It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denying your imperfections will never make you perfect.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
These are also lessons for myself.

I found myself to be wrong and what did I do? I repressed these things.

It is to fully embody these imperfections and to make them perfect. Not to put yourself aside and act like you are perfect, cause you fail time after time.

edit on 11-3-2014 by oktopus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Hmm it seems as though you've been on a warpath lately dunno why, don't really see any reason.
Something must've hit you, since the timing between each of the threads you've created is only minutes apart by the looks of it.

Just stating an observation, anyway see you around.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by oktopus

In my opinion.....
Perfection does not exist, it's an subjective illusion.
Or if it does, it's not a desirable state of being.

edit on 12-3-2014 by HarbingerOfShadows because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Some people think what they have naturally is an imperfection because the society says so.
edit on 3/12/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

It's a "good" means of control.
edit on 12-3-2014 by HarbingerOfShadows because: The snarfs made me do it!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by oktopus

I've not watched the video as I don't usually watch such things, however I liked the topic of your thread.

Form me this is one of the greatest truths I've come to understand. I have realised over the years that I was denying my imperfections, not wanting to admit them - not even realising in many cases that I was imperfect.

I came to look at it like this: my greatest imperfection is denying some of my feelings - many bad feelings. If I felt angry - I'd tell myself I shouldn't act that way, 'it's not being friendly', 'no one likes a person who's angry', and so on. So I'd use my mind to stop myself being angry.

Then I realised that if I'm not allowing myself to have my anger, as it is what I am feeling, then I'm disrespecting myself. And by disrespecting myself, I'm being untrue - or, imperfect.

I started my spiritual quest trying to find ways to override and cancel out all that I believed were my imperfections, which came down to just trying to find other ways to block out all the bad feelings I was afraid of feeling. I tried to use my mind to make myself be a better person - more loving, all by blocking out yet more feelings.

And then I understood I was going the wrong way. Okay - STOP! Go back the other way: start to accept my imperfections, all my bad feelings. Which I'm still doing. And I've come to understand that by accepting all my yuk I feel much better about myself. I am not perfect - and that's okay.

So my self-acceptance is growing, showing me the truth of your statement.

So now my way to become perfect is to fully embrace my imperfections, which I do by paying attention to my bad feelings. When I feel bad, I try to stay with the bad feeling, talking about how bad I feel to my wife, and longing for the truth my bad feelings are trying to show me. Which ends up being the truth of why I'm imperfect, because our imperfections make us feel bad. So my feelings are helping me see what's wrong in me, and why; and when the truth has come to light, then that bit of me that was wrong, becomes right. So it's all done with my feelings, instead of how I used to believe it was by trying to apply my mind to make myself right.

new topics

top topics

join