It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul, Topping the Republican Nominee list?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Washington (CNN) - Rand Paul has done something his father never did - top the list of potential Republican presidential candidates in a national poll. According to a new CNN/ORC International survey, 16% of Republicans and independents who lean toward the GOP say they would be likely to support the senator from Kentucky for the 2016 nomination.

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

So, he is finally breaking ground that his father hasn't, is it possible that we could see a legitimate run from rand?

Is this a chance for libertarians to have a trojan horse in the white house?

What do you think?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Darolla

I hope he gets the nomination.

Maybe somebody could restore some pride in this Nation.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Darolla

I really hope this works out for him. It would be nice to vote for a candidate I actually like for a change. Hopefully the Republican establishment wont cut him down like they did all other candidates not named Romney during the last presidential election cycle.

edit on 2014/3/17 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
If it ever happened, I would hope he would pull a reverse obama.

You know, be a laying two face scumbag now, but in office turn into the Ron Paul Libertarian we all know and love.

Not likely but I can hope.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

benrl
If it ever happened, I would hope he would pull a reverse obama.

You know, be a laying two face scumbag now, but in office turn into the Ron Paul Libertarian we all know and love.

Not likely but I can hope.

As much as I dislike either party.

The Republican is an absolute shoe in.

Following the worst Presidency in our Nation's history.

Its even going to be more special beating Hillary.

Rand has a great shot at the nomination.
edit on 17-3-2014 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Darolla
So, he is finally breaking ground that his father hasn't, is it possible that we could see a legitimate run from rand?
What do you think?

I think you never saw a legitimate run from Ron, but he was happy to collect millions in donations to almost run for president every 4 years.
I think the apple doesn't fall far from the grift.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

hexillion

Darolla
What do you think?

I think you never saw a legitimate run from Ron, but he was happy to collect millions in donations to almost run for president every 4 years.

Well, I will be writing a big check to Rand.

His father never had a chance. I hope Rand does.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by hexillion

hexillion

Darolla
What do you think?

This is simply untrue.

Not only did they have a "legitimate" run, they had a plan: to win Iowa and NH, then allow the momentum to take them through to the nomination.

It was almost too good of a plan because Ron Paul moved into 1st place:

And thats when the establishment went NUTS.

They went on a non stop blitz from inventing the "Santorum surge" to attacking him on almost every news outlet.

They even had the Governor of Iowa come out and tell people to vote for someone else...

When in the history of the Iowa primary has that every happened?

Iowa Governor: If Ron Paul Wins, Ignore It And Look At Who Finishes Second.

reply to post by whyamIhere

whyamIhere

Well, I will be writing a big check to Rand.

His father never had a chance. I hope Rand does.

You and me both. I contributed the maximum to Ron Paul's campaign and gave quite a bit more to the PAC.

This time I will be much more active in seeing that Rand gets the nomination.

Rand's biggest hurdle wont be in beating the Democratic challenger. It will be getting past the establishment blue bloods who see Rand as too closely aligned with the Tea Party.

The neocons (who wont be happy until we're dropping nukes on every continent), have already started the attacks aligning him with his father's foreign policy.

edit on 17-3-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

gladtobehere
This is simply untrue.

How so? What exactly are you suggesting isn't accurate here?
I saw Ron Paul fundraise millions every 4 years to almost run for president, then never do that. If you saw him appear on a presidential ballot somewhere, let us know.

And thats when the establishment went NUTS.

The establishment of what? The political party he is a member of that always chooses a different candidate that isn't him?
Yeah..... that's what I'm saying. The pattern doesn't change and neither does the fundraising to support his election campaign he never completes.

Not sure why there's any surprise around the GOP not supporting him as their nominee. There probably should be some around why he keeps running as a GOP member if his goal was actually to get on the ballot. Which leads to the conclusion I made.

edit on 17-3-2014 by hexillion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by hexillion

Well, let's talk after the Convention.

In five replies two of us our putting our money where our mouth is.

I think you underestimate how angry people are.

We want something different.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

hexillion

Darolla
What do you think?

Yes Ron collected MILLIONS AND MILLIONS AND MILLIONS of donations from people who were more than happy to GIVE to continue on with the ideals he was preaching. What is wrong with that? All donations and expenses are recorded on www.fec.gov you are FREE to check that out.

What is the point of your post? Are you accusing that Ron Paul and the Paul family are stealing from people? How are they accomplishing that?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
He's the least objectionable of all the names I've seen for the Republicans and Democrats.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

whyamIhere
reply to post by Darolla

If you want someone to restore pride in this nation then Rand is not your man. He is a sellout something his father wasn't he is just as dirty as any other politician in DC.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

buster2010

whyamIhere
reply to post by Darolla

If you want someone to restore pride in this nation then Rand is not your man. He is a sellout something his father wasn't he is just as dirty as any other politician in DC.

Maybe you are right Buster...

So you think Hillary is better?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

buster2010

whyamIhere
reply to post by Darolla

Lay out your points that back up your claims.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Oh gods! Please let Rand run!

That way I can dust off this nifty video showing just the kinds of people that Rand attracts.

Think that Rand wants to work for the people?

Uh, well, no...

maplight.org...

But I hope he gets the nomination. It would pretty much guarantee any left winger running against him gets elected.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

HauntWok
Oh gods! Please let Rand run!

That way I can dust off this nifty video showing just the kinds of people that Rand attracts.

Think that Rand wants to work for the people?

Uh, well, no...

maplight.org...

But I hope he gets the nomination. It would pretty much guarantee any left winger running against him gets elected.

It is quite interesting how you attempt to paint his supporters in a certain way, when obviously there was one man stepping on a lady but at the same time there was another man telling him to stop "no no no no no, come on". So you are associating the guilt of one supporter of Rand Paul to the man himself in an attempt to paint a negative picture of all of them when obviously there are people in the video who negate that notion.

Instead of trolling, why can't you just be ideologically consistent?

I think Rand's support of the Kentucky Hemp Bill, NSA lawsuit, and working to restore voting rights of felons that have served their time, among many others, have shown that he does work "for the people".

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

I think Rand's support of the Kentucky Hemp Bill, NSA lawsuit, and working to restore voting rights of felons that have served their time, among many others, have shown that he does work "for the people".

His campaign contributions (read: bribes) from corporate special interest groups say otherwise. If he really wants to work "for the people" not for "Citizens United" maybe he could return all the campaign money from those special interest groups.

top topics

join