It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very telling line from House of Cards: “I (government) have all the guns”.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Heres the background:

Raymond Tusk, a wealthy businessman who runs a number of companies with significant holdings in the nuclear industry.

Francis "Frank" Underwood, an ambitious Democratic congressman and newly appointed Vice President of the United States.

And a synopsis:

Tusk meets Frank at Freddy's, to try to broker a deal. "We agreed to a mutually beneficial partnership, that's all," Tusk says, when Frank details all the times he tried to use him. "Yes, and what's become very clear to me is that I benefit in no way from this partnership," Frank counters. Frank tells Tusk that their alliance is over, and that Tusk will bend, and accept the president's legislative plan without any further fight. "You may have all the money, Raymond, but I have all the men with guns," Frank tells him.

Obviously this is just a TV show but often times we see reality reflected in shows and movies.

Is Frank's attitude really that far from the truth?

Doesnt government rely on the fact that they have a monopoly on power?

Since Obama was elected, people have been exercising their 2A rights on an unprecedented level.

2013 Gun Sales Set New Record.

And it seems like TPTB are worried...

Army supplying police with 13,000 armored vehicles.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Why would people who can be voted out of office be worried about people with guns? The answer is they don't. Our guns do not ensure anything. I half trained people with a hodge podge of light weapons would be not stand a chance against a true tryannical power. All those weapon would have to be replaced with standard weapon for supply and logistical purposes. That is why the only revolts you see in the world today are those supplied by outside groups or powers. So lets just put away the myth that our guns some how keep the evil government at bay. We have more gun rights now then anytime in our history. If a town banned guns like they did back in the day people would sue.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Notice how 'they' think the people with the guns will do whatever they're told, for the right amount of money, and 'they' won't have to put their sorry butts on the line?

Not everyone can be bought, that's the problem. And it's relatively simple to mount a guerrilla warfare type resistance movement if you can organize people with social media. Add in millions of militarily-trained and angry vets who realize they've been taken advantage of, and it's a formidable army all by itself.

Meanwhile, the NSA will still be reading last year's Twitter cr*p and figuring out how to cool their computers.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
OMG !! I can't read anymore of your thread !!! I just discovered house of cards ,and i am on the 6th episode of season 1 !!!

But on a side note ,i do feel this is how the governments "movers and shakers" are

S+f

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
It may have been a bit subtle but Frank was saying, that although Tusk's money was power in and of itself, that he had the upper hand with his position that places him much closer to federal law enforcement agencies (the guns).

He was threatening Tusk with federal charges (false,trumped up) not threatening his 2nd Amendment rights.

new topics

top topics

join