It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MST3K

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
If you are into cheesy old movies and recall the old drive-ins or Saturday's Creature Double Feature on tv, then you are most likely familiar with Mystery Science Theater 3000. It was a great series that played the old favorites and some really bad favorites as well.

A while back I read that while MST3K wouldn't be coming back any time soon, they were okay with the shows being posted online for all to enjoy. A group of super fans got together and amassed what appears to be a full collection. Back then I bookmarked the website with the intention of viewing them on Saturaday nights on the big screen tv via my laptop. Time went on and had to get a new laptop, lost the link and it fell off my radar until tonight. I did a quick search and found the site again.

Club MST3K Is still up and running and has quite a following.
If you long for those days of goofing on old black and white horror with robots, then this is on your must see list.
If you have no idea what this is all about, then even better, you get to live the experience and realize the missing piece in your soul that needs to be filled.

Click the link and stream a video then stop back to chat.
Here's another copy of the link in case you missed it above. CLICK

Get to it.

edit on 6/3/14 by shadow watcher because: the cheese stands alone

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Thanks for the link!

There are also a surprising number of episodes on YouTube

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Yes, this site sort of collects the youtube links and puts them in order.
From what I've noticed they do a good job keeping the links live.
edit on 6/3/14 by shadow watcher because: dumb typing finger

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by shadow watcher

aaaaaaaahhhhh! MST3K.......the good ol' days!!!

I miss it much!!

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

If you are into cheesy old movies and recall the old drive-ins or Saturday's Creature Double Feature on tv, then you are most likely familiar with Mystery Science Theater 3000.

Yes, yes and yes… Cheeze me!

Bob Wilkins hosted them creature features. (I prefer Elvira, but its a sex thing)

Nothing like laughing at the guys laughing at the corny films on Mystery Science Theatre. What a way to cure a hangover.

collider.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
It's 10:30 and I'm sooo tempted to watch THE CRAWLING HAND. When I was little, that one scared the crap out of me.
These movies (pre-cable) were what got me hooked on horror and revisiting them is going to be such a thrill.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
OOOH Elvira Mistress of the dark........she happened right around puberty............
She was also on an old John Water's flick too. I think it was Pecker??? She held up well.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Well for the love of god avoid MANOS!!!!

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Great series. I sometimes catch myself making MST3K-style comments when watching a cheesy movie. Drives the boyfriend crazy.
edit on 3/6.2014 by graceunderpressure because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

graceunderpressure
Great series. I sometimes catch myself making MST3K-style comments when watching a cheesy movie. Drives the boyfriend crazy.

I do that and my girlfriend hates it, glad to know that it's not limited to guys...

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Wasn't Manos The Hands Of Fate or something like that?
Years ago I bought one of those box sets where it was the top 50 scariest movies, it turned out to be reall obscure ones that weren't the scariest but they were of the same caliper that Joel used to host.

As a kid we had what, like 5 maybe 6 channels and Saturday was mine.
After the morning cartoons (sid and marty croft), it a quick lunch and straight onto Creature Double Feature on channel 56.
From noon to four, I was in a persistent vegetative state. Grilled cheese and tomato soup on the floor so as not to miss the opening scenes.

Years later MST3k came along and I was locked in once again.
Now I am a parent of teens and trying to coerce them into my world.
edit on 6/3/14 by shadow watcher because: hands of fate not death.........

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I loved the back and forth btween Tom Servo and Crow.
They really pushed the envelope with the censors.
I remember laughing at what got through.

From "Here Comes The Circus"
Tom Servo: Oh no, they're doing it clown-style!

I had to dig up an example.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Girls town is one of my favorite episodes. Mamie Van Doren and Mel Tormé as a hardcore gang member.

The guys kept doing this but under the name Rifftrax with newer movies like Starship Troopers it will leave you in tears the Star Wars movies are hilarious as well.

edit on 6-3-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Buster beat me to it but Yeah Rifftrax are great and by the same dudes.
Karate Kid 3 is one of the films I loved them doing.
Plenty are around online if you look hard enough.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I have the whole of seson one as those were the ones that never got much play back then. Watched Robot Holocaust - 0110 - the other day and that was a nice, slightly smelly pile of dog poop. My next adventure will be Man Zero Two - 0111. Maybe even tonight as it's a day off but I think music will be the first point of order this evening so MST3K might get postponed to a later date.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Does anyone remember Mad Movies? It came on Nickelodeon back in the 80's... it was a little like MST3K.
Late night cable T.V. was strange and racy back in the day. I still have a couple of episodes of Night Flight that was recorded on Beta Max.
edit on 3/7/2014 by ItCameFromOuterSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
The space mutiny one was awesome!
Old battlestar galactica footage for the ships, with brick wall interiors. Lol
And the captains young daughter looks to be pushing 50.. To funny

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Rifftrax sounds interesting. Will check it out. I saw the link to it and was wondering if it were similar. Do they use a similar format with robots?

It came from outer space was another great movie, your avatar fits right into the theme here.
Does anyone else have a soft spot for the Gamera movies?
With 10 seasons (plus season zero) to go through, I think I may have a new movie night ritual.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Just last night I watched Devil Fish. Italians pretending to be Americans - very cheesy and fun. I'm a huge MSTie... love Joel and Mike, all the way back to KTMA days.

Rifftrax are fun, and Cinematic Titanic is also good. But, really, nothing beats MST3K. Every Thanksgiving weekend, I try to make my own Turkey Day Marathon and watch as many MST3K as my husband and kids will tolerate.

Some of my favorite episodes are Touch of Satan, The Brain that Wouldn't Die, Mitchell (sorry, Joe Don Baker), LaserBlast, Devil Doll, and Space Mutiny (Slab Bulkhead, Beef Hardcheese, Bolt Vanderhuge, Fridge LargeMeat, Hack BlowFist, Butch Deadlift, an all the other names for Dave Ryder crack me up every time).

It made me happier than it should have to see "MST3K" listed on the new threads this morning. Thanks!

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The stars of MST3K now have a home at www.rifftrax.com. They now take a lot of newer movies and create an audio track that you can buy from them to play along as you watch the film. Really good stuff.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join