It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Probable predictions of the future

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
(whistle) I haven't posted a new thread on ATS in a long time. OK enough about that.

I see quite a lot of talk of these predictions & prophecies on this forum that might or have not come true,so I thought it would be interesting if I could make a thread that would talk about predictions that would likely to happen sooner or later.

Just FYI I'm gonna share my predictions here that's sort of based on past events and some recent trends that are happening. It will be about a variety of subjects because I think it'll be more fun and interesting that way.
I'll start with my own doom and gloom predictions just to get those out of the way first:

.back in 2010 a volcano erupted in Iceland. It had a long name that I forgot how to pronounce. It was kind of a small one, but I believe it will lead to more bigger eruptions from nearby volcanoes in Iceland. I think their names are Hekla,Katla and Laki.

.I heard stories of when gas use to be $1 and $2 decades ago, so I predict the price of gasoline will reach up to $4 or $5 per gallon in the U.S. within the next few decades.

.electronic surveillance will become more frequent worldwide(OK maybe not in every country)

.the giant caldera under Yellowstone National park will finally explode I'd say within this millennium. It might erupt sooner than that since it's been sleeping for a long time, but god I hope I'm wrong about that.

.the world population will keep going up to 8 billion,9 billion,etc.. leading to more use of our limited resources.

.in the U.S. more people will grow up to become overweight or obese.

OK now that I got those out of the way I'll share some more positive notes of my predictions:

.just like the birth control pill for women decades ago I predict someone will invent the same thing for men,hopefully within the next decade. Or something close to it at least. If this doesn't happen I will be pretty disappointed.

.I really hope and predict that somebody will find a cure for HIV/AIDS within the next few years.

.when the gasoline prices goes up to a certain point I predict more people will consider getting a hybrid or electric vehicle or any thing that doesn't take up a lot of gas,even if those cars are pricey.

.solar panels will become more of a common sight on rooftops of many homes.(including mine I hope)

.holographic technology will advance and might become more common in the entertainment industry.(remember that hologram of Tupac a couple years ago?)

.faster internet connection speed will become more available than ever before,hopefully worldwide. I'll thank Google fiber for that.

.more people worldwide will play electronic games,whether its thru game consoles,personal computers,smartphones,tablets,etc..(I see this as a good thing)

.the LGBT community will become less of a minority and gain access to equal rights,including same-sex marriage. Worldwide more people will either accept this or will not(they might still acknowledge it at least).

.a new minority of people will rise;the people who will choose to be child-free in their adult lives

.the man known as Elon Musk will keep making more projects that will help benefit mankind and if he succeeds he will one day become infamous

Phew and thats all the predictions that I got so far. I might add some more later if I ever think of another one. Feel free to add your predictions of what could really happen next in the future.
edit on 8-3-2014 by tormentor because: to bold the predictions of mine

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I think you may be confusing 'predictions' with trends, and possible, or even likely, scenarios.

Most of what you 'predict' is the actual outcome of what will happen if current events continue along the path they are now on.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

tormentor

.the man known as Elon Musk will keep making more projects that will help benefit mankind and if he succeeds he will one day become infamous

It's good that you wrote probable because many of the predictions are already old hat. $.00+ gas has been around fro a few years. Go to Europe and you'll pay out the nose.

And if Mr. Musk does things that'll benefit mankind, he'll be famous. He'll be infamous if he helps destroy mankind though.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

On fame and infamy. May I refer attention to Ender's Game, the novel, and its follow up, Speaker For The Dead. A thousand years after destroying the planet of the enemy, in Ender's Game. Andrew Ender is considered to be a War Criminal. Wanted for genocide of an entire species of sentient life. Remember, history must always be a reciting of facts, with little attention to morals or judgements.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tormentor

One prediction for this coming fall & to be clear....this coming September ...German Chancellor Angela Merkel will humiliate our POTUS in world stage.

top topics

join