It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare - Famous 'Moms' Using Guilt and Lies to Get Signups

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
This is really pathetic.

An ad put out for Obamacare and peopled by Michelle Obama; Jonah Hill's mother Sharon Feldstein; Adam Levine's mom; Jennifer Lopez's mom; and Alicia Keys mom, is using guilt to try to get young people to sign up. And the whopper ... Michelle Obama saying to young adults 'we nag you because we love you'. OH PLEASE ....

'We Nag You Because We Love You'

Feldstein adds, "Seriously, do you want your mothers to have a nervous breakdown? You need health insurance. It’s imperative that you have health insurance. ... Taking care of yourself so your mothers can sleep and have a nice life after all they’ve done for you is not too much to ask in my opinion."

Michelle Obama is brought in at the end of the video to make the close: "We nag you because we love you. Go to healthcare.gov and enroll today."

- Obamacare is a bad product. Lots of cost for very little coverage.
- Young people are being forced to buy a product that they don't want and don't need and that many can't afford.
- Obamacare is unsustainable without full participation by the young adults. And even with that participation, it probably can't be sustained.
- Michelle obviously doesn't 'love everyone' ... she just needs her hubbys Obamacare to be a success for their own legacy.

No amount of guilt or lies are going to successfully cover over those facts.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

"If you like your mom, you can keep your mom."

So prior to Obamacare, we had @30 million uninsured.
With the inception of Obamacare, another 6 million lost their coverage.

(36 Million)

Now according to the White House, @ 4 million have signed up.

(36 Million - 4 Million = 32 Million without insurance)
With most paying more for less care now.

"Mom" is sort of correct.

It is the "Mother of all failures!"

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

I am still in awe at the fact that they keep saying that their children need health insurance. If they "need" anything it is, perhaps, health care.

I can only imagine what our parents would say if we browbeated them to buy life insurance.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

man Michelle obama's handlers really need to be fired. they should never allow her to open her mouth. "We nag you because we love you." has she never figured out that the more you nag the less likely it is that someone will do what you want them too.
not to mention as per usual she is condescending. seriously they need to gag the idiot.

so it would seem the NACA (non affordable care act), must be in trouble, they are now trying to "tug at heartstrings", and "guilt trip" people into signing up. whats next a cute puppy chiming in "oh please sign up, i don't want my beloved master not to be covered and die. what about poor me, do you really care so little about me?". or kids "why don't you sign up, i may need a dr and not be able to get the help i need because you are so uncaring, that you won't spend money on something we need". how low will they go trying to save this sinking ship?

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

LOL, I signed up, and am covered. Had not had insurance in 2/5 years. You don't sign up, pay a fine. Don't wear a seat belt, pay a fine.

Why do people call the "Affordable Healthcare Act" "Obama Care" This has been in the works for decades long before Obama. It is not something that just happened over night.

Also, I think the "we nag you because we love you" is kind of funny, because moms DO nag.

edit on 15-3-2014 by kurthall because: added

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
"We have the best government that money can buy." -- Mark Twain

edit on 15-3-2014 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

kurthall

LOL, I signed up, and am covered. Had not had insurance in 2/5 years. You don't sign up, pay a fine. Don't wear a seat belt, pay a fine.

Why do people call the "Affordable Healthcare Act" "Obama Care" This has been in the works for decades long before Obama. It is not something that just happened over night.

Also, I think the "we nag you because we love you" is kind of funny, because moms DO nag.

They can offer rainbows and lollipops all day long.

I'm fine with that.

Who cares.

But when they mandate rainbows and lollipops, then I immediately tune out and turn off.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Mom? More like Nanny.

This is getting creepy.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

kurthall

I remember Obama saying something like, "ya know, I really like that name obamacare."

Once everyone realized what a disaster it was it went back to being called the "affordable" care act.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

kurthall

I just lost my job, and with it my insurance. The truth of the matter is, when our government is spending 1.7 trillion on black budget defense, I find it really hard to pay for something WAY less helpful that what people in other country's get for free....

Sure, our government can't afford that right now, but once you cut out tax breaks for the insanely rich, and bring the military spending down, there is no reason why this country cant take care of its people without THIS.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

beezzer

"If you like your mom, you can keep your mom."

So prior to Obamacare, we had @30 million uninsured.
With the inception of Obamacare, another 6 million lost their coverage.

(36 Million)

Now according to the White House, @ 4 million have signed up.

(36 Million - 4 Million = 32 Million without insurance)
With most paying more for less care now.

"Mom" is sort of correct.

It is the "Mother of all failures!"

Thanks Beez..

How many of those 6 Million whose insurers pushed into new plans transitioned to new plans? Or are you suggesting that everyone that got a notice said ef it and joined the uninsured?

Can you also tell me how many people have been added via Medicaid expansion at the state level?

Or how many employers added health policies under the mandate?

Or how many people signed up via private policies, not through the exchange?

Just as long as we are running the numbers...

Cuz as far as I can tell...The GOP need to kick this horse until November, but reality is telling a different story.

Americans Stick With Obamacare as Opposition Burns Bright
www.bloomberg.com...

I'd tell the GOP it would be in their strategic interest to "Move On" before November, but seeing how the theme is to hold on to stuff like "birth Certificates", "Benghazi" et al. long after the public calls BS on the GOPs spin, I suspect the strategy is to continue to kick the horse into November and then wonder why the public isn't behind them.

Psst...Obamacare is far from the perfect solution, but it is coughing and fumbling forward and is working better than what we had before and works better than the GOP ACA alternative of "Die already!"

edit on 15-3-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Health is a personal responsibility.

NOT the responsibility of the government.

What I do, what I spend is no-one's business but my own.

Love Obamacare.
Embrace Obamacare.
You and the left will own it forever, a fitting epitaph for anyone that embraces government control.

ETA; play number games all you want. This is an absolute failure.
edit on 15-3-2014 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Strange that you first offer numbers? Then refuse to in your next response? But rather resort to the ever tired rhetoric?

SO...Maybe google up some polling on the popularity of ACA/Obamacare....Multiple polls, disapproval by both Dems and GOPs Falling...approval rising.

Epitaph? Here is how the next couple of years are going to roll...First, ACA/Obamacare will continue to be seen in a more favorable light as time passes. The GOP will continue to pander to it's base and try to pound on ACA/Obamacare as the November elections approach, blind as always to changing public sentiment. The Dems will simply let reality sort out the GOP on the issue. Propaganda only has short-term value. The fact is that ACA/Obamacare is saving people money...and a lot of those people were the ones shouting about it. That is why the polling numbers on Disapproval/Approval are sliding in ACA/Obamacare's favor. The base will nominate extremists both in November and in 2016 and will (at best) hold the House due to gerrymandering, but indisputably lose the popular vote for the Whitehouse again in 2016 like they have in the past 5 of 6 elections. ACA/Obamacare is not perfect, but all the GOP has offered is "Die"...so unless the Koch Brothers et al. have the money to keep up the propaganda budget forever...reality will sort it out.

join