know.
The hull might heat up though.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Boniouk06

Primary radar data shows a smooth turn after the transponder dropped off.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by korkythecat

There have been several accidents involving tire fires in flight. In all of them the smoke got into the cockpit/cabin.

In this instance I'd lean more towards the cockpit being where it started. I suspect the wiring was never fixed.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Malaysia airlines liability may go down if the plane is never found. Maintenance or pilots puts it squarely on them. It looking like a hi jack might lessen it. A good reason to release or push facts that fit the hi jack picture.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   

I agree to avoid hypoxia and oxygen starvation completely you need what you said but to stay alive even with hypoxia I think you can breathe 100% oxygen. That's what I've read anyway.
People have climbed Everest with no extra oxygen and that is above 28,000ft. You can breathe 100% oxygen at 40,000ft and survive apparently.

Unconsciousness occurs at about 35 mmHg of oxygen in the lungs (equivalent to prolonged exposure to altitudes between 20,000 and 25,0000).

Air can be used up to 10,000 ft. After that it needs to be mixed with oxygen up to 33,700 ft. Above this 100% oxygen up to 40,000 ft.

Above 40,000 ft 100% oxygen alone is insufficient and it must be supplied under pressure to the oxygen mask. This is pressure breathing.

www.theairlinepilots.com...

I think you and the other poster are talking about getting a perfect oxygen supply and zero hypoxia and I'm talking about breathing the minimum amount of oxygen required to survive, which would vary depending on the individual.

Without pressurization, sufficient oxygen can be delivered up to an altitude of about 40,000 feet (12,000 m). This is because a person who is used to living at sea level needs about 0.20 bar partial oxygen pressure to function normally and that pressure can be maintained up to about 40,000 feet (12,000 m). At 40,000 feet (12,000 m) the ambient air pressure falls to about 0.2 bar and to maintain a minimum partial pressure of oxygen of 0.2 bar requires breathing 100% oxygen using an oxygen mask. Emergency oxygen supply masks in the passenger compartment of airliners do not need to be pressure-demand masks because most flights stay below 40,000 feet (12,000 m). Above that altitude the partial pressure of oxygen will fall below 0.2 bar even at 100% oxygen and some degree of cabin pressurisation or rapid descent is essential to avoid the risk of hypoxia.
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 21-3-2014 by JimTSpock because: spelling

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by xmaddness

Wouldn't the plane of eventually crashed on land if this was case?

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by JimTSpock

Yes you are right and there are degrees -

Found this on Yahoo answers regarding airline emergency breathing apparatus

I-n the cock pit the pilots us a diluter-demand system. The diluter-demand regulator gets its name from the fact that it delivers oxygen to the user's lungs in response to the suction of his own breath. To prolong the duration of the oxygen supply, the oxygen is automatically diluted in the regulator with suitable amounts of atmospheric air. This dilution takes place at all altitudes below 34,000 ft.

The essential feature of a diluter-demand regulator is a diaphragm- operated valve called the demand valve which opens by slight suction on the diaphragm during inhalation and which closes during exhalation. A reducing valve upstream from the demand valve provides a controlled working pressure. Downstream from the demand valve is the diluter control closing mechanism. This consists of an aneroid assembly (a sealed, evacuated bellows) which controls the air inlet valve. When the diluter lever is set in the position marked "normal oxygen," atmospheric air at ground level is supplied with very little oxygen added. As altitude increases, the air inlet is gradually closed by the bellows to give a higher concentration of oxygen until at about 34,000 ft. the air inlet is completely closed and 100% oxygen is supplied. As altitude decreases, this process is reversed.

The diluter controls can be set by turning the lever to give 100% oxygen at any altitude. At moderate altitudes, however, this causes the oxygen supply to be consumed much more rapidly than normal. The diluter control should be set at "normal oxygen" for all routine operations. It can be set at "100 percent oxygen" for the following purposes: (1) Protection against exhaust gases or other poisonous or harmful gases in the aircraft, (2) to avoid the bends and chokes, and (3) to correct a feeling of lack of oxygen.

The diluter-demand regulator is provided with an emergency valve, operated by a red knob on the front of the regulator. Opening this valve directs a steady stream of pure oxygen to the mask, regardless of altitude.

Continuous-flow regulators of the hand-adjustable and the automatic type are installed for the crew and passenger oxygen supply respectively.

The hand-adjustable, continuous-flow regulator delivers to the user's mask a continuous stream of oxygen at a rate that can be controlled. The system usually contains a pressure gage, a flow indicator, and a manual control knob for adjusting the oxygen flow. The pressure gage indicates the p.s.i. of oxygen in the cylinder. The flow indicator is calibrated in terms of altitude. The manual control knob adjusts the oxygen flow. The user adjusts the manual control knob until the altitude of the flow indicator corresponds to the cabin altimeter reading.

The automatic continuous-flow regulator is used in transport aircraft to supply oxygen automatically to each passenger when cabin pressure is equivalent to an altitude of approximately 15,000 ft. Operation of the system is initiated automatically by means of an electrically actuated device. The system can also be actuated electrically or manually should the automatic regulator malfunction.

Upon actuation, oxygen flows from the supply cylinders to the service units. A typical passenger service unit during the first few seconds of oxygen flow, a pressure surge of 50 to 100 p.s.i. causes the oxygen mask box doors to open.

Each mask assembly then falls out and is suspended by the actuating attachment on the flexible tubing. The action of pulling the mask down to a usable position withdraws the outlet valve actuation pin, opening the rotary valve, allowing oxygen to flow to the mask.

In most passenger cabin they will use oxygen generators in the overhead, which are changed out by date and are automatic if the aircraft loses cabin pressure.

There are numerous types of oxygen masks in use which vary widely in design detail. It would be impractical to discuss all of the types. It is important that the masks used be compatible with the particular oxygen system involved. In general, crew masks are fitted to the user's face with a minimum of leakage. Crew masks usually contain a microphone. Most masks are the oronasal type, which covers only the mouth and nose.

Large transport aircraft are usually fitted with smoke masks for each crew position. The smoke masks are installed in stowage containers within easy grasp of the individual. These masks provide crew protection in an emergency and are not used frequently like the demand and continuous-flow masks. Smoke mask equipment consists of a full-face mask, a flexible breathing tube, and a coupling. The coupling connects to a demand regulator. A microphone is permanently installed in the mask.

Passenger masks may be simple, cup-shaped rubber moldings sufficiently flexible to obviate individual fitting. They may have a simple elastic head strap or they may be held to the face by the passenger.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Thanks for that it's quite interesting. I already knew quite a lot about hypoxia and oxygen starvation, it is a big problem for mountain climbers and they have to carry oxygen with them a lot of the time. There are quite a few variables. Some people are more prone to altitude sickness or hypoxia than others, the age and fitness of the individual, the lung efficiency and health, the seal around the face of the mask can be effected by beards and facial hair. All of these factors can reduce the amount of oxygen entering the lungs and getting into the bloodstream. And you can still get severe hypoxia and survive, many mountain climbers have had very severe hypoxia and been able to climb down and live even though they were severely impaired both physically and mentally.
If there was a slow decompression at high altitude the passengers probably wouldn't even notice at all and just pass out and eventually die like on Helios flight 552. That seems to be a possible scenario.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Is it just me or does anyone else find it way too convenient that this plane is now supposed to be in "one of the remotest areas of the world" and it is "almost impossible to search" and now "any wreckage may have sunk".

This is the beginning of telling everyone that plane will never be found.

BTW it was reported that at the last meeting with family members one asked is it possible the plane was shot down?
They have been reading some conspiracy boards.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join