It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tomnod.com Sighting .... Wtf is this plane doing here? Could this be Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationsDivad

That is bad advice.

If anyone finds anything they should do whatever to alert the proper channels.

link   
How up to date are these images? Usually we only get to see old images on mapping.

link   

parad0x122

UberL33t
reply to post by parad0x122

If I am looking at the picture correctly...it appears to be in the middle of a patch of trees, so even weirder, how would have it gotten to that location seemingly intact?

That's what I'm wondering, and what's weirder is the fact that the image is taken direct from their site, you can load it for yourself once traffic dies down for a second too. It looks kinda photoshop-ish to me but...how is that possible coming direct from a satellite feed?

I'm going to call, what do I have to lose? Anyone happen to know who I would even call for something like this?
edit on 17-3-2014 by parad0x122 because: typo

I hope you don't turn into a mysterious death someday when the government or somebody decides to silence you.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

RevelationsDivad

Mamatus
Given the dates and the planes very low altitude (over trees could not be parked) I would be calling this in to the FAA and the NTSB immediately. This is IMHO one of the best finds I have seen or heard of regarding the missing aircraft.

The FAA and the NTSB have been asking for the public's help and this may very well be important. I took a look att he top view of a 777 on Google images and it looks right.....

Make the call.

I wouldn't call official sources about this... let them find it on their own, you'd be crazy to call that in - I wouldn't trust them. Just IMO. I know that sounds kinda evil not to call it in - but its your behind on the line! No one elses but yours. Think about it. Its one of those things you have to let go because they might not even tell it if you do call it in - so it would be your loss. Don't trust them.

I'm just saying but in all seriousness you probably know not to call it in, I'm just warning you in case. No I'm not paranoid - just keep yourself safe OP.
edit on 17-3-2014 by RevelationsDivad because: (no reason given)

I'm with you on this one...I mean, I hope for the passengers' sake that this is just a random photo of a different random plane and nothing more. I would rather not be known as "that guy who mistook a different plane as flight 370, then called the FAA and was thrown in jail because he was wrong"

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Email it anonymously to some spokesperson for the families.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

shappy
How up to date are these images? Usually we only get to see old images on mapping.

That specific image was taken on 3/12/14 at 4:49 A.M. It doesn't state which timezone, but you can see the timestamp from their satellite output on the bottom right of all Tomnod.com photos...

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

RevelationsDivad

Mamatus
Given the dates and the planes very low altitude (over trees could not be parked) I would be calling this in to the FAA and the NTSB immediately. This is IMHO one of the best finds I have seen or heard of regarding the missing aircraft.

The FAA and the NTSB have been asking for the public's help and this may very well be important. I took a look att he top view of a 777 on Google images and it looks right.....

Make the call.

I wouldn't call official sources about this... let them find it on their own, you'd be crazy to call that in - I wouldn't trust them. Just IMO. I know that sounds kinda evil not to call it in - but its your behind on the line! No one elses but yours. Think about it. Its one of those things you have to let go because they might not even tell it if you do call it in - so it would be your loss. Don't trust them.

Its ok to post information on here but telling the government about something they are hiding is a different issue.

I'm just saying but in all seriousness you probably know not to call it in, I'm just warning you in case. No I'm not paranoid - just keep yourself safe OP.

The FAA and NTSB have asked for crowd sourcing from ordinary people. The search area is beyond massive and the OP of this thread will not find himself in any kind of trouble for making the call. I am a commercial pilot and know what I am talking about here.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

ChaosEpsilon

parad0x122

UberL33t

If I am looking at the picture correctly...it appears to be in the middle of a patch of trees, so even weirder, how would have it gotten to that location seemingly intact?

That's what I'm wondering, and what's weirder is the fact that the image is taken direct from their site, you can load it for yourself once traffic dies down for a second too. It looks kinda photoshop-ish to me but...how is that possible coming direct from a satellite feed?

I'm going to call, what do I have to lose? Anyone happen to know who I would even call for something like this?
edit on 17-3-2014 by parad0x122 because: typo

I hope you don't turn into a mysterious death someday when the government or somebody decides to silence you.

Kind of a terrifying thing for someone who's only made 2 posts on the site to post....

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Thanks for the words of encouragement Mamatus, and it's awesome to have a real pilot involved on this. So in your opinion...what could this be?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I would follow this advice from the above poster...

The FAA and NTSB have asked for crowd sourcing from ordinary people. The search area is beyond massive and the OP of this thread will not find himself in any kind of trouble for making the call. I am a commercial pilot and know what I am talking about here.

link   
S&F for a really trippy find. Seriously weird....

link   

Anyone know any details of the plane...colour etc etc

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Here it is touched up and zoomed in on the plane. It's clear to me that it is above the tree line, and there are no immediate signs of Photoshopping (not that I'm an expert).

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
There is an airport just north east, if infact its heading in that direction, flying low to land? Not to sure, is that enough for a 777 to land/take off from? (Yellow line/ruler is the airports runway)

edit on 17-3-2014 by Anishnaabe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Darkblade71
reply to post by RevelationsDivad

That is bad advice.

If anyone finds anything they should do whatever to alert the proper channels.

Think about it darkblade, through all the coverage for days and all the technology and hidden technology that all these nations looking for that plane have, especially the U.S, It seems you fail to see that they could have found it themselves. They are deliberately hiding the plane from coverage. With all the technology nations have today there is no excuse for not being able to find that plane.

Now - considering they are hiding knowledge of the planes where abouts - your saying its ok to call it into one of those corrupt official sources and put your butt on the line?

I don't think so.

link   
If it was on the water or partially under it, why is there no water above the plane on the image?

I don't think it is in the water.

link   

I don't know the answer to this question, so I'm tossing it out: How much daylight at that time and in that part of the world?

link   

edit on 17-3-2014 by RevelationsDivad because: made a mistake and posted twice...

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

parad0x122

Now, according to their data, that picture was taken at 3/12/14 4:49 AM..time zone not given, but I'm assuming local to me, which is EST. I was able to cross reference tomnod.com to come up with the actual Lat/Long, which came to:

Lat: 11.577303 Long: 92.680922

parad0x122
Yeah I know, the initial poster posted it less then 14 hours ago, and to my knowledge only myself and one other person even posted a reply to look at it...no one else was able to cross reference the lat/long to find that it actually is a feasible distance from where the plane was last known to be located either, as Tomnod doesn't natively share the lat/long unless you do some coding trickery. Just too friggin' weird to see a plan just sitting on the ground like that...

I might call when I get out of work in 2.5 hours.

Has the initial poster reported this anywhere else besides where you saw it and only one other person replied?

Who did the "coding trickery" to find the lat/long? You?
edit on 3/17/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by shappy

No one said it was definitively crashed...hence why everyone is still looking for it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join