It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Action Might Be Needed Against Russia, MP Rob Anders Says

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
this man is an imbecile, just like our PM.

nuff said

oops
edit on 17-3-2014 by EmpathicBandit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I think I am going to make a thread on the Ukrainian crisis, as a way to sum up my reading of the topic. I could make a post, but then it'd be lost. If I make a thread, it'll forever be stuck on my thread list and not be lost forever.

Ok, so when I first started reading about this a few days ago, i came to conclusion A. Earlier I came to conclusion B.

Conclusion A was Russia had grounds to intervene if it was shown Ukrainian police/military were shooting or oppressing pro-russia supporters. I did not think they could make this intervention without working with the international community, otherwise Russia might get self-interested. Note that I made this conclusion NOT knowing how Russia had been involved.

Conclusion B was Russia had trampled on the sovereign rights of Ukraine by using the pro-russian groups as an excuse. Why? To grab the Crimea peninsula! I argued they should instead give Ukraine a chance to settle its own problems. I did NOT know the full extent of their military presence and operations in Crimea.

See, in the past few days my understanding of Russia's involvement was blurry.

Today I have come to a different conclusion because I've learned more about the moments late February and early March, wherein the former president (Viktor Yanukovych) had been extradited and a interim Ukrainian government had formed (Yatsenyuk Government) - in the aftermath of the Ukrainian Revolution - and finally the Russians had invaded parliament buildings in Crimea and installed Prime Minister Sergey Aksyonov and set the stage for the referendum to take place on March 16.

Like I said, ti's complex and I wager everytime I dig I'll find more. The feeling I have now is the referendum in Crimea is illegitimate because of Russia's involvement. It may be the case many of the people in Crimea want to break away from the Ukraine. It may also be the case Russia is right in believing the interim government was going to "storm" Crimea and flush out pro-russia government and henceforth oppress the population. However, the route Russia has chosen to follow is against international law and has breached the sovereignty of Ukraine and has breached the trust of the international community.

Note that Russia has a naval base in Sevastopol, Crimea. Sevastopol is home to the second biggest port in Ukraine. I am unaware whether any of those forces were used in the operations which took place over a few weeks ago. REports are the armed gunmen did not wear insignia to identify them. They coined themselves "Crimea self-defense forces." It's unclear to me who did what where and when. HOWEVER, Russia has come out and stated their purposes in Crimea: to de-escalate and to stop the interim government from spreading into Crimea. So far as I can tell, the armed gumen without identifying insignia were Russian.
edit on 17-3-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

EmpathicBandit
this man is an imbecile, just like our PM.

nuff said

oops

you spelt highly paid wrong
just sayin

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

If Russia decided to invade the US the fastest route is through Canada "The Northern Shield"

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Well apparently, Russia is rich now.

Why does'nt Russia just buy the Crimea back from the Ukraines?

90% of the people living there, are of Russian descent.

Worked OK for the USA and Alaska!!

Noone wants a war in the 21st century, unless they are a psychopath.

When will humans grow up?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   

gort51
Well apparently, Russia is rich now.

Why does'nt Russia just buy the Crimea back from the Ukraines?

90% of the people living there, are of Russian descent.

Worked OK for the USA and Alaska!!

Noone wants a war in the 21st century, unless they are a psychopath.

When will humans grow up?

We do not know what he people of Crimea want as the option to remain a part of Ukraine was never on the ballet, never mind the all the troops in the streets and the clear voting boxes. And Russia can not afford to buy Crimea, the ways things are going the are not going to be able to afford very much soon.

As for the OP, military action is not needed unless Russia tries to move on the rest of Ukraine, even then airpower backing Ukraines forces would end that invasion. However, the West is simply going to wreck Russia from within with the rest of the world cheering them on. Sucks for Russia but they should have thought this through a bit more.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Just a summarized thought.

Gangsters don't really seem to think things through.

The problem is, neither has Obama or the rest of the West.

I really wish I could look Obama in the eye and say, "You're not in Chicago anymore Toto."

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

JohnnyCanuck

tencap77
I say we don't send the US troops. We send the Canadians instead. And lots of cold Molson. Problem solved. No shooting. Maybe a few hangovers. And then the next morning Rooski's and the Canadians can work it out over some pancakes and maple syrup. problem solved. GO CANADA !

How about we play hockey instead...that way we do the heavy liftin', but America still gets to beat the Russians, too!

Watch how Sleepy Bob defends democracy world wide from his secret headquarters in Canada's Parliament!!

edit on 17-3-2014 by JohnnyCanuck because: ...need for props...love props!!

That's AWESOME. That guy is a real tiger! and as far as the hockey goes? HELL YEAH!
I'm calling goalie though! they get to drink more Beer, and St Patrick (the REAL one, Patrick Roy) is a personal hero! (plus my Mom was born in Quebec City and her maiden name was, ROY!)

ALso, the sign language assist in the little box above his head makes it look like he's dreaming he's Count Chocula !

edit on 3172014 by tencap77 because: spelling

edit on 3172014 by tencap77 because: spelling/content.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I saw this scroll across facebook last night
You should have seen the nasty comment i left. I hope this guy goes to jail and gets a meat injection from a guy named molly. I can guarantee that if harper tries to send us to war, there will be riots. At least i pray there will be.

PS: China and Russa hold a great portion of the US debts and are supporting the petrodollar. If they drop that the US economy is done. -done-. Its almost done as it is, and china is on russias side. Where does the US get all of its objects again? I challenge you to find something not made in china these days.
edit on 18/3/14 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

This is kind of how I saw it. Crimea wants to join Russia, big deal.

If Russia decides to have a go at the Ukraine then its handbags at dawn.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

TDawgRex
The way I see it, is that it is only a matter of time. We have Gangsters and Banksters on both sides pushing each others buttons. Eventually it's gonna blow.

It is been brewing for a long time. You only need one to remove the lid and BOOM !!!

Game over..., i mean game ON !!!

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
On behalf of the United States Military, I officially declare that, yes indeed, the United States will act aggressively, on behalf of Canada, against Russia, in their attempt to annex Crimea.

In return, Canada will foot the bill, payable, in advance, for the entire military action, the post-conflict costs, including reparations and rebuilding, as well as the cost to treat and care for all our soldiers wounded, physically AND mentally, whilst performing Canada's dirty work.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I can't help thinking that if RCMP Benton Fraser were in charge this thing would have been settled weeks ago, and ended with a 'Thank you kindly'.

How easily this man speaks of sending another nations souls and resources to war.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Crakeur
On behalf of the United States Military, I officially declare that, yes indeed, the United States will act aggressively, on behalf of Canada, against Russia, in their attempt to annex Crimea.

In return, Canada will foot the bill, payable, in advance, for the entire military action, the post-conflict costs, including reparations and rebuilding, as well as the cost to treat and care for all our soldiers wounded, physically AND mentally, whilst performing Canada's dirty work.

We'll sell our gold hockey medals . . . . that ought to cover it!!!

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Crakeur

Don't send us the bill...but you might want to forward it directly to Sleepy Bob himself...Bob's Office:

Dude, I still think you're cutting a crappy deal for yourselves, but hey maybe the UK will sign on. Any takers?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

JohnnyCanuck

Crakeur

Don't send us the bill...but you might want to forward it directly to Sleepy Bob himself...Bob's Office:

Dude, I still think you're cutting a crappy deal for yourselves, but hey maybe the UK will sign on. Any takers?

We'll send Hague. He's our tough talking knobhead.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join