It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tomnod.com Sighting .... Wtf is this plane doing here? Could this be Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+45 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Hello Everyone,
Not sure if this exact sighting has been posted but...this was just too weird not to share. I was trolling around on reddit.com and also doing some Tomnod.com spotting of my own when I came across this...

Tomnod Map #655896

For those of you who don't have an account there, I've included a screenshot, because this is just too hard to believe without seeing:

Now, according to their data, that picture was taken at 3/12/14 4:49 AM..time zone not given, but I'm assuming local to me, which is EST. I was able to cross reference tomnod.com to come up with the actual Lat/Long, which came to:

Lat: 11.577303 Long: 92.680922

I've attempted to pull the picture off of GoogleMaps, but was only greeted with cloud cover over the exact location. Given that Lat/Long, it translates to this area:

Nayashahar RV, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, India 744105

Which is located on the southern end of Smith Island, between the Bay of Bengal of the Andaman Sea, India.

I hope some of you have an idea of WTF a plane of that size could be doing there...

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
nice one it sure looks like a plane to me, it could be any plane but fancy that being there. It may still be there?

S and F

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by parad0x122

Would this be a plane flying over, on the ground, or being built in the forest (ala Noah's Plane)?

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Given the dates and the planes very low altitude (over trees could not be parked) I would be calling this in to the FAA and the NTSB immediately. This is IMHO one of the best finds I have seen or heard of regarding the missing aircraft.

The FAA and the NTSB have been asking for the public's help and this may very well be important. I took a look att he top view of a 777 on Google images and it looks right.....

Make the call.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Just went to the TomNod site and this is what is on the frontpage...first time ever accessing this site so not sure if this is a normal thing?

Something's not quite right...

Tomnod is experiencing technical difficulties. We apologize. We're poking our servers with pointy sticks to figure out what's wrong.

We will collect new DigitalGlobe satellite images today and hope to have them online as soon as possible. Please check back soon.

For the latest updates, enter your email below and we'll be in touch as soon as new images are available.

Thanks for being part of the Tomnod team.

Impeccable timing...coincidental I am sure.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Is there a shot of this thing without the red circle? I don't know why the circle is there in the first place unless to hide bad cut and paste. Interesting all the same.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Yeah I know, the initial poster posted it less then 14 hours ago, and to my knowledge only myself and one other person even posted a reply to look at it...no one else was able to cross reference the lat/long to find that it actually is a feasible distance from where the plane was last known to be located either, as Tomnod doesn't natively share the lat/long unless you do some coding trickery. Just too friggin' weird to see a plan just sitting on the ground like that...

I might call when I get out of work in 2.5 hours.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Wow! That is very interesting!! I'd be calling that one in if I were you! Tomnod won't load for me right now!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

pfft. Call now, be a hero. Luck of the Irish. And call your fave reporter too, just to give them a boost up the food chain.
edit on 17-3-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

The pink circle is a beacon I placed on the map to notify Tomnod.com that I spotted something, here's another screenie without the circle:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

If I am looking at the picture correctly...it appears to be in the middle of a patch of trees, so even weirder, how would it have gotten to that location seemingly intact?
edit on 3/17/2014 by UberL33t because: pesky typos

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

I know, Ive been having trouble loading their site consistently too, their servers are probably getting hammered.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I think he thinks it's flying low. Like a goose, only a bit higher.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

UberL33t

If I am looking at the picture correctly...it appears to be in the middle of a patch of trees, so even weirder, how would have it gotten to that location seemingly intact?

That's what I'm wondering, and what's weirder is the fact that the image is taken direct from their site, you can load it for yourself once traffic dies down for a second too. It looks kinda photoshop-ish to me but...how is that possible coming direct from a satellite feed?

I'm going to call, what do I have to lose? Anyone happen to know who I would even call for something like this?
edit on 17-3-2014 by parad0x122 because: typo

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Allrighty then that makes more sense. You may very well have something there one can hope anyway. It looks perhaps like some other structures in the area. How would it get there in one piece? (assuming it's on the ground)

ETA: Can't quite put my finger on it but zoomed in something doesn't look quite right with the tail of that thing for it to be a 777. I may be totally wrong though.
edit on 17-3-2014 by minkmouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Ahhh this is an image whilst it was allegedly still in flight and not necessarily stationary...gotcha. I was beginning to think it WAS ALIENS

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Mamatus
Given the dates and the planes very low altitude (over trees could not be parked) I would be calling this in to the FAA and the NTSB immediately. This is IMHO one of the best finds I have seen or heard of regarding the missing aircraft.

The FAA and the NTSB have been asking for the public's help and this may very well be important. I took a look att he top view of a 777 on Google images and it looks right.....

Make the call.

I wouldn't call official sources about this... let them find it on their own, you'd be crazy to call that in - I wouldn't trust them. Just IMO. I know that sounds kinda evil not to call it in - but its your behind on the line! No one elses but yours. Think about it. Its one of those things you have to let go because they might not even tell it if you do call it in - so it would be your loss. Don't trust them.

Its ok to post information on here but telling the government about something they are hiding is a different issue.

I'm just saying but in all seriousness you probably know not to call it in, I'm just warning you in case. No I'm not paranoid - just keep yourself safe OP.
edit on 17-3-2014 by RevelationsDivad because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2014 by RevelationsDivad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

UberL33t

If I am looking at the picture correctly...it appears to be in the middle of a patch of trees, so even weirder, how would it have gotten to that location seemingly intact?
edit on 3/17/2014 by UberL33t because: pesky typos

Unless a plane was flying there when the snap was taken.

I doubt this is MH370. Unless it found a way to land in the middle of a forest without blowing up in a million pieces.

link   

I'm curious of that too, I can't tell if this thing is flying or somehow just..parked in the woods? If the latter...how the F is that even possible without disturbing the surrounding area?

link   
reply to post by minkmouse

It is circled in red because he marked it on the map, but here is the plane (Tomnod loaded) with no red circle around it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join